• Administrator

Kick-off 16.00

Live on Sky Sports Premier League

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS    everton.PNG

Recent Form
Man City - LWLWW
Everton - WLDWL

Last 3 Meetings
20/03/2021 - Everton 0-2 Man City (FA Cup)
17/02/2021 - Everton 1-3 Man City
01/01/2020 - Man City 2-1 Everton

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

2-0 down through basic incompetence so far, that's Europe gone. It's actually a pleasant surprise to get the disappointment out of the way early instead of our usual trick of holding on just long enough to give us a glimmer of hope before inevitably blowing it.

• Subscriber

Currently 10th. Miserable capitulation the second half of this season. Knew Sigurdsson was missing that penalty the second it was given because this is what Everton do.

It's not about today though. Just one win at home against Fulham or Newcastle or Burnley or Sheffield United or Crystal Palace and we probably get Europe.

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Terrible dive from Richarlison. Penalty missed anyway

Got to be joking. Both Dias and Ederson made contact with him on his way down. Lucky for City that the VAR bottled it over the 4 players encroaching when the penalty was struck, including Walker who cleared the follow up. No excuses for Sigurdsson though, shite penalty, no power and perfect height for the goalkeeper.

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Currently 10th. Miserable capitulation the second half of this season. Knew Sigurdsson was missing that penalty the second it was given because this is what Everton do.

It's not about today though. Just one win at home against Fulham or Newcastle or Burnley or Sheffield United or Crystal Palace and we probably get Europe.

Got to be joking. Both Dias and Ederson made contact with him on his way down. Lucky for City that the VAR bottled it over the 4 players encroaching when the penalty was struck, including Walker who cleared the follow up. No excuses for Sigurdsson though, shite penalty, no power and perfect height for the goalkeeper.

He'd already threw himself to the floor

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

He'd already threw himself to the floor

Look forward to you applying the same standards then next time it's one of your's.

Aguero gets his customary goal. I'm more pleased for him than I am arsed about how many goals we lose this by now.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Look forward to you applying the same standards then next time it's one of your's.

Aguero gets his customary goal. I'm more pleased for him than I am arsed about how many goals we lose this by now.

Absolutely

• Subscriber

It's over apparently. Thank the lord. It was over in our living room at 3-0.

Thanks Everton, finishing the season in 10th having been above that all season. Getting all of the Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool monkeys off our back just to fuck it all up by getting 1 point at home to Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Sheffield United when none of them had anything to play for. Not to mention the home defeats to Leeds, West Ham, Newcastle, Burnley and Fulham and the win we should have seen out against Spurs when Keane and Holgate gave Kane two goals.

Bottom line, all we've done is managed to get our hopes up for most of the season and convinced ourselves that this one might be different, this time we might show some backbone and actually deliver when it matters. We didn't. Again. Out of both cups with whimpering performances as well. And again, I look at the squad and there are more players there that I'd happily never see again in an Everton shirt, than players I'd be remotely bothered to see go.

Kudos to Everton for finding new creative ways to disappoint their fanbase once again.

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Its nice Aguero signed off with a brace, should of rested key player though for next week. 7th league title, can't complain :hh:

I think its a nice way for him to get the end to his City run as well. Now, just go win that CL title which I honestly think you'll will.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think its a nice way for him to get the end to his City run as well. Now, just go win that CL title which I honestly think you'll will.

It was, hatrick would of been better B| ..Chelsea have beaten us twice this season, we out played them in every game but they are dangerous on the counter, hope Peps worked them out now

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

It was, hatrick would of been better B| ..Chelsea have beaten us twice this season, we out played them in every game but they are dangerous on the counter, hope Peps worked them out now

I just can't see us beating you 3 times on the trot... Nothing would suggest to me in recent games that we are prepared to be able to manage City full on which they will be for the final... 

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I just can't see us beating you 3 times on the trot... Nothing would suggest to me in recent games that we are prepared to be able to manage City full on which they will be for the final... 

You already beaten us in a cup semi final, i'm worried :4_joy:  ..you will be up for it too wont you, it's going to be a tense game!

• The title was changed to Man City 5-0 Everton - Sunday 23rd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived