talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga & Below 2021/22

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Eco said:

Going into the weekend, here is where @Rucksackfranzose and @Faithcore stand. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.05.16 PM.png

And of course, as I'm sure you are all dying for an update, here is the recent Regionalliga West Standings. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.06.51 PM.png

Pretty tight at the top of the dritte with 9 teams all within 3 points of each other.  Great league to follow.  Hopefully Essen can join them next season.  Does the Regionalliga West get an automatic place in the dritte liga next season?  I'm pretty sure they rotate playofff bids and auto bids amongst the Regionalligas.

51 minutes ago, Coma said:

Pretty tight at the top of the dritte with 9 teams all within 3 points of each other.  Great league to follow.  Hopefully Essen can join them next season.  Does the Regionalliga West get an automatic place in the dritte liga next season?  I'm pretty sure they rotate playofff bids and auto bids amongst the Regionalligas.

1st place get automatic promotion. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

1st place get automatic promotion. 

I think there are only 4 relegation places in 3. Liga and 5 Regionalligas so two of the Regionalligas have to battle it out for the 4th spot.  If I remember correctly 3 of the auto spots rotate along with 2 playoff spots but I wasn't sure whose turn it was this year.

A legitimate team from Leipzig is making a run in the Nordost with Lokomotive thumping Tasmania 5-0 and sitting third.  Now within a point of a fading BFC Dynamo who was soundly beaten by Carl Zeiss Jena.  BAK 07 still cruising at the top having opened up a 4 point lead on BFC.

Other notables include Cottbus in 8th on 21 points, Karl Marx Stadt and Chemie Leipzig in 9th-10th on 19 points each.  Poor Lichtenberg in 15th after losing a close match to BAK.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

@Rucksackfranzose Saarbrucken having a good season so far.  What's the vibe like there?  Does the team look good enough to be promoted or is this false advertising?  Am I correct that Dortmund II cannot be promoted even if they finish in the 2nd auto promotion spot?

Well, when we got promoted to 3.Liga the goal was to be promoted to 2.Liga within 5 years. Nobody will moan, if we succeed fulfilling that aim beforehand. Although we were expecting and expected by most experts to finish this season in the first third part of the table second spot is better than most of us thought we would do so far this sason. As for the vibe, all home matches sold out within the corona restrictions so far. And finally you're right, if BVB II finishes in one of the two direct promotion spots, the third placed team will be promoted directly and the fourth  placed team will play the promotion play-offs, since 3.Liga is the highest level second teams can possibly reach. Oh I forgot: Under this scenario the fifth placed team will automatically qualify for next years DFB-Pokal, since second teams are banned from participating in it as well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived