talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte Leaves Inter Milan; Simone Inzaghi Hired

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Inter allegedly looking to make €80m in player sales so hardly surprising given the calibre of challenges that will be available to a man if his reputation.

It's hardly surprising because he threatened to quit several times last season. This was always going to happen.

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Leaves Inter Milan

Said it when the madness started there (with the owners shutting down their Chinese club). Inter could well be the first ''massive'' club to drop into the second division and be ruined, a bit like Portsmouth in England. The owners by their own admission do not want to be in sport anymore, so will be selling off all their assets this summer and working with a wafer thin, academy style squad next season.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them 10th or lower next term.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Said it when the madness started there (with the owners shutting down their Chinese club). Inter could well be the first ''massive'' club to drop into the second division and be ruined, a bit like Portsmouth in England. The owners by their own admission do not want to be in sport anymore, so will be selling off all their assets this summer and working with a wafer thin, academy style squad next season.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them 10th or lower next term.

I imagine if the owners wanted to sell, they could find a few buyers pretty easily. It's Inter, not Portsmouth after all - one's got global recognition and the other is Portsmouth.

And I think they'll want the club to still be in Serie A to protect the value of the club for any sale. But they're probably in danger of being the Newcastle of Italy with owners like that.

Either way, it's got to be shit for Inter fans. 10 years of mediocrity ended... and in an instant they've lost the manager that made them really good and are looking to be selling off many of their quality players.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I imagine if the owners wanted to sell, they could find a few buyers pretty easily. It's Inter, not Portsmouth after all - one's got global recognition and the other is Portsmouth.

And I think they'll want the club to still be in Serie A to protect the value of the club for any sale. But they're probably in danger of being the Newcastle of Italy with owners like that.

Either way, it's got to be shit for Inter fans. 10 years of mediocrity ended... and in an instant they've lost the manager that made them really good and are looking to be selling off many of their quality players.

Milan were in a much worse position a few years ago, with an owner who just didn't have any money. Roma have also faced just as bad financial problems in recent years and they've just found a new owner.

A North American investment firm has just bought about 30% of the club, whilst lending the owners cash as well. If nothing else, they'd step in to protect their investment. It would not be anything like Portsmouth or Leeds.

I also realise how desperately sad it is that the main reason for saving these clubs is money, but that's the world of football now.

• Subscriber

It's absolutely bonkers if Manchester United don't make a serious move for this bloke. He'd put them in genuine title contention again with a few signings.

• Subscriber
On 26/05/2021 at 23:13, Dr. Gonzo said:

And didn't even get to properly witness it. I do think it's a shame how many things happened in the covid era for the first time in ages where the fans were robbed of witnessing it. Liverpool obviously. Leeds, Sporting, Inter, Lille, Atletico Madrid, Rangers all winning titles behind closed doors. It's a shame.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

It's absolutely bonkers if Manchester United don't make a serious move for this bloke. He'd put them in genuine title contention again with a few signings.

I never thought of that, great shout.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

First thing I said yesterday morning mate, they won't do it though will they. 

We're sticking with Ole. 

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Leaves Inter Milan; Simone Inzaghi Hired

Archived