talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool - Wednesday 19th May, 2021

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Just need to win the last game now, surely Leicester can’t make up the -4 goal difference against spurs.

Stranger things have happened.

At least one weird pummelling out of nowhere happens on the last day.

Stoke City anyone? :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Tonight really couldn’t have went much better. +4 goal difference on Leicester now. We’ve given ourselves a hell of a chance. 

Chance to get into a competition that the club wanted to leave....

• Subscriber

We aren't catching Liverpool. West Brom was the chance. I'll be gobsmacked if they don't beat Palace.

I do think a Grealish fuelled Villa do have it in them to get something off Chelsea though.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Chance to get into a competition that the club wanted to leave....

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

👍

What a silly post :P 

• The topic was unpinned

The extreme views on Nat Phillips I'm seeing today are mad. Some are having him starting alongside Van Dijk next season and to others he belongs in League 1. He's neither of these things. 

It's perfectly reasonable to think he's done much better than expected but should be moved on in the summer. And his performances this season in difficult circumstances should mean he gets a good move, certainly much better than if he'd have been sold 12 months ago

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The extreme views on Nat Phillips I'm seeing today are mad. Some are having him starting alongside Van Dijk next season and to others he belongs in League 1. He's neither of these things. 

It's perfectly reasonable to think he's done much better than expected but should be moved on in the summer. And his performances this season in difficult circumstances should mean he gets a good move, certainly much better than if he'd have been sold 12 months ago

I dont think hes bad at all but VVD levels (pre-injury) are also a bit funny. We have to understand that both him and Rhys were a bag of nerves in the two last games and while I think out of the two Nat will eventually become better with time I do think he has to be moved on in the summer if the opportunity arises because with a fit VVD and the rest of the squad returning (if they perform optimally) hes not going to get much playing time. 

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I dont think hes bad at all but VVD levels (pre-injury) are also a bit funny. We have to understand that both him and Rhys were a bag of nerves in the two last games and while I think out of the two Nat will eventually become better with time I do think he has to be moved on in the summer if the opportunity arises because with a fit VVD and the rest of the squad returning (if they perform optimally) hes not going to get much playing time. 

Whoever is fourth choice isn't going to get much playing time, so it might as well be Nat Phillips. 

I'm not adverse to selling him but it does seem pretty.pointless when his replacement will only be a bit part player anyway. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Whoever is fourth choice isn't going to get much playing time, so it might as well be Nat Phillips. 

I'm not adverse to selling him but it does seem pretty.pointless when his replacement will only be a bit part player anyway. 

I don't know how high Klopp rates Nat over the rest of the pack which isn't a short list either. There's Kabak, Rhys, Davies (who knows when he'll play). And then the regulars VVD, Joe and Joel. So its really a hard choice because now there's so many choices who do you keep and who do you let go of.

Lovren was fourth choice in his final two seasons. He played in 33 games (all comps) over those two seasons. Fourth choice still has to be someone good enough to play in a side that wants to challenge for the league and Champions League (providing we qualify). Sign another CB and Matip can be fourth choice

Archived