talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany Euro 2020 Squad Announced

football forum

Tor: Bernd Leno (Arsenal), Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern), Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Abwehr: Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Robin Gosens (Atalanta Bergamo), Christian Günter (SC Freiburg), Marcel Halstenberg (RB Leipzig), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Lukas Klostermann (RB Leipzig), Robin Koch (Leeds United), Antonio Rüdiger (FC Chelsea), Niklas Süle (FC Bayern)

Mittelfeld/Angriff: Emre Can (Borussia Dortmund), Serge Gnabry (FC Bayern), Leon Goretzka (FC Bayern), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Kai Havertz (FC Chelsea), Jonas Hofmann (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern), Jamal Musiala (FC Bayern), Florian Neuhaus (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Leroy Sané (FC Bayern), Kevin Volland (AS Monaco), Timo Werner (FC Chelsea)

Musiala and Volland are surprises in my opinion.

• The title was changed to Germany Euro 2020 Squad Announced
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Baku is the one omission, he 100% should be there. Also surprised not to see Brandt just cus Löw. 

To be fair, Brandt's performances last season are hardly worth of a nomination. I'd rather say his time at BVB has been a big disappointment so far. Stindl is a player I expected in the squad, though.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, Brandt's performances last season are hardly worth of a nomination. I'd rather say his time at BVB has been a big disappointment so far. Stindl is a player I expected in the squad, though.

Yeah thats basically what I meant Löw has always seemed to love himself some Brandt reagrdless of form, kind of like how Draxler was. Thats true on Stindl I didnt think about him, for some reason I dont even identify him as being german xD 

Hofmann and Can stick out to me as undeserving.  You could argue Robin Koch as well since he's missed half the season with a knee injury, but because he's Leeds/Freiburg I'll look past that. 

In all seriousness, I agree Stindl and Baku would have been great additions.  Amiri and Wirtz have had good seasons and Mo Dahoud has been a major part of the Dortmund turn-around.

Arminia Bielefeld's Stefan Ortega has been named as the back-up goalie who will go to the Euros if one of the first three keepers should be injured. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Arminia Bielefeld's Stefan Ortega has been named as the back-up goalie who will go to the Euros if one of the first three keepers should be injured. 

Well deserved! 

Archived