DFB-Pokal 2021/22

• The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

When does this officially begin? I can't find a good date for it and now that Germany is out of Euro's I don't have much to watch. 

:(

6th August. 

2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga both start on July 23rd. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

6th August. 

2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga both start on July 23rd. 

I don't even see that information on their website..

Do you happen to know when the draw is for the matches on the 23rd? 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't even see that information on their website..

Do you happen to know when the draw is for the matches on the 23rd? 

I don't quite follow. Do you mean the fixtures for the first matchday of 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga? 

Just now, nudge said:

I don't quite follow. Do you mean the fixtures for the first matchday of 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga? 

Correct. I just assume it's done by a random draw? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Correct. I just assume it's done by a random draw? 

The fixture list for the new season of 1. and 2. Bundesliga has been released already, only actual kickoff times are not announced yet. 

3. Liga fixtures will be announced in the beginning of July. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

The fixture list for the new season of 1. and 2. Bundesliga has been released already, only actual kickoff times are not announced yet. 

3. Liga fixtures will be announced in the beginning of July. 

Ha - I'm totally confused, I was curious when the DFB Pokal begins, not the actual leagues begin. I didn't see anything about the first round of the cup yet. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha - I'm totally confused, I was curious when the DFB Pokal begins, not the actual leagues begin. I didn't see anything about the first round of the cup yet. 

Haha, yeah, so as I said, the Pokal starts on August 6th. 

I only mentioned the two leagues as they start earlier than Pokal, and because you said you had nothing to watch :7_sweat_smile:

Thomas Broich has drawn the following matches:

Braunschweig -Hamburg

Ingolstadt - Aue

Meppen - Hertha BSC

Ulm - Nürnberg

Bremer SV - Bayern

Flensburg - Kiel

Viktoriy Köln - Hoffenheim

Babelsberg - Fürth

Lautern - Gladbach

Lok Leipzig - Leverkusen

Elversberg - Mainz

Sandhausen - RB Leipzig

Lotte - Karlsruhe

Bayreuth - Bielefeld

Jena - Köln

Villingen - Schalke

Würzburg - Freiburg

Waldhof - Frankfurt

Wehen - Dortmund

Greifswald - Augsburg

Rostock - Heidenheim

Osnabrück - Werder

Norderstedt - Hannover

Koblenz - Regensburg

Türkgücü München - Union Berlin

Dresden - Paderborn

Oldenburg - Düsseldorf

Wuppertal - Bochum

Dynamo Berlin - Stuttgart

Magdeburg - St.Pauli

Münster - Wolfsburg

1860 München - Darmstadt

Away to Greifswald. 

Not ideal, but still not the worst. 

(Google's Greifswald)

Oh nice, too bad it's not in Augsburg, but still, I see they are really low down in the German totem pole, but it'll be good for them to host a Bundesliga team. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Münster registered a protest against Wolfsburg's 6th substitution during their first round match. DFB asked both clubs for their statement on the subject.

PS: Move this post to the matchday thread. if you feel it's more appropriate there.

I guess there is a debate about what the role of the 4th official should be here.  It sounds like he was asked if they were allowed a sixth sub in extra time.  Seems to me that the team should know the rules but if the 4th official didn't know or gave them bad info then that may complicate things.

For what it's worth I'd rather Muenster go through although that would be a hollow victory.

1 minute ago, Coma said:

I guess there is a debate about what the role of the 4th official should be here.  It sounds like he was asked if they were allowed a sixth sub in extra time.  Seems to me that the team should know the rules but if the 4th official didn't know or gave them bad info then that may complicate things.

For what it's worth I'd rather Muenster go through although that would be a hollow victory.

Well it depends, I simply don't know if the 4th official is supposed, or even allowed while we're at it, to give advice on DFB regulations, to be fair.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well it depends, I simply don't know if the 4th official is supposed, or even allowed while we're at it, to give advice on DFB regulations, to be fair.

Yes, that seems to be the issue.  I think ultimately the team has to have responsibility for their subs.

On 12/08/2021 at 19:24, Rucksackfranzose said:

DFB announced they will conduct an oral hearing at the DFB- sports court, on Monday, the 16th, regarding Münster's protest.

Wolfsburg's out. 👋

On 09/08/2021 at 15:40, Coma said:

Yes, that seems to be the issue.  I think ultimately the team has to have responsibility for their subs.

Shouldn’t the ref or 4th ref stop the substitution to take place if they used all of them?  Aren’t they supposed to uphold the rules of fair play/rules within the game?

didn’t anyone (other officials or opposing team) notice that an extra sub was being made and make it known at the time?

the refs didn’t stop them. While they do control subs coming on by putting their hand out like a gate to stop them from running out until the player coming off is close to the touch line.

It should be the refs responsibility to enforce the rules. 

8 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Shouldn’t the ref or 4th ref stop the substitution to take place if they used all of them?  Aren’t they supposed to uphold the rules of fair play/rules within the game?

didn’t anyone (other officials or opposing team) notice that an extra sub was being made and make it known at the time?

the refs didn’t stop them. While they do control subs coming on by putting their hand out like a gate to stop them from running out until the player coming off is close to the touch line.

It should be the refs responsibility to enforce the rules. 

Why would the opposing team help Wolfsburg knowing they would get through to the next round otherwise? By the way, it's pathetic to insist on help from officials or opponents while being unable to read the regulations of a competition they were taking part in. They've only themselves to blame for being too stupid to count and were rightfully eliminated. As for the officials, the referee has to uphold fairplay, which he did by noting Wolfsburg broke the rules, it's not his job to hinder players or teams to break the rules but to punish them, if they do.

• The title was changed to DFB Pokal 2021/22 - [2nd Round] - 26 - 27th October 2021
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived