talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jules Kounde - Targeted by Chelsea

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We desperately need a better partner for Maguire so I'm at least encouraged to see us linked with a few players in that position this summer. Regarding Kounde I've only seen him play a few times one of them was against us in the Semi last season and I've been impressed every game. 

Having said that he's not the tallest CB so I'd worry like Lindelof he'd get bullied a bit in the Premier league. 

• 2 months later...

We've entered talks according to Romano. Been linked with him for a while now and apparently is Tuchel's first choice CB. 

EXCL. Chelsea have opened official talks with Sevilla for Jules Koundé. He’s the main target as centre back, negotiations ongoing to reach an agreement. 🔵 #CFC

Koundé is open to accept Chelsea as next clubs as he wants Champions League football. Now it’s up to the two clubs. pic.twitter.com/M4bVua2NU7

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 27, 2021

48 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Would be the ideal signing. A year learning alongside Silva before being ready to take over the reigns for the next ten years.

That'd be Christensen. Kounde looking like a direct replacement for Dave. 

He's very good friends with Tchouaméni. They came through the Bordeaux youth system together, and they both have the same agent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them reunited at Chelsea. Would be two great signings.

• The title was changed to Jules Kounde - Targeted by Chelsea
  • Administrator
33 minutes ago, Dan said:

Some signing.

Yep.

Making strong signings along with Man Utd. 

Top 4 will be much tougher to get in to this season.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Yep.

Making strong signings along with Man Utd. 

Top 4 will be much tougher to get in to this season.

It sadly probably will be. Feel like we may have missed the boat a bit.

We've strengthened as well but I do feel like the ladder is being pulled up a bit.

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

It sadly probably will be. Feel like we may have missed the boat a bit.

We've strengthened as well but I do feel like the ladder is being pulled up a bit.

It definitely has. Flat out race between Liverpool, Leicester & Spurs for 4th now I reckon. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It definitely has. Flat out race between Liverpool, Leicester & Spurs for 4th now I reckon. 

Spurs is very much subject to them not selling Kane, or if they do, spending the money sensibly. Do you really think Liverpool might drop out? I felt you had found your mojo again towards the end of last season, but then again thinking about it you probably need a bit of a freshen up and it hasn't arrived. I think the reason Tottenham tailed off in the end was as much as anything due to the failure to really strengthen or capitalise when they had the chance to. I'm wondering if Liverpool are making the same mistake.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Spurs is very much subject to them not selling Kane, or if they do, spending the money sensibly. Do you really think Liverpool might drop out? I felt you had found your mojo again towards the end of last season, but then again thinking about it you probably need a bit of a freshen up and it hasn't arrived. I think the reason Tottenham tailed off in the end was as much as anything due to the failure to really strengthen or capitalise when they had the chance to. I'm wondering if Liverpool are making the same mistake.

On paper I think we possibly have  the strongest first 11 in the.league, certainly right up there. Its our  squad depth that let's us down though, the drop off in quality is just too big.

I first noticed Kounde against us in the Europa Semi a year ago, looked so calm on the ball and really good technically. 

To be fair he has to be as he's not the tallest or strongest centre back but I think Chelsea are getting a fantastic player if they sign him. 

• 1 month later...

I understand Kounde is brilliant on the ball and is a young talent, but how is he defensively?

He is meant to be Azpilicueta's successor, but against Liverpool reminded me of why Azpilicueta was so crucial for us all these years. He is defensively brilliant. Kept Mane out the entire game almost single handedly. 

He's going to be solely missed. 

Archived