talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans - Confirmed to Leave Leicester in Summer

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Unless it's a deal with a coaching role attached, I hope not. He shouldn't be starting games for us next season outside of early League Cup/FA Cup games

Yeah I agree. Klopps comments somewhat indicated that Milner will have a role at the club once he stops playing. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I agree. Klopps comments somewhat indicated that Milner will have a role at the club once he stops playing. 

I might have sounded a bit harsh on him with the 'i hope not' comment. But he's definitely worth keeping around even if he's not playing much. You can imagine he'd be a great influence on the younger players.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I might have sounded a bit harsh on him with the 'i hope not' comment. But he's definitely worth keeping around even if he's not playing much. You can imagine he'd be a great influence on the younger players.

Yep, he's a model professional and that can only be a good influence on the young lads. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Thought Isco fell off the face of the earth. 

typical Real Madrid player style.   he is also going to be 30 so it makes no sense.   Schlotterbeck and Milenkovic make a lot of sense and Tielemans obviously makes a lot of sense.   He and Guimaraes could be fun. 

• Subscriber

Newcastle makes sense and he'd actually improve their midfield. Any top 4 club and he doesn't improve their midfield... he would fit in at United but they aren't top 4.

I know you think i've got something against you... but he's not even the best Leicester midfielder... do you agree @Stan @Dan ¬¬.  

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Newcastle makes sense and he'd actually improve their midfield. Any top 4 club and he doesn't improve their midfield... he would fit in at United but they aren't top 4.

I know you think i've got something against you... but he's not even the best Leicester midfielder... do you agree @Stan @Dan ¬¬.  

Obviously not.

Tielemans is quality. There's no way that's even debatable.

I think he could slot into any of the 3 best sides in this league (City, Liverpool, Chelsea) seemlessly. That is how high I rate him. He's always looked more like a Liverpool player out the three though.

Personally, he is the kind of signing I think Man U and Spurs need to be identifying because he improves them without a doubt, and they are two sides with weak midfields.

Man Utd especially, need to reinvent the structure of their side. Plan for life without Pogba. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Nah I don't think you've got anything against us I just think you're underestimating his ability a lot. We'll see over time but he's an immensely talented player for me, up there with the best I've seen for us in terms of pure talent.

I wanted him pretty badly, but I think my opinion on him has soured a bit given his form this season. Having said that, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a player's head drop when they've decided they want a move and they're in a Brendan Rodgers side that's lost it's way.

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Why’s it obvious? You make him out to be the Gerrantelele.

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Why’s it obvious? You make him out to be the next Gerrantelele.

You asked if I agree with you that he's not the best Leicester midfielder. I think it's quite obvious we disagree?

Not made him out to be anything that you allege. I just think he's a quality player and love watching him play. Sorry?

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nah I don't think you've got anything against us I just think you're underestimating his ability a lot. We'll see over time but he's an immensely talented player for me, up there with the best I've seen for us in terms of pure talent.

I think you’ve overrating him, but I respect your opinion as you see him a lot more than me. Be interesting to see what he goes for. If you get the figures that you guys have been saying I think that’s ridiculous. My main qualm is his mentality. Any elite player wouldn’t be the way he has been just because he wants a move. Look at Mbappe now for example. Look at Fabregas when he wanted a move for years. He didn’t sulk and drop his form - he carried a team. There’s levels and when Stan Marsh is getting touchy because I don’t think he’s at that level like I’m being a cunt I’m surprised to be honest. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the rumour mill is going wild with Newcastle links to Tielemans, Schlotterbeck, Milenkovic, Moses, Dembele, Isco and Muller.

Muller probably to old a d Dembele to much ego not enough product.

That's an incredible list. What a mix that is xD

I wanted us to go for Schlotterbeck but think he'll have better suitors sadly.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

You asked if I agree with you that he's not the best Leicester midfielder. I think it's quite obvious we disagree?

Not made him out to be anything that you allege. I just think he's a quality player and love watching him play. Sorry?

Okay, my assumption is wrong then. I won’t make an ass of u & me. Hold my hands up if I’m wrong. I just thought I was pissing you off xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

I think you’ve overrating him, but I respect your opinion as you see him a lot more than me. Be interesting to see what he goes for. If you get the figures that you guys have been saying I think that’s ridiculous. My main qualm is his mentality. Any elite player wouldn’t be the way he has been just because he wants a move. Look at Mbappe now for example. Look at Fabregas when he wanted a move for years. He didn’t sulk and drop his form - he carried a team. There’s levels and when Stan Marsh is getting touchy because I don’t think he’s at that level like I’m being a cunt I’m surprised to be honest. 

I think the entire side has been poor. The mentality point is a fair one because we have dropped off and he was very much a part of that, but based on this season - I dunno, I don't think he's played as well as he's capable of but I think we're a largely dysfunctional team and hardly any of them have been at their best, and even despite that I'd say he's probably been one of our better.

I'm not expecting anything like £80mil but I'm expected more than what we paid even with a year left. If Southampton can get £30mil for Ings in a similar contract situation, who is a lot older.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think the entire side has been poor. The mentality point is a fair one because we have dropped off and he was very much a part of that, but based on this season - I dunno, I don't think he's played as well as he's capable of but I think we're a largely dysfunctional team and hardly any of them have been at their best, and even despite that I'd say he's probably been one of our better.

I'm not expecting anything like £80mil but I'm expected more than what we paid even with a year left. If Southampton can get £30mil for Ings in a similar contract situation, who is a lot older.

Fair point. I also don’t think sacking Brendan is the way forward. I think he’s a decent manager and yeah you’re languishing in mid table but I don’t think the panic and reset button should be pushed just yet. You clearly won’t go down this season so I think he’s earned the right to try and turn it around. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Okay, my assumption is wrong then. I won’t make an ass of u & me. Hold my hands up if I’m wrong. I just thought I was pissing you off xD

Not at all. I just thought you weren't listening or paying attention to anything I was saying because you kept making assumptions that I thought he was some hybrid of Gerrard/Lampard/Iniesta etc etc...

I do find it ironic that you're willing to respect what Dan says and say 'you see him more than me' but when I asked how many times you've watched Leicester you appeared to take offence to that xD 

We clearly don't agree about his quality and I'm perfectly happy to accept that. But it says a lot when plenty of others see what Dan and I see, no?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not at all. I just thought you weren't listening or paying attention to anything I was saying because you kept making assumptions that I thought he was some hybrid of Gerrard/Lampard/Iniesta etc etc...

I do find it ironic that you're willing to respect what Dan says and say 'you see him more than me' but when I asked how many times you've watched Leicester you appeared to take offence to that xD 

We clearly don't agree about his quality and I'm perfectly happy to accept that. But it says a lot when plenty of others see what Dan and I see, no?

Don’t over think it mate. I honestly didn’t take offence to anything and your knowledge is obviously similar to Dans, it’s just a boring question. I’m happy to be the odd one out and maybe I’ll be proven wrong - it won’t be the first time :) . I wouldn’t say it says a lot, it just means I’m not agreeing with 80% of you when that’s not my opinion.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

That's an incredible list. What a mix that is xD

I wanted us to go for Schlotterbeck but think he'll have better suitors sadly.

Schlotterbeck, Botman, Bendiashile all likely to be targets at CB,  we need a good LB and then probably look at a second outlet winger or box to box guy like Haidara. 

• 5 months later...

Archived