talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga & Below 2021/22

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still unfair to the fans. And it's just hard to say know to an influx of money, but of course it can lead to overspending plus an overnight vanishing of the funds. 

Meh. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The former board decided to bend the rules by selling out to a dodgy investor, now the club has to deal with the consequences. A cautionary tale to others. The fans will hopefully build the club up again for a fresh start.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still unfair to the fans. And it's just hard to say know to an influx of money, but of course it can lead to overspending plus an overnight vanishing of the funds. 

In this case it is not unfair to the fans. The fans in Uerdingen went along with everything and accepted it without any criticism and celebrated how three completely dubious investors took over one after the other.  I really have no sympathy at all for that. 

Even at this point the club is higher in terms of the league than it was before the investors came in, so nobody should complain.

1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

In this case it is not unfair to the fans. The fans in Uerdingen went along with everything and accepted it without any criticism and celebrated how three completely dubious investors took over one after the other.  I really have no sympathy at all for that. 

Even at this point the club is higher in terms of the league than it was before the investors came in, so nobody should complain.

Fair enough, again I don't know much about the situation. Anyways, sounds like it'll be a nice, easy, 6 points for RW Essen when they play. 

That Russian fat fuck investor that was at Uerdingen also tried his luck in Düsseldorf years ago. First at Fortuna, and then at our hockey team DEG. They both parted ways on unfortunate terms, so Uerdingen should have known who they're going to bed with. 

Ok, I didn't know that they also had another dodgy investor after Ponomarev fucked off. How stupid can you be? Fuck them. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That Russian fat fuck investor that was at Uerdingen also tried his luck in Düsseldorf years ago. First at Fortuna, and then at our hockey team DEG. They both parted ways on unfortunate terms, so Uerdingen should have known who they're going to bed with. 

Ok, I didn't know that they also had another dodgy investor after Ponomarev fucked off. How stupid can you be? Fuck them. 

Ponomarev sold his shares to a dodgy Armenian enterprise, who fucked over the insolvency administrator and  on this occassion in the end caused Uerdingen to lose their 3.Liga licence.xD

Investors are such a good thing to have.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

Think I found a way to watch all Rot-Weiss Essen, so I'll be watching today's match against Straelen. 

🍻

It is official, I did find a way to stream it. Cost me $10, but whatever, I'm rather looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Both xD 

Pay - cause I can't find any reliable streams of matches at this level, and $10 isn't that much for 2 hours of entertainment. 

Watch - Well wife did a study abroad program in Essen, and loved it there. 

We have discussed moving to Germany since I can live anywhere, and she'd like to go back there. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wow...Straelen score to go up 1-0 on RWE. 

Essen have dominated the match, having 15 chances at least, but have yet been unable to hit the net, and now they are down. 

2-0 now. 

Can't believe RWE are losing this match...

9 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Match ended 1:4 in favour of Straelen.

I'm sure you deliberately withheld that from us :ph34r:

Ha - I'm actually currently sick and on medicine that keeps putting me to sleep. 

Luckily I fell asleep at 2-1, only to wake up and see the final score. 

Mid-week games this week for our teams. 

Wednesday 8/25
MSV Duisburg vs Wehen Wiesbaden (3. Liga)
Saarbrücken vs Magdeburg (3. Liga)
Wuppertaler SV vs Rot-Weiss Essen (Regionalliga West)

I learned today NOFV, north eastern regional assiociation within DFB (former DFV- FA of GDR plus Landesassciation of Berlin ), have banned TB Berlin from promoting CURA ( a fund for the victims of politically right-wing motivated violence) on their kits. It's true that clubs within DFB are forbidden of political statements on their shirts, therefore I can see, where they're coming from. On the other hand, they explained further on that there are also victims of the political left violence also, which is true but irrelevant in this case, and that someone could be offended by this. Especially the last substantiation is questionable as it could lead to say Werder Bremen from being banned to be sponsored by Wiesenhof, because some vegans or animal welfare activists might be offended, same is true for Freiburg (Schwarzwaldmilch) for the same and literally any club for other reasons. On a side note Inter Berlin, an amateur side, showed solidarity with TB pointing out they always play with the slogan "no racism" on their kits, which argueably is also a political statement.

Do clubs in the 4th tier like RW Essen pay their players?  I seem to recall that only the top 3 leagues in Germany are considered "professional" leagues but I find it hard to believe that a club of Essen's size (or any other big-ish club that's down there i.e., Aachen, Carl Zeiss Jena) doesn't pay.  Is the 3. Liga the lowest league that requires players to be pros?  I tried reading up on the difference between professional and amateur but I never seem to get a good answer.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived