talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's PL Prediction League 2020/21 - Week 38 Table

• Administrator

Another season of football completed. A weird season, at that. Halfway through the season fans were allowed. Then they weren't. Then they were for the final 2 games. Let's hope next season fans are allowed in their droves back into stadiums across the country!

As for the Prediction League, it was pretty clear there'd be only one winner for quite a while. Having actually led the league from Week 19, many congratulations must go to @Rajabhat Rovers for holding out for such a long time and he had scored a mighty 24 in that week, there weren't many contenders or challengers!

AgedCrispHamadryad-size_restricted.gif

Interestingly, there were 6 leaders before @Rajabhat Rovers took charge - myself, @Pyfish, @SchalkeUK, @Dan, @Foxc1 all led in the first half of the season. @SchalkeUK actually led from Week 4-12. 

PL - 38.PNG

The final table ended as above. The lead at the top ended at a whopping 32 points. I top-scored with 21, and along with @The Liquidator went up to 2nd and 3rd respectively over @Redcanuck. @LFCMike next best on 19 points, overtaking @JONO in the process. 

As is done in all previous seasons, some stats and figures for this season...

Highest Individual Scores In A Week

Most 'Perfect Scores' In A Single Gameweek

And of course, we couldn't finish without updating the prestigious Previous Winners/Hall of Fame list:

With that all said, it's been a pleasure and a joy running this once again! Thank you to all who took part, and thank you to those who did stick it out til the end. I say it every season but the fixtures and table threads only become worth it with your predictions that follow each week - so thank you for that and for also keeping it competitive!

Enjoy the summer, enjoy the Euros, stay safe and see you next season :) 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, My thanks to you Stan for running this league throughout this EPL season. You ran it very professionally & updated each week far more quickly than other leagues I have taken part in. My Grandson & I have spent many a nice evening talking over our selections & as I said before this was been a wonderful subject for us to facetime during the lockdowns. Congratulations to Rajabhat rovers who ran out a very worthy winner & too all fellow participants who managed to get to the end of the season.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes, My thanks to you Stan for running this league throughout this EPL season. You ran it very professionally & updated each week far more quickly than other leagues I have taken part in. My Grandson & I have spent many a nice evening talking over our selections & as I said before this was been a wonderful subject for us to facetime during the lockdowns. Congratulations to Rajabhat rovers who ran out a very worthy winner & too all fellow participants who managed to get to the end of the season.

That's nice to read! I did see the comment in the other thread too and I'm glad this competition has been a good outlet for you and your grandson :D. Especially in these times!

Thanks for taking part :) 

Hi,  Thank you again Stan for running this competition.  Your patience and diligence in calculating all the points each week is unsurpassed.

Very Enjoyable, especially in these difficult times, when many of us, need to find activities each week, to keep us challenged and motivated.

Looking forward to the Euros, but unsure where that will be televised in Thailand!  Hopefully the EPL will return to some normality next year. 

Well done Rajabhat. Thanks Stan , a good season  despite all of the restrictions. It was good to have something that could  be relied on each week. Will be following the Euros here in NZ  and studying players form in preparation for next season.

Stan  12,269

Hi mate

As winner of the Premier League Prediction League 2020/21 you have won £25 :).

Let us know how you would like to receive it - PayPal is easier for us but if you would like another method, do say!

Thanks,

Stan

Rajabhat Rovers  4

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the offer of the prize money.  Please could you donate to:-  http://www.thejeffastlefoundation.co.uk/donate     You probably know that the Jeff Astle  Foundation was set up to support and continue research into dementia and other health issues, associated with frequent heading of a football. (They arrange donations via PayPal).  Thanks, Looking forward to the Euros, must register for the prediction competition.  Keith (Rajabhat Rovers)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived