talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2020/21 FINAL - Man City 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 29th May, 2021

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent match but whomever is commentating on CBS (sky feed? who does jamie carragher work for he was doing the punditry during the half time) has had some doozies. 'Zouma is a defender but Christensen is a footballer' are you fucking serious? Someone is getting paid for this

The ball back to front from Chelsea, whether long or along the ground is causing City serious problems. By getting the ball to the front 3 quickly, they are bypassing the whole City midfield. This is leaving the Chelsea front line isolated vs the City defenders. By bypassing the midfield so quickly, the City midfield aren't able to quickly press to get the ball back.

Really good game, much better then I thought it'd be.

Just now, MUFC said:

The ball back to front from Chelsea, whether long or along the ground is causing City serious problems. By getting the ball to the front 3 quickly, they are bypassing the whole City midfield. This is leaving the Chelsea front line isolated vs the City defenders. By bypassing the midfield so quickly, the City midfield aren't able to quickly press to get the ball back.

Really good game, much better then I thought it'd be.

It's almost as if playing three offensive midfielders is making them easy to counter attack against. Hmmm, maybe Guardiola overthought this one xD

Yeah it's a cracker

• Administrator

Decent game overall. Nowhere near as cagey as I thought it'd be. Chelsea doing well to keep De Bruyne quiet but Pep shooting himself in the foot starting Sterling. Reece James having a very good game defending against him. 

Wonder if Aguero or Jesus should come on to give them a proper striker option and drop De Bruyne deeper to influence the game more. Shift Foden out to the left a little. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Decent game overall. Nowhere near as cagey as I thought it'd be. Chelsea doing well to keep De Bruyne quiet but Pep shooting himself in the foot starting Sterling. Reece James having a very good game defending against him. 

Wonder if Aguero or Jesus should come on to give them a proper striker option and drop De Bruyne deeper to influence the game more. Shift Foden out to the left a little. 

I was scratching my head when I saw the City lineup. Sterling? Really? He is a good player no doubt but he is only good when he is allowed to walk the ball into the net. He isn't the type to curl in a peach of a goal. He never made me confident

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I was scratching my head when I saw the City lineup. Sterling? Really? He is a good player no doubt but he is only good when he is allowed to walk the ball into the net. He isn't the type to curl in a peach of a goal. He never made me confident

Yes needs a specific type of game to flourish. This isn't it and don't think it ever looked like it either. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived