talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2020/21 FINAL - Man City 0-1 Chelsea - Saturday 29th May, 2021

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Love Pep or hate Pep you still have to give him his due, maybe if he had stayed at Bayern a bit longer he might have had success in Europe, he just might win the Champions League yet at City, it took SAF (after joining United in 1986) up too 1999 to win the famous treble, a lot of people say he inherited a team at Barca when he took over, but when you read this, did he?

Pep Guardiola Didn't Inherit At Barcelona, He Revolutionised

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Eco said:

Congrats to Chelsea. I really didn't want Man City to win it, but hated seeing KDB go off like that. I was watching on mute so I'm not sure what the injury was, but the shot of his face looked like he got knocked hard. 

Media here making a big deal about it since Pulisic is the first American to win and dress for a CL Final/Win, so that's good to see. 

Do you guys normally play cup finals naked? 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Nice fishing trip:4_joy: .. but lets playB|  Chelsea had 2 shots, was one of them games where they defended very well ..at the same time we almost scored 3 goals so stats don't always tell the full story, Chelsea should of had a few too    ...the money he's had to spend was mostly to replace an aging team which was the oldest in the league, Yaya, Sagna, Kolarov, Wright, Kompany, Barry, Silva, Aguero, Clichy, Zabaleta, Richards, Otamendi, Navas etc etc, no wonder he's spent so much on defenders :4_joy:

And yet you've still not won the CL? 

Chelsea had 2 shots and scored one. 

Man City had 'almost 3 goals' and ended up with none. 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

And yet you've still not won the CL? 

Chelsea had 2 shots and scored one. 

Man City had 'almost 3 goals' and ended up with none. 

We just got get up for mickey mouse comps! :what:  ..we are about winning the number one league in the world which makes us the best team in the world ;)

Tuchel really does have Pep’s number doesn’t he, thought the game was entertaining and definitely not the dull affair of the last all English final. Aside from the obvious like Kante, the English contingent did excellent, Ben Chilwell, Mason Mount and I’d say Reece James is one of the most overlooked English players and was real force all game, has to be a nailed on starter for Southgate, has to be..

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Pep said Aguero was also one of the most talented players hes ever worked with. 

He's right, Aguero was one of the best players he's worked with, one being the key word  ..he rates Foden as the most talented already, this kid will be the better than Messi

• Subscriber

Pep got that so wrong last night, I thought it immediately as I saw the line ups. Sterling should've been nowhere near the side and how on earth are you watching those two games against Chelsea and the way they've hit you, and decided your way around it is to play nobody in midfield with any defensive instincts? He's an amazing coach but he's got this horrible tendency to really fuck a game up and it's almost an annual thing in the Champions League.

Chelsea the better side throughout. Never looked in any serious danger.

Beyond ecstatic.

Happy for the club.
Happy for the academy lads.
Happy for Thiago Silva.
Happy for Tuchel.
Happy for Kante and the embodiment of humility he represents. 

2012 was the bigger moment, but 2021 was far more satisfying. Beating Guardiola/City and the media hype that always surrounds them, is a bitter sweet victory.  Can't fault any performance last night but a special mention has to go to Rudiger. Tuchel has transformed him. That tackle on Foden was the game changer. 

Werner is such a bizarre man. xD If he’s not bottling chances, he is always involved one way or another. Distracting Dias away from Havertz for Mount to find him was so, so vital.

Havertz-Mount-Chelsea-Champions-League-s

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Well, what a night. 

Shame I couldn't join some of my family out there in Porto and I spent the whole weekend sober due to medication but over the moon.

That just means you will remember more of it.

• Administrator

So Rudiger broke De Bruyne's nose and eye socket last night. Twat. Knew exactly what he was doing. In the game against us he was doing some quite crafty low-blow shit and he's done the same against De Bruyne. Can't stand him. 

Hope De Bruyne can make a full recovery.

When do we start questioning Pep’s position? How many times does he have to act arrogant in the champions league before he is chased? 

Sorry, but with that squad, the league could be won with numerous other manager’s at the helm. The fact he continues to fuck Europe at the biggest moments is really questionable. 

9 hours ago, Rick said:

When do we start questioning Pep’s position? How many times does he have to act arrogant in the champions league before he is chased? 

Sorry, but with that squad, the league could be won with numerous other manager’s at the helm. The fact he continues to fuck Europe at the biggest moments is really questionable. 

In the next paragraph :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Stan said:

So Rudiger broke De Bruyne's nose and eye socket last night. Twat. Knew exactly what he was doing. In the game against us he was doing some quite crafty low-blow shit and he's done the same against De Bruyne. Can't stand him. 

I find it amusing that Man City had a song that mentioned how 'Ramos injured Salah' and Liverpool fans being 'battered in the streets' that both their fans and players have sung and then that happens.

Hope De Bruyne is ok though

Congrats to Chelsea. You cannot deny them this moment.

It just shows you the difference between Lampard, a manager in the infancy of his career and someone well established in Tuchel.

I'm not sure I'd quite give them the heavy underdog tag they seem to had though. Granted City were favourites but Chelsea had beat them twice in the two most recent games and got to the FA Cup final, they are no mugs.

It's just a complete contrast of styles and we always assume the attacking style will be superior to the defensive one but that's hardly the case.

And when you spend well over £200m last summer to improve your squad, you should rightly be competing for these sort of prizes. We have to remember that point because City are often beat with that stick when they don't win it.

It will be interesting to see when the dust settles what Chelsea do in the summer because let's have it right, they need to be considered as Premier League challengers now, and not just scraping 4th with a game or two of the season to go. They should be considered good enough to win the league by the time the first ball kicks off next season.

As for City, you know they'll be back.

Yes, it's probably seen as a failure on their part they didn't win it, Pep tweaked too much, players didn't perform when needed etc, but it's the first final they have made in the competition, so it's still an achievement to get there. You don't just waltz to the final, it's not that easy despite what some may say.

Remember, they were essentially 3 games from a quadruple. That's hardly a failure of a season. It was so close to actually being the greatest ever for an English side. Fine margins. Sooner or later the monkey will be off their backs.

I don't think its controversial at all to suggest the jury is still out for Tuchel. We've had several managers in this position before. A better testament for him is to see how we operate next season with a full preseason and transfer window under him. Obviously hoping we can continue on, but wouldn't be surprised at all of it all went tits up. 

That said, love the man already. 

di-matteo-tuchel-630x394.jpg

21 hours ago, Stan said:

Didn't really look that bad at first glance and I was surprised he had to be subbed off. Video below goes into detail his injury. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived