talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [34. Spieltag] - 22nd May, 2021

football forum

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

How often do clubs come straight back up from 2.BL?

Hopefully Bremen can use this as a fresh start. Narrowly escaped last season... 

It's not the rule that a relegated team comes back up again at the first time of asking but it happens every once in a while. Two teams reaching this goal is seldom. The maximum of three teams never managed to do so, if I'm not mistaken.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's not the rule that a relegated team comes back up again at the first time of asking but it happens every once in a while. Two teams reaching this goal is seldom. The maximum of three teams never managed to do so, if I'm not mistaken.

Understandable. Although it looked likely that 3 relegated clubs would come back up from the Championship this season, its actually very rare and difficult due to the competitiveness of the division. From what I've seen of 2.Bundesliga, it seems similar. 

Now just imagine, for one second, that Koln had 32pts and we had 33. 
In many of our infinite universes this is a reality, because Koln don't score a last minute equalizer against us by fouling the keeper with VAR "Unavailable to make a decision" because it's not a card or penalty. 

42 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Now just imagine, for one second, that Koln had 32pts and we had 33. 
In many of our infinite universes this is a reality, because Koln don't score a last minute equalizer against us by fouling the keeper with VAR "Unavailable to make a decision" because it's not a card or penalty. 

The Top 3 2.Bundesliga teams all seems pretty strong to me. I really hope whoever it is, they're going to absolutely demolish *öln. 

• Subscriber

I couldn't be bothered to talk about it yesterday, so here some more sober (albeit hangover) thoughts today. As much as it hurts, it's a completely deserved relegation and, taking the last decade into account, was only a question of time. I wouldn't even mind it that much as it was a torture supporting the team in those years and seeing us barely surviving every season, but our precarious financial situation just got even worse - to such a degree where I am seriously worried about the future of the club. Not even talking about getting stuck in 2. Liga, but about the very existence of the club long term. High debt, a credit of 40 million last year, a new attempt to get a loan of 30 million just now, all in order to ensure the liquidity of the club. Now, going down means having to sell most players for low transfer fees, it also means significantly decreased income from TV rights and sponsoring. So no financial security, no squad, no manager, and no means to make it all better. The future at this point looks very bleak, and I just hope I will not have to witness the end of the club...again :(

• Subscriber

Also, congratulations to Union Berlin and Max Kruse for the last minute win and qualifying for Europe. At least there's one club that will still keep my interest in the league... 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Also, congratulations to Union Berlin and Max Kruse for the last minute win and qualifying for Europe. At least there's one club that will still keep my interest in the league... 

It's funny how Max Kruse said he can't be arsed to play Conference League and then he ends up being the one getting Union into the Conference League. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived