talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2021/22

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

Jahn, Aue, and Kiel are must-wins for us if we're serious about promotion and maybe even the title. I reckon 10 pts out of those remaining 5 matches should be enough...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Jahn, Aue, and Kiel are must-wins for us if we're serious about promotion and maybe even the title. I reckon 10 pts out of those remaining 5 matches should be enough...

Agree with that.  Bremen seems to have the least hateful of the schedules.  That run-in for Schalke is hell.  There is no let up there, not even Sandhausen who have been stealing points from top-half sides recently.  I really hope they slip up.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that the season hasn't been great already, but this weekend may clear up the title race a bit.  Anyone have their gut-feeling predictions? 

If Schalke beat Bremen I'd say they are up, but Bremen seem to like draws recently so I could see that game ending in a draw.  I'm hoping for a Bremen win but their form has been erratic.  

I'd hate to be playing Sandhausen right now, although I'd say they're safe with a 6-point gap to Dresden.  I still feel like FCN will drop points.

St. Pauli can put Darmstadt out of the race if they can take all the points, but like Bremen they can't seem to win a match right now.  A draw would be good enough for them to stay in the hunt for the 2nd auto promotion place.  I think they'll win at home and put pressure on Bremen.  

• Subscriber

Toprak is injured AGAIN and most likely out for the rest of the season, Veljkovic also picked up a muscle injury in training and will miss the Schalke match, Groß has a cold and is doubtful - so we'll likely be missing 3 most experienced central defender and I expect our backline will struggle to defend against Terodde, Bülter and co. It also means we'll have to shuffle and play people out of position again, which is definitely not ideal. I imagine we'll start like this:

---------------------------------Pavlenka--------------------------------
--------------Rapp------------Friedl-------------Jung----------------
Weiser---------------------------------------------------------------Agu
----------------------------------Gruev-------------------------------------
----------------Schmid--------------------------Bittencourt---------
--------------------Füllkrug-------------------Ducksch----------------

I hope Schmidt starts instead of Bittencourt, but that's highly unlikely... 

I'd predict a Schalke win; hope I'm wrong though. Would love a nice 4-1 win for us :ph34r:

In a couple of days time, we will know exactly how the 2nd div will end. OK, OK, it will tell us absolutely nothing as far as who can mathematically still get promoted, but it will tell us who SHOULD get promoted.

1 FC Schalke 04 (A) 30 17 5 8 64:36 28 56
2 Werder Bremen (A) 30 15 9 6 54:39 15 54
3 FC St. Pauli 30 15 8 7 55:40 15 53
4 SV Darmstadt   30 15 6 9 59:43 16 51
5 1. FC Nürnberg 30 14 8 8 45:39 6 50
6 Hamburger SV 30 12 12 6 54:30 24 48

First v second and third v fourth

Schalke v Werder at 1:30
St Pauli v Darmstadt at 20:30
Somewhere in between those matches is the Bayern vs BVB match and that will tell us if Bayern's reign of terror is finally over or whether Dortmund are Pretenders or actually going to amount to a title threat in the future. Bayern can mathematically have the title won on Saturday, but the reality is they have already won the title, so if Dortmund cant beat them now, they will officially become the New Pretenders ( from what I read Haaland is going to Man City and this is going to sound weird, with him scoring 18 goals in 20 games, but I think he has been a disappointment this season and BVB should sell while he is still a hot commodity).

But back to real football. You are probably wondering what kind of record these teams have against each other. Well, in the second division they have a record of 1 draw, a 1-1 draw earlier this season. But then, you are thinking they must have played each other 100s of times in the first division and cups and what not. They have played each other a combined total of 118 times and they have each won 47 games with 24 tie games. Wow, you are saying, that is really close, like it just could not be any closer and you would be correct, but then what about goals scored in all those matches? This is where the clear advantage can be seen, Werder has scored a whopping 169 goals, while the Miners have a meagre 166, so yeah as close as you like and a 1-1 draw would suit everyone.  It is so hard to say with these teams, I find the 2nd div games this season impossible to predict, having said that I have a good feeling about Bremen for this match.

Meanwhile, Hamburg's best team or Darmstadt could be the real winner if that other game does indeed end a draw. If either Darmstadt or St Pauli do get promoted it would be the third time for either team (both previous times they were relegated after one season). So, you are wondering what is their head to head record like? They have never played each other in the 1st div and surprisingly only 19 times in the 2nd div and it is advantage Darmstadt with 10 wins to St Pauli's 6 wins. Darmstadt won the game back in November 4-0.  All the kool kids want St Pauli to win, but toss a coin for this one.  As previously mentioned, I would think it is fair to say Schalke have the toughest final 4 matches of any of the promotion challengers, so it may even be possible for both teams to get promoted.

So there you have it, all those questions you have been asking yourself for years are all answered before the big Super Saturday Spectacular.

16 hours ago, binder said:

Somewhere in between those matches is the Bayern vs BVB match and that will tell us if Bayern's reign of terror is finally over or whether Dortmund are Pretenders or actually going to amount to a title threat in the future. Bayern can mathematically have the title won on Saturday, but the reality is they have already won the title, so if Dortmund cant beat them now, they will officially become the New Pretenders ( from what I read Haaland is going to Man City and this is going to sound weird, with him scoring 18 goals in 20 games, but I think he has been a disappointment this season and BVB should sell while he is still a hot commodity).

There's no place in this thread for this filth.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Will remember this season for a long time. Really enjoyed it; such a strong league this season with many traditional, well-matched clubs fighting for the promotion till the very final whistle of the last match. Quite a ride, too. At the start of the season, I didn't expect us to get promoted (nevermind to have a go at the title). To think that we were facing massive financial problems and uncertain future, still selling key players during the season and were mid-table in December, and then went on a great run to turn it all around with Ole Werner in charge; it was something very, very satisfying to see. It will be very hard to survive in the 1. Bundesliga next season; we'll likely struggle to stay up and it will be very frustrating to watch us lose again and again, but at this moment, I'm just overjoyed that we managed to show the character and get straight back. Big thanks to Düsseldorf for helping us out, and to Markus Anfang for faking his vaccine certificate; we wouldn't be here without you.

Now hope HSV thrash Hertha in the relegation playoff and get promoted, too. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Apparently we're due to sign Jamilu Collins from Paderborn. 

Anyone know if he's any good?

I remember his name because he was one of Paderborns players that stood out when they played against us. Very fast and technically gifted if I remember correctly. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I remember his name because he was one of Paderborns players that stood out when they played against us. Very fast and technically gifted if I remember correctly. 

That sounds good in fairness. We lack pace and, from what I read, he's in a position we sorely lack. Hopefully he'll turn out good.

4 hours ago, Coma said:

He's no Bobby Glatzel.

Nothing can beat Bobby Glatzel. :)

Score his fair share I read .

• The topic was unpinned

Archived