talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

DFB-Pokal 2021/22

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Eco said:

I'm almost relieved we are out. This team doesn't need to focus on anything other than survival and honestly this might be another step closer to either a change in tactics or management. 

Focus should always be champions league. If this type of game had to happen, glad this happened here and not in CL. 
only bright side lol

14 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Focus should always be champions league. If this type of game had to happen, glad this happened here and not in CL. 
only bright side lol

This is wrong on a few levels: Eco, whom you quoted is Augsburg, their focus isn't the CL. Also even Bayern's mayor focus is and always will be the Bundesliga. Read what their officials said about this topic, It's only non German "Bayern fans", who probabaly never saw them play in a stadium, who think the CL would be their main competetion. It's usually them, especially when they come from countries without a traditional footballing culture (like the US, Canada, India, China and so on), who fall for that hype and disrespect the fact that it's champions title first, cup second, and European football the least.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

This is wrong on a few level: Eco, whom you quoted is Augsburg, their focus isn't the CL. Also even Bayern's mayor focus is and always will be the Bundesliga. Read what their officials said about this topic, It's only non German "Bayern fans", who probabaly never saw them play in a stadium, who think the CL would be their main competetion. It's usually them, especially when they come from countries without a traditional footballing cultures (like the US, Canada, India, China and so on), who fall for that hype and disrespect the fact that it's champions title first, cup second, and European football the least.

I think alot of Bayern fans in general especially if their a newer fan say the 2010's even they just fall into the trap assuming the bundesliga is a foregone conclusion and get used to that. I can understand it to some degree we're spoiled for domestic success and especially in the last decade success in general. 

4 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

This is wrong on a few levels: Eco, whom you quoted is Augsburg, their focus isn't the CL. 

I legit laughed out loud at this. The idea of this Augsburg in the CL...my god that puts me in stitches. 

On 28/10/2021 at 13:44, Rucksackfranzose said:

This is wrong on a few levels: Eco, whom you quoted is Augsburg, their focus isn't the CL. Also even Bayern's mayor focus is and always will be the Bundesliga. Read what their officials said about this topic, It's only non German "Bayern fans", who probabaly never saw them play in a stadium, who think the CL would be their main competetion. It's usually them, especially when they come from countries without a traditional footballing culture (like the US, Canada, India, China and so on), who fall for that hype and disrespect the fact that it's champions title first, cup second, and European football the least.

Comparing the goals/aspirations  of Augsburg and Bayern is also wrong on many levels. 
That’s why Augsburg focus on more domestic goals and Bayern should be dreaming bigger

1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

Comparing the goals/aspirations  of Augsburg and Bayern is also wrong on many levels. 
That’s why Augsburg focus on more domestic goals and Bayern should be dreaming bigger

Except I didn't compare their ambitions. Also again European football is only an add-on, a prestigious granted, still not more. The main focus of Bayern- again the words of their officials not mine- is the Bundesliga title, European football is only a supplement. Uli Hoeneß on many occasions: " Die Bundesliga ist unser tägliches Brot und unser Haupterwerb, die Champions League ist eine anfgenehme Zusatzeinnahme."

20 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Except I didn't compare their ambitions. Also again European football is only an add-on, a prestigious granted, still not more. The main focus of Bayern- again the words of their officials not mine- is the Bundesliga title, European football is only a supplement. Uli Hoeneß on many occasions: " Die Bundesliga ist unser tägliches Brot und unser Haupterwerb, die Champions League ist eine anfgenehme Zusatzeinnahme."

Perhaps the officials are being diplomatic to the domestic market. 
which competition has the better prize money?

isnt bundesliga a guaranteed cut for all 18 clubs of the revenue?  So 1st or 9th get the same cut?

Those add ons you spoke of in terms of the Champions league, adds the $   In prize money as well as international recognition, branding and marketing  

That’s how they reach new fans from non traditional fußball countries 😉

33 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Perhaps the officials are being diplomatic to the domestic market. 
which competition has the better prize money?

isnt bundesliga a guaranteed cut for all 18 clubs of the revenue?  So 1st or 9th get the same cut?

