• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans - Confirmed to Leave Leicester in Summer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

@Dr. Gonzo do you want to translate?

Fabrizio Romano recently said he's about to sign a new contract with us...

Here's a translation - it might be a shit one - but it's a translation:

"Georginio Wijnaldum is negotiating with Barcelona. The 30-year-old midfielder leaves Liverpool on a free transfer, where he does not extend his contract. Ronald Koeman had wanted his fellow countryman at Barça before, but the precarious financial situation prevented that. Due to the departure of the Dutchman, Liverpool must look for a replacement. One of the names on the list is that of Red Devil Youri Tielemans. He closed the season in tears on Sunday, while he was nevertheless honored as Player of the Year. Tielemans cried because Leicester was unable to qualify for the Champions League due to the defeat against Tottenham on the last day of play. The sadness also conveyed the realization that that might be his last game for The Foxes.

The ambitious Tielemans is eager to play in Leicester, but is also eager to play at the highest level in Europe again. If the 24-year-old midfielder is allowed to be sold until 2023 despite his contract, Liverpool could become one of the options. Just like Manchester United and Spanish top clubs."

If this source is to be believed, sounds like he's happy to sign a new contract - but would also be happy with a move. Honestly, best of both worlds for Leicester here. If he signs but wants to move, Leicester are in the driving seat to keep him or get an outrageous fee for him. I imagine if he signs a new contract, that would probably end our interest in him. Would probably be far too expensive.

As far as Wijnaldum replacements go - he'd be pretty fucking ideal.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

One of the names on the list is that of Red Devil Youri Tielemans. He closed the season in tears on Sunday, while he was nevertheless honored as Player of the Year. Tielemans cried because Leicester was unable to qualify for the Champions League due to the defeat against Tottenham on the last day of play. The sadness also conveyed the realization that that might be his last game for The Foxes.

That's some proper speculation. No-one has any idea the reason for his tears. He hasn't come out and said anything suggesting why.

Regardless of the contract, we can drive an outrageous fee anyway. Just a more outrageous one if he were to sign.

With how club usually do business, Vichai used to do 'gentlemen's agreements'. It was certainly the case with Mahrez. Stay another season, help us get to where want to (CL?), and if a club comes in with the right offer next summer, we will let you go. Think we did similar with Maguire. 

I genuinely think you'd have to break your transfer record again to get him, whether it's this summer or next. Definitely looking at £70-80m+ (how much was Van Dijk?). He's genuinely that good. I'd love for him to get a move abroad. Can't be playing against a talent like him in this league. It'd be too heartbreaking.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Bissouma is probably the one Liverpool will go for

Decent player. Reached the stage where he's now too good for Brighton and deserves to be playing in Europe. Reckon he'd be good for you.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That's some proper speculation. No-one has any idea the reason for his tears. He hasn't come out and said anything suggesting why.

Regardless of the contract, we can drive an outrageous fee anyway. Just a more outrageous one if he were to sign.

With how club usually do business, Vichai used to do 'gentlemen's agreements'. It was certainly the case with Mahrez. Stay another season, help us get to where want to (CL?), and if a club comes in with the right offer next summer, we will let you go. Think we did similar with Maguire. 

I genuinely think you'd have to break your transfer record again to get him, whether it's this summer or next. Definitely looking at £70-80m+ (how much was Van Dijk?). He's genuinely that good. I'd love for him to get a move abroad. Can't be playing against a talent like him in this league. It'd be too heartbreaking.

Could be 100% bullshit tbh. I have no idea how reliable the source is either - I don’t even know what the source is, I just saw that screenshot & posted it xD

I’m sure we’re interested in him because he’s a good midfielder - one of the best in the league. But we’d only be interested if the price is right… but I can’t see us paying that much for Gini’s replacement.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Could be 100% bullshit tbh. I have no idea how reliable the source is either - I don’t even know what the source is, I just saw that screenshot & posted it xD

I’m sure we’re interested in him because he’s a good midfielder - one of the best in the league. But we’d only be interested if the price is right… but I can’t see us paying that much for Gini’s replacement.

It's probably also a bit of lazy journalism because our deal with Soumare has just been 99% agreed, too...

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's probably also a bit of lazy journalism because our deal with Soumare has just been 99% agreed, too...

Apparently it's from a decent source in terms of Belgium sports news - but even decent sources have proven to have peddled a bunch of bollocks all over Europe. And tbh, I'm not sure I trust most journalists with regards to how we operate on the transfer market nowadays - we've got some journalists with good club connections and they're usually very accurate. But only when the club's given them the OK to go forward with whatever story they've been hanging onto.

Klopp and Edwards seem to be buddy-buddy with a lot of LFC journalists... but they've also managed to keep a lot more of the inner workings of the club a bit more hidden than things used to be with us for most of my life. I remember in the Rick Parry days, there was a lad on a LFC forum @LFCMike and I were on... and it was ridiculous the amount of accurate information he'd pass onto us. Also getting the teamsheets the night before a match - which tbh was probably really annoying for Houllier and Rafa.

So tbh, any time I see LFC transfer related news come from someone other than the "usual" sources or that dickhead with his "here we go" tweets... I typically think it's bullshit.

But I want to believe we'd sign Tielemans to replace Gini xD - would be ideal, tbh.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently it's from a decent source in terms of Belgium sports news - but even decent sources have proven to have peddled a bunch of bollocks all over Europe. And tbh, I'm not sure I trust most journalists with regards to how we operate on the transfer market nowadays - we've got some journalists with good club connections and they're usually very accurate. But only when the club's given them the OK to go forward with whatever story they've been hanging onto.

Klopp and Edwards seem to be buddy-buddy with a lot of LFC journalists... but they've also managed to keep a lot more of the inner workings of the club a bit more hidden than things used to be with us for most of my life. I remember in the Rick Parry days, there was a lad on a LFC forum @LFCMike and I were on... and it was ridiculous the amount of accurate information he'd pass onto us. Also getting the teamsheets the night before a match - which tbh was probably really annoying for Houllier and Rafa.

So tbh, any time I see LFC transfer related news come from someone other than the "usual" sources or that dickhead with his "here we go" tweets... I typically think it's bullshit.

But I want to believe we'd sign Tielemans to replace Gini xD - would be ideal, tbh.

On the flip side we've got Romano saying Tielemans will be signing a new contract though. I'd probably trust him more than a random Belgian outlet.

And similar to that lad on your forum, we've had one recently who tweeted yesterday, I think, hinting that the deal was done til 2024. And he's one who'll 'leak' the line-ups before a game, too. 

Just now, Stan said:

On the flip side we've got Romano saying Tielemans will be signing a new contract though. I'd probably trust him more than a random Belgian outlet.

And similar to that lad on your forum, we've had one recently who tweeted yesterday, I think, hinting that the deal was done til 2024. And he's one who'll 'leak' the line-ups before a game, too. 

I wonder if it's the same guy who used to leak Rodgers' lineups during his time at LFC!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Romano (he's the "here we go" dickhead, I think) is more trustworthy than a Belgian paper. Honestly, with it being a Belgian paper... there's a good chance this was just something his agent said to a journalist to try to ensure that Leicester don't "get cheap" with their offer and give his client what he wants.

Given everything you said, I doubt there's anything in this.

I also agree with @LFCMike - we're probably in for Bissouma. I'm mostly basing that off things the journos I'd trust with LFC news reporting we've been interested in him between December-the rest of the season.  Like I said, I'm sure the club is "interested in Tielemans" to an extent... much like I'd expect any top club to be "interested in [insert the name of any very good player]" - but the price has to be right for us to make a move on a player. Tielemans off the back of this season alone would be a very expensive signing... and we've just committed to making a very expensive signing at the back... I can't see us paying a similar (or tbh, more likely a much higher fee) for any other player this window.

And if he signs a new contract, the player's value just skyrockets. No way we entertain the idea of signing him if that happens.

• Subscriber

Would be absolutely sick to lose him. Class act.

I wasn't that bothered about Maguire or Chilwell going, but this one would be extremely hard to replace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Do you think he'll end up at Liverpool? What's his best position, number 8?

Yeah central midfield. He's been played in a double pivot with Ndidi as a playmaker but not always successful this season. Although that's partly is down to a) his uncertainty to move or not and b) generally poor form. 

He has one hell of an engine on him. Has the presentation of looking absolutely exhausted 5 mins in to a game but will run and run for the whole game. 

His vision and passing is brilliant. I could see him at Liverpool for sure. Or Man City, Barcelona, Real. We usually do get decent fees for our star players. 18mths left on contract. Anything around £50m-£60m that we could realistically get I think. And that's still a bargain for the buyer... 

• The title was changed to Youri Tielemans - Confirmed to Leave Leicester in Summer
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah central midfield. He's been played in a double pivot with Ndidi as a playmaker but not always successful this season. Although that's partly is down to a) his uncertainty to move or not and b) generally poor form. 

He has one hell of an engine on him. Has the presentation of looking absolutely exhausted 5 mins in to a game but will run and run for the whole game. 

His vision and passing is brilliant. I could see him at Liverpool for sure. Or Man City, Barcelona, Real. We usually do get decent fees for our star players. 18mths left on contract. Anything around £50m-£60m that we could realistically get I think. And that's still a bargain for the buyer... 

I think you'd be mad to let him go for anything less than £80m. Whoever signs him will potentially get one of the best centre mids in the world who will have about a decade left at the highest level.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think you'd be mad to let him go for anything less than £80m. Whoever signs him will potentially get one of the best centre mids in the world who will have about a decade left at the highest level.

Relatively short term left on the contract and him wanting to go makes me think we won't get that much. 

We've commanded big fees for previous players because they signed a new contract extension shortly before (Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire). I think they all did? So then they could go for the big money. Tielemans doesn't want to do that and wants out. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Relatively short term left on the contract and him wanting to go makes me think we won't get that much. 

We've commanded big fees for previous players because they signed a new contract extension shortly before (Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire). I think they all did? So then they could go for the big money. Tielemans doesn't want to do that and wants out. 

Ah I thought he signed in the Summer, that's a shame as he's worth so much more

• Subscriber

Wouldn't get in any of the top top teams in the world, overrated player. With how Leicester fans describe him you'd think he was the next Gerrard/Iniesta/Tugay. 

Why would Liverpool want him when all of their midfield players are better? Even the young players - Harvey Elliot for example.  

He might get in a lesser team like Man Utd, so i could see him going there.

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Wouldn't get in any of the top top teams in the world, overrated player. With how Leicester fans describe him you'd think he was the next Gerrard/Iniesta/Tugay. 

Why would Liverpool want him when all of their midfield players are better? Even the young players - Harvey Elliot for example.  

He might get in a lesser team like Man Utd, so i could see him going there.

Liverpool will almost certainly sign at least one, possibly two midfielders in the summer. Depends how many end up going. Milner will be gone and doubts over the futures of Keita and Chamberlain.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool will almost certainly sign at least one, possibly two midfielders in the summer. Depends how many end up going. Milner will be gone and doubts over the futures of Keita and Chamberlain.

I'm refusing to bite to him about it cos he mentioned Tugay xD 

Archived