talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rick said:

I’d be very surprised if he goes back. Isn’t Kane one of the few players who wanted him out? Hardly gonna agree to stay if they bring Poch back in, and if you’re Poch, that said without Kane is a problem. 

I thought Kane and Poch got on really well for some reason. 

Kane should leave whichever manager they get in. He surely doesn't want to go through his whole career without winning anything for his club? 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 31/05/2021 at 19:38, shut up said:

Thinking anyone would leave PSG for spurs is next level delusional thinking xD

For whatever reason Poch is desperate to come back. PSG really don’t want to let him go though so it’s a tough one, but he wants it 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

For whatever reason Poch is desperate to come back. PSG really don’t want to let him go though so it’s a tough one, but he wants it 

Unfinished business, powerful thing.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Unfinished business, powerful thing.

Yeah seems like that, still feels a bit early tbh, it’s largely the same squad. That being said if we can pull it off I’ll be absolutely delighted 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, shut up said:

No he doesn't xD 

Jason Burt knows very little, PSG just trying to save face. Some very good French sources say it, our best and most knowledgeable club journo says it. If there wasn’t legs to this story it would have been killed well before now, and no way we’d continue to pursue. Sounds like it’s going to be very tough to get him out, especially with the compensation, but that’s not for lack of desire to make it happen from Poch and Spurs 

• Administrator

First, PSG and Pochettino are happy to part on amicable terms (i.e so they don't have to pay him off).

Second, PSG want Antonio Conte. 

Third, Zidane wouldn't dirty his hands at PSG, Marseille blood in those veins. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

First, PSG and Pochettino are happy to part on amicable terms (i.e so they don't have to pay him off).

Second, PSG want Antonio Conte. 

Third, Zidane wouldn't dirty his hands at PSG, Marseille blood in those veins. 

Sure he isn’t a Cannes man? 

Some Spurs fans really hated on Pochettino and spent the first 12 months of Mourinho's reign really bigging him up. Be interesting to see what that lot do now. Suspect they are sitting at home desperately hoping for Scott Parker.

2 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Some Spurs fans really hated on Pochettino and spent the first 12 months of Mourinho's reign really bigging him up. Be interesting to see what that lot do now. Suspect they are sitting at home desperately hoping for Scott Parker.

Media were terrible for the first half of this season under Mourinho, no knowledge just nonsense about him bringing a winning mentality to the club after a few wins even though he failed to come close to what Poch achieved there

• The title was changed to Tottenham Next Manager - Conte Latest to be Linked

Conte and Levy. What could go wrong?

Personally I don't believe it. Conte threw his toys out the pram with us when the board didn't back his signings and now has left Inter because they didn't have the financial means to strengthen....yet he wants to go to Spurs?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Conte and Levy. What could go wrong?

Personally I don't believe it. Conte threw his toys out the pram with us when the board didn't back his signings and now has left Inter because they didn't have the financial means to strengthen....yet he wants to go to Spurs?

Is Levy the kind of person to over-promise and under-deliver? 

I feel like Conte could get that team to be somewhat efficient - he's done that with Inter given where they were before he took over. And got them a title (not saying he'll do that with Spurs, but he may get them competing again for top 4). 

Who did Conte not get backed to sign when at Chelsea?

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Who did Conte not get backed to sign when at Chelsea?

Wanted Virgil van Dijk, got Rudiger

Wanted Kyle Walker, got Zappacosta

Wanted Alex Sandro, got Emerson

Wanted Nainggolan, got Bakayoko

Wanted Tolisso, got Drinkwater

Wanted Lukaku, got Morata. 

For the record, it was confirmed Conte's plan 'B's, were his choices too. 3 years later, we are still struggling to get rid of most of them. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

Archived