talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gini Wijnaldum Joins PSG

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Played a really integral part last season when Liverpool won the title. Played in 37 out of 38 games and has put in some really good performances. Wish him well if he does go to Barca.

I'll always love Gini for all he did for the club. He was a massive part of the side his entire time here - and that includes two brilliant CL cup runs leading to a final, and winning one of them, and the league title that I'd waited my whole life for.

This move has been on the cards probably since about early December, the rumours about him wanting to go to Barca were there all season though - so I'm not surprised about this at all. Sort of seems like a bit of a formality. 

Best of luck to him.

9 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

There’s something gone on behind the scenes, its mad that he was only on 70k a week and the club wouldn’t budge on it, thats the rumour anyway.

I thought it was down to contract length? 

PSG are rumoured to have offered around double the salary Barcelona did.

It seemed to me that Wijnaldum plays a more attacking role with the Dutch national team than he did with Liverpool and I wonder if PSG have indicated they will play him in a similar role and if that influenced his decision?

• The title was changed to Gini Wijnaldum - Heading to PSG?
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil said:

Oil money, insane this isn't it. 

They've more than doubled what Barca were willing to offer. So his boyhood dream has now come second fiddle to greed. 

Why do we call it greed? Who in their right mind would turn down double the money for the same job, especially at very comparable clubs in terms of potential for major honours etc 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Why do we call it greed? Who in their right mind would turn down double the money for the same job, especially at very comparable clubs in terms of potential for major honours etc 

Maybe the wrong word to be fair, fact still stands he's chosen money over his boyhood dream. 

The only reason these oil clubs are actually getting players. 

Did you see the Aguero interview this week? 

Very first interview he said something along the lines of finally I've made it to a big club or huge club. How insulting to City was that! 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Devil said:

Maybe the wrong word to be fair, fact still stands he's chosen money over his boyhood dream. 

Very first interview he said something along the lines of finally I've made it to a big club or huge club. How insulting to City was that! 

Standard stuff really plus I do think there was definitely some ill feeling towards Guardiola. 

13 minutes ago, Batard said:

Standard stuff really plus I do think there was definitely some ill feeling towards Guardiola. 

I don't know myself, he's just spent ten years at a club who feel inferior in size to other clubs. Reality is he knows he was there because of the money put in to develope the club, not for the actual glamour of it. 

If you stripped it all back and it was being run as City of old he'd have bullied his way out to a top club within two years. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Batard said:

Just now, Devil said:

I don't know myself, he's just spent ten years at a club who feel inferior in size to other clubs. Reality is he knows he was there because of the money put in to develope the club, not for the actual glamour of it. 

If you stripped it all back and it was being run as City of old he'd have bullied his way out to a top club within two years. 

It was Guardiola who said 'You're going to the best club in the world' to Aguero. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

It was Guardiola who said 'You're going to the best club in the world' to Aguero. 

Yep he did but in his first press conference Aguero said something himself that has upset City fans. 

13 hours ago, Devil said:

Would Rooney have joined United if not for the £££? Or Ferdinand leaving Leeds for their rivals? Would Sanchez have joined United if City had given into his financial demands like you did?

If he was making the decision purely on money then he wouldn't be playing in Europe.

Fact is it's a mixture of both, he gets a big payday and gets to play with Mbappe, Neymar and compete for the Champions League.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Would Rooney have joined United if not for the £££? Or Ferdinand leaving Leeds for their rivals? Would Sanchez have joined United if City had given into his financial demands like you did?

If he was making the decision purely on money then he wouldn't be playing in Europe.

Fact is it's a mixture of both, he gets a big payday and gets to play with Mbappe, Neymar and compete for the Champions League.

Bad example, most of those players left for United because we were pinical of English football at that time. 

16 minutes ago, Devil said:

Bad example, most of those players left for United because we were pinical of English football at that time. 

Barce are nowhere near a Champions League title and PSG have just made a final and semi-final the last 2 years, plus if he’s motivated by it PSG are likely to dominate their domestic title. Literally a perfect example

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Barce are nowhere near a Champions League title and PSG have just made a final and semi-final the last 2 years, plus if he’s motivated by it PSG are likely to dominate their domestic title. Literally a perfect example

Barca and Paris are incomparable as clubs. 

The money must be insane they are offering. 

12 minutes ago, Devil said:

Barca and Paris are incomparable as clubs. 

The money must be insane they are offering. 

Yes one club is in the hunt for a Champions League title and the other has been nowhere near it for years

Archived