talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans - Confirmed to Leave Leicester in Summer

• Administrator

So this didn't happen in the end at all but what a farce it's been xD 

Suspect he'll get picked up for free on a pre-contract by a European club in January, or any free transfer next summer. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

So this didn't happen in the end at all but what a farce it's been xD 

Suspect he'll get picked up for free on a pre-contract by a European club in January, or any free transfer next summer. 

Juventus or Barce written all over it

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Juventus or Barce written all over it

If he's still available in summer, I suspect Arsenal will still want him.

It really surprised me (if it was true) that they were happy to pay £25m for Douglas Luiz but not the reported £20-25m we were asking for for Tielemans.

I can see him fitting in at Arsenal. Would instantly give that midfield some strength. Instantly better than the likes of Elneny, Partey and would provide adequate support to the likes of Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli. 

On 14/02/2022 at 19:38, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wanted him pretty badly, but I think my opinion on him has soured a bit given his form this season. Having said that, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a player's head drop when they've decided they want a move and they're in a Brendan Rodgers side that's lost it's way.

Tielemans form dropped last season but due to what is evidently more severe financial issues their squad is threadbare and weaker.   I'm sure he and Maddison will be running for January exits if Leicester are languishing down there.   

that could change if some rich Arabs come and buy the club, maybe Iranians this time.

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

If he's still available in summer, I suspect Arsenal will still want him.

It really surprised me (if it was true) that they were happy to pay £25m for Douglas Luiz but not the reported £20-25m we were asking for for Tielemans.

I can see him fitting in at Arsenal. Would instantly give that midfield some strength. Instantly better than the likes of Elneny, Partey and would provide adequate support to the likes of Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli. 

I guess it also comes down to how often you're gunna play someone. Luiz would be a bit-part player, Tielemans would expect constant game time

Archived