talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2021/22

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not familiar with the area...is it nice? Anything to do? 

It's a beautiful region in general. Erzgebirge, Vogtlandkreis, Elbsandsteingebirge, Sächsische Schweiz, etc. Great for hiking and wandering. Göltzschtalbrücke is the biggest stone brick bridge in the world and definitely worth seeing. A lot of small nice towns and villages, some castles, and countless natural landscapes.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's a beautiful region in general. Erzgebirge, Vogtlandkreis, Elbsandsteingebirge, Sächsische Schweiz, etc. Great for hiking and wandering. Göltzschtalbrücke is the biggest stone brick bridge in the world and definitely worth seeing. A lot of small nice towns and villages, some castles, and countless natural landscapes.

I wasn't aware...as I'm not sure I have really ever heard of this region before and wouldn't have without football. 

Looks fantastic though! Enjoy it and take a ton of photo @Tommy

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I wasn't aware...as I'm not sure I have really ever heard of this region before and wouldn't have without football. 

Looks fantastic though! Enjoy it and take a ton of photo @Tommy

Well, it's not exactly in Aue, but not too far... Aue is just a small town, nothing special, but the surroundings are great! My German side of the family lives in the triangle between Dresden, Leipzig and Chemnitz, and Sachsen is easily my second favourite place in Germany, after Eifel. I know people love to hate it, but it's beautiful.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not even Berlin? :o 

I have never ever been to Berlin. xD It's on my list though, together with the 5453 movies and series I have never watched. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I have never ever been to Berlin. xD It's on my list though, together with the 5453 movies and series I have never watched. :ph34r:

That's great though, because Berlin is easily the worst part of Eastern Germany 👀 xD 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I've never been to Eastern Germany before. :o

So crazy to me, but then I meet people who have been to these great areas in the U.S. that everyone seems to go, and I'm like,...'naw, never been.;

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I mentioned it before, but my Wife did a study abroad in Essen years and years ago. I think it's right near you, so have you been? And is it nice? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

My uncle was in the army and used to be stationed in Frankfurt.  From what I recall he enjoyed his time there.  He lives in London now... can't imagine a worse place honestly.

I hear Kabul is a bit rough right now

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I mentioned it before, but my Wife did a study abroad in Essen years and years ago. I think it's right near you, so have you been? And is it nice? 

Yea, I've been to Essen. It's okay. Not exactly a city you'd actively want to visit because it's a must see though. :D But then again it's been some time since I've been there, and the whole Ruhr Region changed quite a bit in the last few years. 

15 hours ago, Eco said:

I was lucky enough to stay with liverbird and hubby in her flat in Essen and eat in a local Italian not too far from the main Rail Station (great food!).  One thing was noticeable - the place was neat and tidy and seemed to be well taken care of - no traffic problems and lots of open space - even near the centre.  Not a tourist centre, but nice for a City visit if you ever get the chance.  If Thea ever turns up again I would want to go back and spend time there again.

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

What are those? Mount Rushmore? Yellowstone? 

Off the top of my head? 

Vegas is the big one that I've never been to. 

I have been the NYC and LA, but didn't spend much time there so non-Americans are usually a bit surprised by that. 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Eco said:

Off the top of my head? 

Vegas is the big one that I've never been to. 

I have been the NYC and LA, but didn't spend much time there so non-Americans are usually a bit surprised by that. 

Pfft, call yourself American. 

54 minutes ago, Eco said:

Been there, and absolutely hated it. Some people love it, but it was easily one of the most unlikable cities I've visited. 

I actually found Chicago to be a great place to visit.  It's got a big city feel but without the arrogance of the east/west coast.  The wife and I have spent a few weekends up there over the years.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Been there, and absolutely hated it. Some people love it, but it was easily one of the most unlikable cities I've visited. 

That was a joke anyway... 😂

When I think American places of interest I'd like to visit, first ones that come to mind are: 

Grand Canyon 

Yellowstone NP

Rocky Mountains

The Great Lakes

Yosemite NP 

NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston

Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral 

Redwood NP 

Nashville 

Memphis 

Joshua Tree NP 

Great Smoky Mountains 

Mesa Verde 

Route 66

20 hours ago, Coma said:

I actually found Chicago to be a great place to visit.  It's got a big city feel but without the arrogance of the east/west coast.  The wife and I have spent a few weekends up there over the years.

Chicago is great, but I was talking about Boston, which is not so great. 😂

20 hours ago, nudge said:

That was a joke anyway... 😂

When I think American places of interest I'd like to visit, first ones that come to mind are: 

Lucas in Atlanta

Grand Canyon 

Yellowstone NP

Rocky Mountains

The Great Lakes

Yosemite NP 

NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston

Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral 

Redwood NP 

Nashville 

Memphis 

Joshua Tree NP 

Great Smoky Mountains 

Mesa Verde 

Route 66

Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, Alabama is also a nice visit. But that is a solid list....

Was a bit shocked with your #1 TBH. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived