talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hello

football forum

Hi all 

New to the forum, and I was eager to pick a German club to support (perhaps Bundesliga, but would be happy to follow a 2nd or 3rd team as well). I originally liked Dortmund, for no particular reason other than their brightly-coloured kit, however that feels like an easy option being that they're one of the top clubs. 

A few criteria below 

1. Not particularly successful 

I support a lower league (by which I mean non league) team and I've got used to a certain lifestyle of barren runs, trophyless years and bleak prospects, so supporting a Bayern or someone like that would be out of the question. 

2. No goal music 

I've seen clubs that have goal music, but it's not for me 

3. Not too political 

Fair play to anyone who speaks up for what they believe in, but a lot of German clubs seem directly embedded in politics in a way English teams aren't, which personally wouldn't be for me 

4. Other sports clubs 

One thing I like about continental football that English football doesn't have is clubs having teams in other sports. 

If anyone has any recommendations on who to follow, it would be much appreciated.  

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Once again welcome aboard buddy, I also support Dortmund in the Bundesliga as I was stationed in Dortmund in my army days and the team kind of stuck with me over the years, I am sure the likes of @nudge or @Tommy could or should recommend a German team to follow.

P.S. Watch Tommy as he is a clone of Cliff Richard, loves fires then shooting off on holiday, he can be an evil bastard at times. O.o

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Union Berlin ticks pretty much every box except the last one.

They don't have any goal music? I couldn't think of any German club without one. :35_thinking:

Welcome aboard, Plough. 

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

P.S. Watch Tommy as he is a clone of Cliff Richard, loves fires then shooting off on holiday, he can be an evil bastard at times. O.o

Let's not be weird in front of new people. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

They don't have any goal music? I couldn't think of any German club without one. :35_thinking:

They don't! Never had, as much as I'm aware.

I actually don't like goal music myself. Love our Nebelhorn though, as I think it represents the city well... But other than that, I think it's a bit stupid.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

They don't! Never had, as much as I'm aware.

I actually don't like goal music myself. Love our Nebelhorn though, as I think it represents the city well... But other than that, I think it's a bit stupid.

We have Die Toten Hosen which are a big part of Fortuna and Düsseldorf. So I think it's okay too. It's just part of German football. I hate stadium announcers who make a big circus after their club scored, with "Danke", "Bitte" etc. Gladbach has one of the worst.

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

We have Die Toten Hosen which are a big part of Fortuna and Düsseldorf. So I think it's okay too. It's just part of German football. I hate stadium announcers who make a big circus after their club scored, with "Danke", "Bitte" etc. Gladbach has one of the worst.

I mean I'm not dead against goal music, it's just when I watch Premier League/Football League and a dramatic last minute equaliser/winner is scored, it somewhat spoils the moment if you can hear an Adele track playing in the background. 

With a tag like the one you have chosen you would be well advised to avoid Werder's Australian supporter - his language is already on the verge of difficult and your two names together just might be too exciting for some:censored:

Archived