talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga & Below 2021/22

6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Saarbrücken are indeed the only Saarish club in 3.Liga or above. It wasn't always like this , though. With Homburg ,us, and Borussia Neunkirchen there are  three former Saarish Buli clubs.

I remember reading about the Ellenfeldstadion.  Lots of history there.  Beautiful setting and a huge venue for what is now a 6th tier club, iirc.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Saarbrücken are indeed the only Saarish club in 3.Liga or above. It wasn't always like this , though. With Homburg ,us, and Borussia Neunkirchen there are  three former Saarish Buli clubs.

Didn't Rodolfo Esteban Cardoso join Homburg because he thought it was Hamburg? I'm pretty sure I've read something like that many years ago. 😅

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Didn't Rodolfo Esteban Cardoso join Homburg because he thought it was Hamburg? I'm pretty sure I've read something like that many years ago. 😅

Well, an old often heard anecdote is about him asking passengers for the way to the harbour, whether it's true or not I don't know.xD

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, an old often heard anecdote is about him asking passengers for the way to the harbour, whether it's true or not I don't know.xD

Clearly he meant to go to VFB Homberg.  There's a dock there.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Duisburg avoided relegation this matchday. Looking forward to our matches next season. @Faithcore In other news: Braunschweig are promoted and Lautern secured the promotion play-off spot.

I can't say that I'm happy about it but obviously I am relieved. Hopefully things will be a bit better next season and I'm also looking forward to our matches.

I hope that Dresden will go through against Kaiserslautern. Kaiserslautern simply does not deserve to be rewarded for their insolvency corona bullshit. Also they have Marco Antwerpen.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

No, they don't. 

It had already been foreshadowed in the last few days, but it still surprised me. But of course that does not change the fact that they don't deserve to get promoted :P

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I've just read Dirk Schuster takes over, Apparently Lautern want to change their style whatever league they'll be playing in next season.O.o Hope this turns out to be a catastrophe- had nothing against meeting them next season again.

I want to visit the Betzenberg if they get promoted and play Düsseldorf. Ever since the 90's I always had some fascination with their stadium. 

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

I want to visit the Betzenberg if they get promoted and play Düsseldorf. Ever since the 90's I always had some fascination with their stadium. 

Their "new" stadium is nothing special. Neither is the atmosphere.

28 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Their "new" stadium is nothing special. Neither is the atmosphere.

Might improve, if they were promoted, though. Always been under the impression parts of Lautern fans felt 3. Liga were beneath their dignity and met a few, who indeed expressed this opinion.

50 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Might improve, if they were promoted, though. Always been under the impression parts of Lautern fans felt 3. Liga were beneath their dignity and met a few, who indeed expressed this opinion.

Das kann definitiv sein. Ich muss fairerweise aber auch sagen, dass es schon ein paar Jahre her ist, dass ich selber vor Ort war.  Das war dann tatsächlich noch zu Zweitligazeiten und auch in unseren letzten beiden Bundesligasaisons (Mitte der 2000er) war ich dort. Da hat es mich schon stimmungstechnisch ziemlich enttäuscht und ich hatte das Gefühl, dass vom Hexenkessel der 90er offensichtlich nicht mehr viel übrig war oder ist.

On 14/05/2022 at 10:27, Tommy said:

Rot-Weiss Essen back in professional football after 14 years. 

Can I like this, or is there a shady investor behind this as well?

I was hoping Münster would pull it off.  So no, you don't have to like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived