talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martinez by his own admission has the philosophy that he would rather win a game 5-4 than 1-0. He made us insanely good going forward, but his neglect at the back is what caused problems (and led to his sacking). 

Being 2-1 to West Ham with 10 minutes to go and losing 3-2 because he wanted to score more sums him up, and was the game that made me realise he wasn't going to take us anywhere.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Being 2-1 to West Ham with 10 minutes to go and losing 3-2 because he wanted to score more sums him up, and was the game that made me realise he wasn't going to take us anywhere.

With ten men xD. Felt like the whole last two years he was in charge at Everton were us just watching that exact game over and over again.

Maybe he's improved since he left, it has been about 5 years and as far as I've seen he's done better with Belgium than I expected, so I'm not going to make myself look silly by guaranteeing that he'd be a failure at Spurs, because I think it *could* work, but I will say that it *could* also be disastrous for them. A risky appointment if they go with it but then I don't really know who else is available.

I'm not sure this would be a good move for Spurs at all, tbh.

I always thought Roberto Martinez was a pretty funny manager at Everton. He was ambitious, yes, but he also naive as fuck. Seemed like every time Everton took a step forward, he'd make sure to make sure they also took a step backwards. I thought he essentially undid a lot of the good work that Moyes had done in making Everton a solid and difficult to beat side all in the name of playing attacking football.

That he's done pretty decently as the Belgium manager doesn't really surprise me all that much, tbh. Belgium's absolutely loaded with quality players, I think most managers would do pretty decently with them tbh.

11 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Conte now the bookmakers favourite to take over at Tottenham.

Levy really doing everything to undo the work Poch done

Least Conte has recent silverware though

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reckon it's all bollocks.

Just lazy journalism. Hot topic right now and after PSG not winning the league. 

Nope, club journos saying this is true... there’s a chance here.

BRING.HIM.HOME

15 minutes ago, shut up said:

The man who can't win the french league with PSG is definitely the right person to get spurs back into the UCL

What was the state of play when he took over in January? I remember that PSG weren't top but if they were miles behind it can hardly be used against him. Also Tuchel was sacked for having PSG in that position and he's not done badly at Chelsea so far has he

16 minutes ago, shut up said:

I think he's had a new manager bounce at Chelsea (a bit like Di Matteo), but has been found out lately. Chelsea league form has been poor last 3 games. Also, lost an FA Cup final to Leicester...don't think he's done a great job, not terrible either

They've definitely had some poor results recently and even if they win the CL we all know how Chelsea operate and the time to judge him will be next season

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

What was the state of play when he took over in January? I remember that PSG weren't top but if they were miles behind it can hardly be used against him. Also Tuchel was sacked for having PSG in that position and he's not done badly at Chelsea so far has he

You’re talking to a nonsensical Arsenal supporter, anyone with a brain knows that you don’t judge a manager on half a seasons work. Especially when that involved a Champions League semi final and still being in the title race on the final day.

I’d be very surprised if he goes back. Isn’t Kane one of the few players who wanted him out? Hardly gonna agree to stay if they bring Poch back in, and if you’re Poch, that said without Kane is a problem. 

Pochettino is massively overrated and not winning the league with PSG is always going to be seen as a big failure but I think PSG will at least give him another season. If not, then I still don't know why he would rejoin Tottenham. Squad isn't going to be as good as when he was there before, and they won't spend big, and they're not in the Champions' League. If he was leaving PSG, then Juventus, Real Madrid, and possibly Man Utd would be possible destinations for him.

• The title was changed to Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

Archived