talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga & Below 2021/22

2 hours ago, Coma said:

Do clubs in the 4th tier like RW Essen pay their players?  I seem to recall that only the top 3 leagues in Germany are considered "professional" leagues but I find it hard to believe that a club of Essen's size (or any other big-ish club that's down there i.e., Aachen, Carl Zeiss Jena) doesn't pay.  Is the 3. Liga the lowest league that requires players to be pros?  I tried reading up on the difference between professional and amateur but I never seem to get a good answer.

Generally spoken clubs in the RL's are consisting of full timers. The distinction between pros and amateurs are more to do with German employment laws and insurances than with being paid for playing football or not.

PS: As an example for these differences, players in the first three tiers are considered performance entertainers/artists/ sportsmen, while players in the tiers below are considered normal employees and are members of the "Berufsgenossenschaft Verwaltung"- that doesn't necessarily mean the former earn more with their football playing than the later. Disclaimer: My English isn't definetely good enough to explain, what a Berufsgenossenschaft is, so look it up if you're interested.xD

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Generally spoken clubs in the RL's are consisting of full timers. The distinction between pros and amateurs are more to do with German employment laws and insurances than with being paid for playing football or not.

PS: As an example for these differences, players in the first three tiers are considered performance entertainers/artists/ sportsmen, while players in the tiers below are considered normal employees and are members of the "Berufsgenossenschaft Verwaltung"- that doesn't necessarily mean the former earn more wirh their football playing than the later. Disclaimer: My English isn't definetely good enough to explain, what a Berufsgenossenschaft is, so look it up if you're interested.xD

Closest translation (not literal) would be worker's compensation.  If you get hurt on the job and can't work for awhile you can still get paid. 

I assume then that the club registers you as an employee and you are then insured in the event that you get hurt on the field.

2 minutes ago, Coma said:

So my next question is... at what level of football would a player likely have a regular full-time job like the rest of us?  Oberligas?  6th tier?

Oberligas are usually the level were clubs begin to use full-timers, both either the whole squad full-timers or a full- timer spin complemented with part-timers. Some OL clubs are fully part-time players, though. It's Oberliga were these systems overlap,

Alemannia Aachen losing 1-0 to Lippstadt, and if the score holds, that means they will only have 1 point after 3 matches in a league where 5 teams suffer relegation. 

Are Aachen still considered a 'large' team? I always felt that was the case un over the past decade they have really declined. 

I certainly wouldn't call it an 'instant classic', but RWE win 1-0 in what was a pretty even match. 

That Wuppertaler keeper was complete trash and the reason why this game ended in a 1-0 when for RWE. 

Weekend games this week for our teams. 

Sunday, August 29
Borussia Dortmund II vs MSV Duisburg (3. Liga)
Würzburger Kickers vs Saarbrücken (3. Liga)
Wegberg-Beeck vs Preußen Münster (Regionalliga West)
Rot-Weiss Essen vs Fortuna Köln Regionalliga West)

Lichtenberg lose 2-1 at BFC.  Didn't expect them to get much from that match.  BFC look like they might be headed for 3. Liga next season.

Cottbus are playing well.  17 goals in 6 matches with only 4 conceded.  Currently 6th spot with 2 games in hand.

Regionalliga Nordost update:

Lichtenberg with a big 2-0 win last night against Optik Rathenow with both teams in the early relegation mire.  Now on 8 points (2-2-5), which is good for 13th in the table.  

Tennis Borussia have still only played 4 matches as the team has been in and out of COVID quarantine.  Their next match is a big one against Tasmania.

BFC are still league leaders on 21 points (7-0-1).  Carl Zeiss Jena up to third now with after a 5-match winning streak.

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

WDFV (Westdeutscher Fußball Verband) decided to deduct Uerdingen 9 points for being in insolvency proceedings. The club registered a protest. It's amazing how KFC can not leave embarassing themselves.😖

Always hate to hear this, no matter the situation. 

Also always get this confused with the city of Überlingen which I enjoyed while visiting, so once my brain realizes the difference, I'm less sad about such a situation. 

Just now, Coma said:

DFB YouTube channel will be streaming Magdeburg v. Kaiserslautern at noon on Saturday @Eco

Nice. I'll probably check it out. Since it's a holiday weekend here and so many sports are taking place, it's set up to be a busy 3 days. 

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well it was Saarbrücken 0-4 Wehen after 40 minutes and 3-4 in the end. Bit of another story than the one told by you @Eco ¬¬

TBF, I couldn't find a stream and just saw the score after 60 minutes as I was working and was surprised by the scoreline. 

Glad you guys came back, too bad another wasn't scored to share the points. 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

TBF, I couldn't find a stream and just saw the score after 60 minutes as I was working and was surprised by the scoreline. 

Glad you guys came back, too bad another wasn't scored to share the points. 

Well, just was crotchety because the comeback didn't pay off, when I came home after the match. I apologize.:)

7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, just was crotchety because the comeback didn't pay off, when I came home after the match. I apologize.:)

No worries mate. 

I am always hoping you guys win so I never take any enjoyment out of Die Molschder losing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived