talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 2-4 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd May, 2021

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Are we really at the point where it's a stonewall disallowed goal because Kane's hand brushed the ball through no fault of his own? I do despair. It wasn't cheating what he did, it wasn't deliberate and nobody can prove that without the touch from the hand, they wouldn't have scored an almost identical goal from that attack

No. But if we're basing it on the rulings of what has been seen this season, why shouldn't it be classed as a handball? Next season I'd want the rules clarified or changed to make them more clear. 

You can despair all you want xD

Nobody likes inconsistency but it would have been consistent to disallowed the goal for this season only. So the fact it was given and allowed to stand, showed more inconsistency which nobody wants... 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Qualifying for the CL however, consistently, does bring an incredible amount of revenue. Especially for English clubs. This in my opinion would give Leicester their financial strength to pray off clubs for Tielemans, Fofana, and Ndidi whilst being able to bring quality in depth consistently. 

You've got to be realistic, City have only broken into Champions league season after season with incredible investment. 

Leicester fans are realists, they know to break into the top four in a consistent basis is going to be a titanic effort year after year. The level investment involved with United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea dwarfs everyone one else now. 

All this talk of the big six is a load of bollocks, financially the four mentioned above are ahead of Arsenal and Spurs so it's a case of one or two of the four having bad seasons to allow someone in. 

Leicester had their two best chances for me these past seasons, fans coming back and the progression of the four clubs will make it even harder over the next few years to break that grip of top spaces. 

Spurs and Leicester will need to go all out for Europa whenever they have the chance. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. But if we're basing it on the rulings of what has been seen this season, why shouldn't it be classed as a handball? Next season I'd want the rules clarified or changed to make them more clear. 

Nobody likes inconsistency but it would have been consistent to disallowed the goal for this season only. So the fact it was given and allowed to stand, showed more inconsistency which nobody wants... 

I don't know that they've disallowed that many goals for stuff quite like that. By all means, if his hand was out by his side or he moved his hand towards it even, then it's harsh but at least there's a thought process behind it. You'll never get full consistency over the season. They changed the ridiculous handball ruling earlier this season. I'd rather they made less dumb decisions than continued making dumb decisions for the sake of consistency because they spent the start of the season making dumb decisions. But that's just me. You won't find me denying that the officials in English football seem to make it up as they go along.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

I mean there reason it was allowed is because they did exactly what you’re asking for! They clarified the rule to say it must be the immediate touch for the assist. Which this wasnt. 

It was also bloody clever from Kane imo not to try and put it in himself which going for the golden boot you’d think he would try but he knew if he scored it himself it would have been disallowed 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Storts said:

I mean there reason it was allowed is because they did exactly what you’re asking for! They clarified the rule to say it must be the immediate touch for the assist. Which this wasnt. 

It was also bloody clever from Kane imo not to try and put it in himself which going for the golden boot you’d think he would try but he knew if he scored it himself it would have been disallowed 

I must have missed that xD

Archived