talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

DFB-Pokal 2021/22

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw something on Twitter about how none of the teams left in the Pokal have won it in the last 25 years.  If 96 beat Gladbach tonight then it will be none in the last 29 years.  Truly an awesome competition this year.

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

What happened with Köln's last penalty? :o  Anyway, they're out. :banana:

Edit: So Kainz slipped, the ball still went in but the referee said it doesn't count. Apparently Kainz hit himself and therefore hit the ball twice? Weird. xD

As someone on this forum once said, "Florian Kainz, fussball gott" 😆

Man, something is seriously wrong with Gladbach's core. Hannover were good, no doubt, but Gladbach showed little to no resistance. Hannover could have won this with more goals even. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Man, something is seriously wrong with Gladbach's core. Hannover were good, no doubt, but Gladbach showed little to no resistance. Hannover could have won this with more goals even. 

Gladbach have been largely poor this season, with the exception of a few impressive performances by them(their wins over Bayern and Dortmund being an example). It's ridiculous that a team with as much talent as they have is really struggling in the way they are this season. Gladbach should be competing in the top 5 places of the table and not languishing in 12th position. They've already lost 9 times in the league this season, just two losses short of the 11 losses they had for the whole of last season. 

I liked Hutter when he managed Frankfurt, he got the team playing some excellent football that almost lead to the team winning the Europa League. But Hutter has just not succeeded so far as manager of Gladbach. With the talent at his disposal, Hutter should be getting much better results with this talented Gladbach side. The fact that they've beaten Bayern(twice) and Dortmund this season, shows that the team has so much potential. However, their performances have just not been consistent and some displays by them have been horrendous. I just hope that Hutter is able to find a successful formula soon at Gladbach and get the side playing to their potential on a more consistent basis. 

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Will be an eclectic mix in the quarterfinals: 4 2.Liga clubs, 3 Buli clubs and the cancerous ulcer that is RB.

RB look like the absolute favourites now, unfortunately. I hope the DFB Pokal does it's thing and gives us something crazy instead! 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Hannover Bayern'd Gladbach just like Gladbach Bayern'd Bayern 🤣

Hannover were absolutely awesome tonight. What a complete turnaround from the team under Zimmerman. And it's only the third time this season they've scored more than a single goal.

Hütter has to be on his way out you would think.

Interesting stat that was mentioned at the end of the HSC - Union match.  Hertha had 2 goals but only 1 shot on target.  Both of their goals were deflected in and one was an own goal.  I'm sure that's happened before but you don't see it very often.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but this is the field now:

St. Pauli - never won, never made a final

HSV - last won in 1987

Karlsruhe - last won in 1956

Hannover - last won in 1992

Freiburg - never won, never made a final

Bochum - never won, made final in 1968 and 1988

Union - never won, made final in 2001

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong but this is the field now:

St. Pauli - never won, never made a final

HSV - last won in 1987

Karlsruhe - last won in 1956

Hannover - last won in 1992

Freiburg - never won, never made a final

Bochum - never won, made final in 1968 and 1988

Union - never won, made final in 2001

I like when this happens. A 'smaller' side with a chance of glory after several big BL sides get knocked out. I don't want that to come out in a patronising way, genuinely like it when there's 'new' names on a trophy. Or a side to win it after a very long time. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'd be happy with anyone but Fizzy winning it to be honest.  There's a great mix of history and culture in the remaining clubs.

I want Union or Freiburg to win, and I'm also fine with St. Pauli, KSC or Bochum winning it. Hope RB, HSV or Hannover don't. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived