Crystal Palace - LWLWL

Last 3 Meetings
19/12/2020 - Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool
24/06/2020 - Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace
23/11/2019 - Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably Gini's last match for us - but at least there will be (some) fans back in the stadium to give him a normal sendoff. After starting the season off very strong... I think he's been really poor since about December - but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's been a big part of our side for a while now and I think all he's done for us on the pitch cement him as a legend for us (I think every regular for our title winning side are absolute legends).

Hope he goes out with a good performance.

28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That kit doesn't look as bad now

Thought that as well

Need to score soon, definitely before half time. Why the fuck does Gini turn into a goal shy shitbag for us when he’s banging them in for the Netherlands. Salah gives him the ball in the box and he passes it straight onto Mane for no reason at all. One thing I won’t fucking miss is him shitting out of goal scoring opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think you’ve quite been as shit as we’ve been tbf, but an absolutely hilarious way to end the season.

I'm genuinely just glad its over. Didn't think Top 4 would be attainable when Lampard was sacked but the manner of our defeats recently is just embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I'm genuinely just glad its over. Didn't think Top 4 would be attainable when Lampard was sacked but the manner of our defeats recently is just embarrassing. 

At least you’ve got a CL to look forward to. This season’s only got a few things you can point at this season and think “well that’s good” - big mentality from our lads to win the last 5 when it looked almost impossible to make top 4.

Gotta thank Chelsea and Leicester for giving us a silver lining to the season I suppose.

Genuinely stunned that we won those final five we needed to win. Deep down, I was almost certain we were gonna fuck it up against one of these last two. 

Way to salvage a absolutely horrendous season. Next season will surely be business as usual. 

• Subscriber

That's how poor the rest of the usual contenders have been. Chelsea and Spurs both had to sack their managers mid-season and Arsenal just a non-entity for the top six all season. Don't forget that Liverpool were still pretty much in the box seat to win the league again up until November/December so they had given themselves a pretty big head start before the 2-3 month capitulation.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 23rd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived