Osasuna vs Real Sociedad
Real Madrid vs Villarreal
Real Valladolid vs Atletico Madrid

Sunday 23rd May, 2021
Granada vs Getafe
Sevilla vs Alaves

image.png

- Atletico Madrid can win the title by matching Real Madrid's result

- Real Valladolid need to win and hope Elche & Huesca both lose. Valladolid winning and Elche drawing/Huesca losing may be enough as Valladolid have a better GD over Elche. 
- Elche need to better Huesca's result (Huesca have the better H2H points) and hope that if they draw, Valladolid don't win
- Huesca just need to match Elche's result and they will guarantee safety. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/05/2021 at 15:49, Stan said:

1200px-LaLiga.svg.png

all kick-offs 17.00 (BST) unless stated

Friday 21st May, 2021
Levante vs Cadiz

Saturday 22nd May, 2021
Celta Vigo vs Real Betis
Eibar vs Barcelona
Elche vs Athletic Bilbao
Huesca vs Valencia
Osasuna vs Real Sociedad
Real Madrid vs Villarreal
Real Valladolid vs Atletico Madrid

Sunday 23rd May, 2021
Granada vs Getafe
Sevilla vs Alaves

image.png

- Atletico Madrid can win the title by matching Real Madrid's result

- Real Valladolid need to win and hope Elche & Huesca both lose. Valladolid winning and Elche drawing/Huesca losing may be enough as Valladolid have a better GD over Elche. 
- Elche need to better Huesca's result (Huesca have the better H2H points) and hope that if they draw, Valladolid don't win
- Huesca just need to match Elche's result and they will guarantee safety. 

Atlético champions in the end then.

Luis Suárez' gosls in the last 2 games being given decisive.

• Administrator

Happy for Atletico. Still don't know how Suarez was allowed to leave Barca for a league rival. Got them through in the end though. 

I think Barcelona made the right decision on Suárez. They needed to move on. 

I doubt Suárez would have lost as much weight had he stayed at Barcelona. He was way too comfortable at Barcelona, the challenge at a new club did a lot of good for him. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I doubt Suárez would have lost as much weight had he stayed at Barcelona. He was way too comfortable at Barcelona, the challenge at a new club did a lot of good for him. 

I disagree. Even for another year or 2. Crazy and he’s the difference between either side winning the league title this season. I firmly believe had he stayed they would have won the title. He was never about blistering pace in his prime. He has so much more to his game than attributes that decline with age. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I disagree. Even for another year or 2. Crazy and he’s the difference between either side winning the league title this season. I firmly believe had he stayed they would have won the title. He was never about blistering pace in his prime. He has so much more to his game than attributes that decline with age. 

It's odd they're now signing Aguero though despite letting Suarez go last season. 

54 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I think sometimes a change of scenario is best for all parts. And to me that was the case with Suárez, especially after what happened in that Lisbon match against Bayern. 

Would a rejuvenated Suárez be a difference-maker for Barcelona in La Liga? Yes, I agree with you.

Would Suárez have dropped as much weight as he did had he stayed at Barcelona? I´m not sure. This is where the change of scenario plays a role. Suárez knew he had to deliver at Atleti, otherwise Cholo wouldn´t hesitate to bench him. At Barça, with his status as a club legend, this may not have happened. 

To me what led Barcelona to lose the title, was not the exit of Suárez. They still scored plenty of goals. The main factors behind Barça finishing 3rd in my opinion were Koeman´s  tactical ineptitude in big matches and the bad of performance of their central defenders.  They´ve gotten very little from Umtiti, Lenglet and Umtiti. 

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's odd they're now signing Aguero though despite letting Suarez go last season. 

Yes, they´re similar profiles. I feel like Kun can be a good signing as a squad player, not as undisputed starter. In that sense, he´s a great improvement over the likes of Braitwhaite and Trincão. 

You can knock their football but it's still 8 titles in 9 years for Simeone. For a club like Atletico, it's great. Two lost CL finals with some very bad luck too.

Have to give it up for Suarez. Way better season than most expected for sure.

On 22/05/2021 at 22:34, Machado said:

You can knock their football but it's still 8 titles in 9 years for Simeone. For a club like Atletico, it's great. Two lost CL finals with some very bad luck too.

Have to give it up for Suarez. Way better season than most expected for sure.

Atlético underperformed for years and nobody seemed to be able to get them playing as they should, but Diego Simeone has done that and he's made the club more stable in every sense. 

Diego Llorente has been their best player this season for me. Fantastic signing.

On 22/05/2021 at 21:11, El Profesor said:

I think sometimes a change of scenario is best for all parts. And to me that was the case with Suárez, especially after what happened in that Lisbon match against Bayern. 

Would a rejuvenated Suárez be a difference-maker for Barcelona in La Liga? Yes, I agree with you.

Would Suárez have dropped as much weight as he did had he stayed at Barcelona? I´m not sure. This is where the change of scenario plays a role. Suárez knew he had to deliver at Atleti, otherwise Cholo wouldn´t hesitate to bench him. At Barça, with his status as a club legend, this may not have happened. 

To me what led Barcelona to lose the title, was not the exit of Suárez. They still scored plenty of goals. The main factors behind Barça finishing 3rd in my opinion were Koeman´s  tactical ineptitude in big matches and the bad of performance of their central defenders.  They´ve gotten very little from Umtiti, Lenglet and Umtiti. 

Yes, they´re similar profiles. I feel like Kun can be a good signing as a squad player, not as undisputed starter. In that sense, he´s a great improvement over the likes of Braitwhaite and Trincão. 

The attack and midfield haven't been bad. The midfield have dominated practically every game in the league, the team are up there in Europe's top leagues for possession, passing accuracy, etc and have scored more than anyone in La Liga, but the defence has been a shambles and is definitely the area on the pitch which needs to most work.

Araújo is class and the defence is much more solid when he's available but the rest of the centre backs are terrible.

I would say Ansu Fati's injury was also a big blow as he was on fire before suffering the injury and was already a key player despite only being 18 years old.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived