The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2020/21 FINAL - Man City 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 29th May, 2021

• Administrator

210px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.p

Kick-off 20.00

Venue - Estadio do Dragao, Porto

1_Porto.jpg

Referee - Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain)
VAR - Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez (Spain)

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Route to the Final

MANCHESTER CITY
Group Stage - 1st
Round of 16 (1st Leg) - Borussia Monchengladbach 0-2 Man City
Round 16 (2nd Leg) - Man City 2-0 Borussia Monchengladbach
Quarter-Final (1st Leg) - Man City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund
Quarter-Final (2nd Leg) - Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Man City
Semi-Final 1st Leg - PSG 1-2 Man City
Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Man City 2-0 PSG

Top Scorer - Riyad Mahrez / Ferran Torres (4)

CHELSEA
Group Stage - 1st
Round of 16 (1st Leg) - Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea
Round 16 (2nd Leg) - Chelsea 2-0 Atletico Madrid
Quarter-Final (1st Leg) - Porto 0-2 Chelsea
Quarter-Final (2nd Leg) - Chelsea 1-0 Porto
Semi-Final 1st Leg - Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea
Semi-Final 2nd Leg - Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid

Top Scorer - Olivier Giroud (6)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All boils down to this. No injuries on our end and looking like both Mendy and Kante will start. Winning it in 2012 has definitely put loads of pressure off of us but I fancy our chances again if the game is tight. Will be interesting to see if Pep will continue with his philosophy or if he will have learned from Arsenal, Villa, and Leicester. 

I'd personally go with this team. 

Mendy

Azpilicueta---Silva---Rudiger

James----Jorginho--Kante--Chilwell

Mount

Havertz---Werner

Don't want to sound like an edgel0rd, but I think Chelsea are going to do this. They've had their blips but are exceptional under Tuchel and they beat City in the FA Cup so know how to get the job done. 

I just think if it's tight Chelsea can edge it, as City nerves kick in being so close to a trophy that they've been hunting for.

Chelsea's philosophy is too boring for me. Effective yes, exciting to watch, no. I don't want to see that kind of Football prevail in what is the biggest club competition going.

Hope City finish the job for that reason, but also, so everyone can stop banging on about Pep not winning the Champions League.

He's a class act and it's literally the only stick people can still use to beat him with.  

• Subscriber

@Happy Blue will be licking his lips with this one if his City win then he will let us all know (especially United guys) "WE WON THE TREBLE JUST LIKE UNITED DID UNDER FERGIE!!!!"

but...

United won the FA Cup in that treble, not the bloody Micky Mouse Cup. xD

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

@Happy Blue will be licking his lips with this one if his City win then he will let us all know (especially United guys) "WE WON THE TREBLE JUST LIKE UNITED DID UNDER FERGIE!!!!"

but...

United won the FA Cup in that treble, not the bloody Micky Mouse Cup. xD

We have already won the BIG one buddy B|  ..the fact Chelsea are in the final again proves what a mickey mouse comp the CL is, if they some how get lucky and win they are only just about the 4th best team in England nevermind the world! :4_joy::coffee:

Pep really punches below his weight in this competition relative to the quality of sides at his disposal. Chelsea are good enough to capitalise on that.

I'm not really very interested in the game but I think that's the story of the whole season for me compared to usual. I haven't been as into it as usual

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Pep really punches below his weight in this competition relative to the quality of sides at his disposal. Chelsea are good enough to capitalise on that.

I'm not really very interested in the game but I think that's the story of the whole season for me compared to usual. I haven't been as into it as usual

Same here, really struggled to follow anything really. Watched Everton's games but that's it, first time in ages that I've seen zero Barcelona, zero Porto (or Portuguese League). It just doesn't feel the same.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Harry said:

42 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Same here, really struggled to follow anything really. Watched Everton's games but that's it, first time in ages that I've seen zero Barcelona, zero Porto (or Portuguese League). It just doesn't feel the same.

Same here and I will more than likely watch a film with the wife but I think our son will watch it with Alexander (grandson) in his room, he is a footballer nutter but me nowadays just cannot get into the swing of things and believe it or not I get more info in here from you lot than the tabloid press or people like Neville, Lineker etc. :coffee: 

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Same here and I will more than likely watch a film with the wife but I think our son will watch it with Alexander (grandson) in his room, he is a footballer nutter but me nowadays just cannot get into the swing of things and believe it or not I get more info in here from you lot than the tabloid press or people like Neville, Lineker etc. :coffee: 

Just don't listen to @Stan he knows nothing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived