talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans - Confirmed to Leave Leicester in Summer

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool will almost certainly sign at least one, possibly two midfielders in the summer. Depends how many end up going. Milner will be gone and doubts over the futures of Keita and Chamberlain.

Tielemans ain’t better than Fabinho, Henderson, Elliot, Jones, Thiago. Why would you want him? Realistically? To be back up to them 4? 

He’s not the godly player he’s been made out to be, and he’s nearly 25. I just think there’s better options for Liverpool.  There’s so many better midfielders in world football: Jacob Ramsey(potential), Declan Rice,  Bellingham, Marcos Llorente, Bissouma, Barella etc etc.

Those are just off the top of my head, and no I wasn’t fishing. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Tielemans ain’t better than Fabinho, Henderson, Elliot, Jones, Thiago. Why would you want him? Realistically? To be back up to them 4? 

He’s not the godly player he’s been made out to be, and he’s nearly 25. I just think there’s better options for Liverpool.  There’s so many better midfielders in world football: Jacob Ramsey(potential), Declan Rice,  Bellingham, Marcos Llorente, Bissouma, Barella etc etc.

Wow, you actually thought it :o

Bissouma plays in a totally different role so no comparison there. As does Fabinho. So not even up for comparison. 

Tielemans is better than Jones IMO. And Keita and AOC if you're looking at other Liverpool midfielders.

He's godly for us? That makes a difference. Like Mahrez was for us. How many times have you watched Leicester, out of interest, in the past 2-3 seasons? This season is a write-off pretty much as his head was clearly turned. But he's quite clearly a very good player and not as average as you think.

Wow. @JoshBRFC Disagree with all of that completely.

Tielemans and Elliot don’t even play the same position, he’s a deeper centre mid who dictates play and then tries to push forward, not an attacking mid who has so far played on the wing at times for Liverpool.

I do think his immediate competition for Liverpool is Thiago and think that might be a problem, but Thiago has a lot of injury problems. Outside of that I don’t think Curtis Jones is better than him. Regardless of having a poor season this season, he has consistently been one of the best centre mids in the league for the last 2 seasons

I love Jones but he isn’t better than Tielemans. Neither are Keita or Chamberlain and Milner is old. Harvey Elliot plays a completely different position and Thiago is made of glass. We would absolutely be improved with him in the team. 

15 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Tielemans is clearly a good player, no idea whether Liverpool would go for him though.

It's not a case of bringing someone in as a back up. Liverpool need at least six midfielders where the drop off isn't that noticeable.

• Subscriber

Using “different player” because said players are better is a kop out. Vieira, Lampard and Keane are all different players. But I can still compare them and know they’re all better than Scholes.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

this season is a write-off pretty much as his head was clearly turned.

Says a lot about him, why would an elite club want that mentality of player?

Another excuse to justify him not being as good as now everyone on the forum are making out. Cavalry’s out ;) . 

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Using “different player” because said players are better is a kop out. Vieira, Lampard and Keane are all different players. But I can still compare them and know they’re all better than Scholes.

Says a lot about him, why would an elite club want that mentality of player?

Another excuse to justify him not being as good as now everyone on the forum are making out. Cavalry’s out ;) . 

So because he may want a move to a bigger club, means he's not as good as other players in his position xD? Weird logic.

And yes, different player is valid. We can all say some players are better than others, either validly or not, but it helps if you compare players that play the same role?

Cavalry is out because you've come in with a wild opinion. Not saying you can't have it, but be prepared to face the music if it is so wild :what:

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's godly for us? That makes a difference. Like Mahrez was for us. How many times have you watched Leicester, out of interest, in the past 2-3 seasons?

Oh the old you don’t watch us every week so you’re not allowed an opinion ;)

Most weeks I watch nearly every game of every club. Some highlights, some extended. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

So because he may want a move to a bigger club, means he's not as good as other players in his position xD? Weird logic.

Huh? How’s that weird logic? A little bit manipulative there mate ;)

It’s me saying he has a poor mentality - it’s a rather simple statement. 

How about he works his arse off and maintains a high or ‘god’ like standard week in week out? Irrelevant if he wants to leave next year or not. Pathetic excuse and not the mentality of serial winners and elite players. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Oh the old you don’t watch us every week so you’re not allowed an opinion ;)

Most weeks I watch nearly every game of every club. Some highlights, some extended. 

I didn't even say that. You've assumed.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

if they sell him to Liverpool it must be for a rival tax, 80m up, make sure it hurts a bit

Liverpool are nowhere near as stupid as Man Utd (Maguire) and are far more savvy with their transfer fees, both selling and buying.

I don't think any club will stump up that amount considering how long is left on his contract and his willingness to leave. I wish it were so that we could get that kind of sum, but realistic enough to realise its more likely to be about £50m...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Liverpool are nowhere near as stupid as Man Utd (Maguire) and are far more savvy with their transfer fees, both selling and buying.

I don't think any club will stump up that amount considering how long is left on his contract and his willingness to leave. I wish it were so that we could get that kind of sum, but realistic enough to realise its more likely to be about £50m...

50m should help you get a few new players in,  which you may need soon just to rejuvenate the team. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Rival tax? 

rival
noun: rival; plural noun: rivals
a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

tax
noun: tax; plural noun: taxes
a compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and business profits, or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions

So with that information it is safe to assume that both Leicester and Liverpool are 'rivals' in getting 'taxed', I don't know if they want to be taxed more or less but sounds like a riveting financial report.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Danny said:

I think you'd be mad to let him go for anything less than £80m. Whoever signs him will potentially get one of the best centre mids in the world who will have about a decade left at the highest level.

This is one part about him I have a slight doubt about. He is only 24 but he's played a hell of a lot of football for somebody that age and I have a feeling he'll burn out a bit earlier as a result, but I could end up totally wrong of course.

The rumours of £35mil would be absolute humiliation.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

You're surely joking. He's better than half of those you've named. Curtis Jones, what?!?! Ramsey shouldn't be anywhere near that kind of discussion yet, nor Elliott, no idea what Bissouma's done that's any better, Rice has achieved less, Llorente isn't comparable either.

18 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool will almost certainly sign at least one, possibly two midfielders in the summer. Depends how many end up going. Milner will be gone and doubts over the futures of Keita and Chamberlain.

Klopp just confirmed that the club are in talks to extend Milners contract but yeah, I can see us signing a midfielder in the summer. Not sure it will be Tielemans though?

44 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp just confirmed that the club are in talks to extend Milners contract but yeah, I can see us signing a midfielder in the summer. Not sure it will be Tielemans though?

Unless it's a deal with a coaching role attached, I hope not. He shouldn't be starting games for us next season outside of early League Cup/FA Cup games

Archived