talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2021/22

3 minutes ago, Ploughendplonker said:

I had narrowed it down to Hansa Rostock or Hannover. In the end I went for Hannover as it looked like a bit of a nicer (and more accessible) place to visit some time in the future. 

Depends on how you define nice. Rostock is directly at the Baltic Sea and boring is a more fitting adjective to describe Hannover than the one you used. It's easier accessible for a Briton, though.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Depends on how you define nice. Rostock is directly at the Baltic Sea and boring is a more fitting adjective to describe Hannover than the one you used. It's easier accessible for a Briton, though.

Yeh to be honest accessibility was what I was thinking. Not that I'm planning a visit quite yet (not just because of Covid - I'd want to learn at least a bit of German first) but would want somewhere I could make a decent weekend of and, when researching the different places in Germany, Hannover was most appealing. 

This past year I watched significantly less football, in fact, less than I likely have since I started following it back in the early 2000's.

With that being said, I just found out today about Bremen, so my condolences to all those who support them.

A second division of HSV, Bremen, and Schalke is one that will likely have some of the largest crowds in 2. Bundesliga.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

„Stromberg ist irgendwie wie Hannover. Wenn man aus New York kommt, ist es natürlich Scheiße, aber wenn man aus Botswana kommt, ist es gar nicht so schlecht.“

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, londonerlilie said:

So according to the Blöd, we've signed Lieberknecht... No idea how I feel about that.

Always liked Lieberknecht, thought he did really well at Braunschweig... Not sure how MSV fans rate him though. @Faithcore

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Always liked Lieberknecht, thought he did really well at Braunschweig... Not sure how MSV fans rate him though. @Faithcore

He did not manage to avoid relegation in the first season and i think that was also due to the fact that he really wanted to play his kind of football and didn't take enough account of the players we had.

After relegation, we brought in a lot of young and talented players and played some fantastic football for a few months, which was really good.

After that, however, things gradually went downhill and with Corona at the latest, we completely lost our balance. Many people in Duisburg think that it was the coach's fault, but in my opinion it was also due to the fact that we simply had a very small squad that was not designed to play every three days. Lieberknecht also made mistakes and I can't completely absolve him of blame.

Last season we had a very bad start and Lieberknecht was then sacked. However, we also lost a lot of games and the newcomers didn't fit Lieberknecht's style of play at all. I'm still puzzling over who was ultimately responsible. At least in the press, Lieberknecht spoke very positively about most of the new players. On top of that, he had bad luck with injuries and had to leave.

So I have mixed feelings about Lieberknecht. His idea of the game is very good but sometimes i could not understand his decisions and the defence was actually constantly a problem. There was often a lack of balance. Nevertheless:

If I had the chance I would bring him back immediately, because I don't think we will see a coach of his quality in Duisburg again in the near future.

On 08/06/2021 at 19:38, Faithcore said:

If I had the chance I would bring him back immediately, because I don't think we will see a coach of his quality in Duisburg again in the near future.

I've got to say, after his first press conference today he has been absolutely amazing. He has won me over for now!

On 07/06/2021 at 08:29, Ploughendplonker said:

I've decided to pick Hannover 96 as my German team, anyone fancy their chances particularly? Mind you I support Ebbsfleet, so I consider anything more than 3 home wins a season a success. 

I have (or had) family in Hanover so I always pay attention to their results.  Great club to follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Still amazes me the amount of legandary teams that will be taking part in 2. Liga next year. I mean 3 of the elite teams (historically), and still you have clubs that will be a sight with St. Pauli and Dusseldorf.

I have to find a way to watch these matches here in the States, but I assume I'll need to use my VPN to find a stream online.

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still amazes me the amount of legandary teams that will be taking part in 2. Liga next year. I mean 3 of the elite teams (historically), and still you have clubs that will be a sight with St. Pauli and Dusseldorf.

I have to find a way to watch these matches here in the States, but I assume I'll need to use my VPN to find a stream online.

Keep me in the loop when you do find a way - even if it is reliant on VPN.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Keep me in the loop when you do find a way - even if it is reliant on VPN.

Same here.  ESPN+ televises 1-2 games a week from the zweite but last year it was usually just Hamburg vs. whoever else.  I'd like to take my pick of the matches.  

Our first home game against Werder Bremen will be played on that new 2. Bundesliga top game time, Saturday 20:30h. :D

I hope I'll be able to go to the stadium for that. Might need a covid test as I receive my 2nd jab in early August. But I bought my "supporter pass" which replaces the season ticket for the time being on Monday. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Eco said:

With so many members and massive clubs in 2. Bundesliga, should we ask @Rucksackfranzose to see if he wants to add this league to his prediction league? 

Think that would be greatly unfair towards those participants, who follow the 2.Liga very sporadically if at all. Also it would probably cause a lot of logistical extra work to integrate it into the existing prediction league. I'm prepared to run an separate 2.Liga prediction league though, if there's a demand from at least 5 persons.:)

• Administrator

I'll be interested in either - separate or joined up. 

I wouldn't say I'm a strong follower of 2BL but I'd be happy if it was added.

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Think that would be greatly unfair towards those participants, who follow the 2.Liga very sporadically if at all. Also it would probably cause a lot of logistical extra work to integrate it into the existing prediction league. I'm prepared to run an separate 2.Liga prediction league though, if there's a demand from at least 5 persons.:)

I don't think getting 5 would be a problem, and I can do one if you want to do the other (assuming you are busy). Either way I'm fine. 

But if Stan and I do it, and neither of us have a team in the league, I doubt getting 5 would be all that difficult. 

Just now, nudge said:

The latter two never even took part in the original Bundesliga one, I think? xD

I thought DDW did. Oh well, we can get to the 5 which is my point. xD

6 hours ago, Eco said:

I don't think getting 5 would be a problem, and I can do one if you want to do the other (assuming you are busy). Either way I'm fine. 

But if Stan and I do it, and neither of us have a team in the league, I doubt getting 5 would be all that difficult. 

I'll create a sign up thread, when the Euro is done and if 5 persons express interest I'll run a league. We will see.:)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived