talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2020/21 FINAL - Man City 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 29th May, 2021

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

This final just highlights the trouble European football finds itself in, oil club final, fans celebrate as if they deserve to be here and the European Super League is in full flow still.

Well your choice is oil or another soul crushing company controlling an industry xD At least oil is good for something...right?

Unless Bayern Munich wins every year.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a well deserved win by Chelsea, they were definitely the better side. Kante was incredible as usual and it was great to see Havertz score the winning goal. Tuchel will especially be delighted with the win, having lost the Champions League final last season with PSG.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well your choice is oil or another soul crushing company controlling an industry xD At least oil is good for something...right?

Unless Bayern Munich wins every year.

Again just highlights the problem European football has, you don’t need intelligence and creativity you just need money 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Again just highlights the problem European football has, you don’t need intelligence and creativity you just need money 

well...to a degree I suppose but the players and the coaches still need intelligence and creativity. you're really selling short all the talent at clubs like city and chelsea, yeah I know it is only possible to gather such teams with deep pockets but that still doesn't change their achievements. could you tell a player like kante or aguero they are only winning trophies because of their club's money?

surely you could say that money has always been the bottom line, paying players, paying coaches, transfers, every since the monetisation of the sport from amateur to pro

Why after watching the champions league did the losers yet again take off their medals that's both Manchester clubs if they don't want the medals then don't play they think they better than everyone else and their god given right to win. just arrogant over paid individuals shocking

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

This final just highlights the trouble European football finds itself in, oil club final, fans celebrate as if they deserve to be here and the European Super League is in full flow still.

Chelsea were finishing 3-6 before Roman took over and they're still finishing 3-6. 

Call me weird by all means but I’ve actually quite enjoyed the defensive displays by Villarreal and Chelsea this week. Two tactics implemented very well by both sides. 

Do we get the new format of the Champions League, the one ushered in through the back door amidst the ESL nonsense, next season?

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Call me weird by all means but I’ve actually quite enjoyed the defensive displays by Villarreal and Chelsea this week. Two tactics implemented very well by both sides. 

Do we get the new format of the Champions League, the one ushered in through the back door amidst the ESL nonsense, next season?

nah mate it was quite interesting to watch the quick attacking. it is like a more refined style of hoof it to the big man up top xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived