• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This now looks dead in the water as Conte is asking for more wages than Spurs can provide. 

I don’t think wages will be why it breaks down. We’ve strangely been fine backing our manager with big wages, Poch and Mourinho were both on big money. Plenty of other reasons why it would fall apart before that.

- Long term contract.
- Project, salary, new signings.
- Former Juventus Paratici as new director of football.
- Official bid made to Paratici but he’ll decide soon.
- Conte has never been close to join Real.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Unless Levy is prepared to open his wallet, I can’t see Conte wanting to take over a Spurs team who are likely going to lose Kane in the next couple of months. 

Don’t think Kane gets sold if Conte joins. Conte loves him and I’m sure it would be a condition of him coming.

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Don’t think Kane gets sold if Conte joins. Conte loves him and I’m sure it would be a condition of him coming.

Depends what Kane thinks about staying. Nothing thus far has suggested Kane would down tools or force through a messy move, but if you’ve got somebody like Levy who a history of going back on his word, then maybe Kane flips out. 

Conte hates Chelsea and I think they are still in a legal battle?, I can see this having legs as he’ll be hungry to get on over on them and improve upon his PL legacy which ended a bit tarnished in that final season. 

8 minutes ago, DNA said:

Conte hates Chelsea and I think they are still in a legal battle?, I can see this having legs as he’ll be hungry to get on over on them and improve upon his PL legacy which ended a bit tarnished in that final season. 

No all that was taken care of. He was paid in full. 

His most recent interview was last November and he had a lot of positive words about the club and Roman. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wouldn't take the twitter account as gospel.

This is our main club journo, gets most things right. Trust him if he says so 

• Subscriber

I rate Conte, I think he'd get a decent tune out of Spurs in the short-term. The problem is when he wants money to bring in key players, or wants something else to take them to the next level and Levy has to put his hand in his pocket or just doesn't agree. Given the past behaviour of both of these men, you can only seeing it ending in tears if/when they actually do find a sticking point. Interesting appointment from a neutral perspective though if it happens, and I think they could do a lot worse.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, shut up said:

who would you rather have?

Poch honestly, but that’s an emotional thing plus the fact it’s more of a long term appointment.

Would be excited by Conte too though. He’s a top 5 manager in the world and to get him to Tottenham would be a massive coup even though all logic suggests it would probably end badly 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I think he's overrated but that's not to say he wouldn't be successful at Spurs.

He’s won 5 league titles in 7 years with three clubs. I think his record speaks for itself 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's usually been at the best side in the league though. Spurs aren't even top 6 in terms of squad.

That’s actually not true. Chelsea finished 10th the season before he won the league. Juve and Inter were not close to winning the title before he took over. You can very much credit those successes to him.

There’s weaknesses in our squad but it’s also still very good. Getting sucked into the Mourinho trap where he makes players and teams seem a lot worse than they actually are. There’s plenty for him to work with there if he does get appointed. And you’d assume he will be backed enough for him to agree to join. 

We shall see, if it happens it’s a very interesting appointment and absolutely one we would be foolish not to make. 

17 minutes ago, Storts said:

He’s won 5 league titles in 7 years with three clubs. I think his record speaks for itself 

I could write a book on him mate.

I'm not saying he isn't a good manager, he is and one of the best around at the moment.

However, I really grew to dislike him in his second season with us, nearly sabotaged our season because he wasn't happy with the board and it seems to be a common theme wherever he goes. After being a media darling in his first season with us, I personally thought he was borderline unprofessional the following season so much so with hindsight I wouldn't have been against sacking him. There were a lot of negative vibes that season which were mainly created by Conte himself and the way he acted. He went from being happy, fun, and passionate to a miserable old man, almost similar to Mourinho levels. It was reflected in the football as well, the football became very tedious, conservative, and predictable.

Conte has a Premier League trophy and FA Cup to his name for his time at Chelsea but sometimes there's more to something than meets the eye. Although he wasn't the sole cause, we're still trying to clear up some of the mess he left behind. 

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I could write a book on him mate.

I'm not saying he isn't a good manager, he is and one of the best around at the moment.

However, I really grew to dislike him in his second season with us, nearly sabotaged our season because he wasn't happy with the board and it seems to be a common theme wherever he goes. After being a media darling in his first season with us, I personally thought he was borderline unprofessional the following season so much so with hindsight I wouldn't have been against sacking him. There were a lot of negative vibes that season which were mainly created by Conte himself and the way he acted. He went from being happy, fun, and passionate to a miserable old man, almost similar to Mourinho levels. It was reflected in the football as well, the football became very tedious, conservative, and predictable.

Conte has a Premier League trophy and FA Cup to his name for his time at Chelsea but sometimes there's more to something than meets the eye. Although he wasn't the sole cause, we're still trying to clear up some of the mess he left behind. 

I think in terms of what Levy wants Conte will work out fine, long term not so much 

• Subscriber

Yeah it’s very much not a long term appointment but when you can’t get the man you want right now (Poch) and one of the best managers in the world currently just falls into your lap, I think it makes a lot of sense 

Still adamant to this day that on a coaching aspect, Conte is the best we've ever had. Echoing @carefreeluke thoughts that he can turn into a little bitch when not properly backed. Particularly when he sees his direct rivals strengthening. 

I can't fathom seeing what Levy could promise Conte that Roman couldn't. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still adamant to this day that on a coaching aspect, Conte is the best we've ever had. Echoing @carefreeluke thoughts that he can turn into a little bitch when not properly backed. Particularly when he sees his direct rivals strengthening. 

I can't fathom seeing what Levy could promise Conte that Roman couldn't. 

I mean the latter is definitely a key point. And I do have concerns about what Luke and you say. It’s going to end badly at some point

But also he’s a brilliant coach and manager and unlike Mourinho very relevant now. Worth a final role of the dice with this squad and Kane and Son in their prime 

I could see some Spurs players getting a new lease of life in his 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

Spurs seems to have an issue with CBs who are vulnerable in a 4 and full backs who aren’t reliable enough defensively. 

If he played 

Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies - Reguilon

that already looks much more balanced than what they tend to play now. 

• Administrator

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Alderweireld or Lloris can't be relied on any more - it's players like Dier, Sanchez, Aurier who need replacing much more. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham Next Manager Search Over - Nuno Santo Hired

Archived