Those add ons you spoke of in terms of the Champions league, adds the $   In prize money as well as international recognition, branding and marketing  

That’s how they reach new fans from non traditional fußball countries 😉

1) You may be surprised. I know a few Bayern members and they don't think that would have been the case.

2)To the bolded part: Don't know where you got this from, it's completely wrong though. For Bundesliga money look up this thread: http://talkfootball365.com/topic/11964-bundesligas-501-rule/page/2

3) Bayern are memberowned, I happen to know a few members and they don't care about attracting viewers from new markets. They care about being number 1 in Germany much more than they care about CL, though. Sometimes it's a misconclusion to think you would know the opinion of most members/fans if you only follow them in English- a language most of them don't use when comunicating with their fellows.

On a side note, these fans and members  I know are pissed off Bayern are out of DFB-Pokal, while 1860 are still in it.

14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

1) You may be surprised. I know a few Bayern members and they don't think that would have been the case.

2)To the bolded part: Don't know where you got this from, it's completely wrong though. For Bundesliga money look up this thread: http://talkfootball365.com/topic/11964-bundesligas-501-rule/page/2

3) Bayern are memberowned, I happen to know a few members and they don't careabout attracting viewers from new markets. They care about being number 1 in Germany much more than they care avbout CL, though. Sometimes it's a misconclusion to think you would know the opinion of most members/fans if you only follow them in English- a language most of them don't use when comunicating with their fellows.

Thanks for the info about the prize money in bundesliga. 
my personal focus is champions league. Because I rather see Bayern compete against clubs like juventus inter Liverpool psg real Barca rather than Augsburg or köln just to name a few. (No disrespect to those clubs but based on finances/roster Bayern is in a different place than majority of other bundesliga clubs...)

I would be ok with Bayern coming in 4th in bundesliga if that sacrifice came with a champions league trophy 🤗

Overseas/ international merchandise sales don’t matter to the board? 

14 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Thanks for the info about the prize money in bundesliga. 
my personal focus is champions league. Because I rather see Bayern compete against clubs like juventus inter Liverpool psg real Barca rather than Augsburg or köln just to name a few. (No disrespect to those clubs but based on finances/roster Bayern is in a different place than majority of other bundesliga clubs...)

I would be ok with Bayern coming in 4th in bundesliga if that sacrifice came with a champions league trophy 🤗

Overseas/ international merchandise sales don’t matter to the board? 

Less than member opinions, because the mermbers are who elect the board. And many of said members couldn't care less about overseas merchandise. In fact there's a member request of terminating a lucrative Qatar Airways sponsorship contract which will be decided on at the next annual assembly. Mentioned it as an indicator that parts of the membership rate some values more than money.

As for the sentence above the bolded, don't ever come to the idea to suggest this to match going fans. Am sure English clubs will love you to follw them, then.

Back on topic, the round of 16 has been drawn:

Hoffenheim - Freiburg

St Pauli - Dortmund

1860 München - Karlsruhe

Hannover - Gladbach

Hertha BSC - Union

Köln - Hamburg

Leipzig - Rostock

Bochum - Mainz

Some really nice matches there. Leipzig - Rostock, St.Pauli - Dortmund, and both the Baden-Derby Hoffenheim - Freiburg, as well as the capital derby are interesting. 1860 - Karlsruhe is even mouthwatering.

Looking forward to this.

The exact schedule is: (all times are CET)

Tuesday, the 18th of Jan

1860 - Karlsruhe (18:30)

Köln - Hamburg  (18:30, live on Sport 1)

St Pauli - Dortmund (20:45, live on ARD)

Bochum - Mainz (20:45)

Wednesday, the 19th of Jan

Hannover - Gladbach (18:30)

Leipzig - Rostock (18:30)

Hertha BSC - Union (20:45, live on ARD)

Hoffenheim - Freiburg (20:45)

• 2 months later...

What happened with Köln's last penalty? :o  Anyway, they're out. :banana:

Edit: So Kainz slipped, the ball still went in but the referee said it doesn't count. Apparently Kainz hit himself and therefore hit the ball twice? Weird. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived