talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3. Liga & Below 2021/22

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So RW Essen vs. Preußen Münster had to be abandoned yesterday, because a fan threw a firecracker onto the pitch. 

Two Preußen Münster players and a fitness coach are still injured and not able to do their job. 

Absolute scum whoever throws something like that on another living being. Georg Koch had to end his career because of the exact same thing back in the day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Türkgücü withdrew their team, since they couldn't find a new investor or other financial supporters. That means their matches will be  nullifyed. FCS lose 6 points we won fair and square because DFB were careless during their licencation. Furios, will be even more furious, if Türkgücü would be allowed to start in RL Bayern next season instead having to begin at the pyramide's bottom as a new founded club.:censored:

A couple make-up games in 3. Liga this weekend with Osnabrück v. Braunschweig and SC Verl v. Zwickau.  An Osnabrück win would keep things tight in the battle for the playoff spot.

Not much going on in Regionalliga Nordost with a single match between two relegation battlers.

I'll carry the torch for @Eco in the Regionalliga West.  Münster has caught RW Essen and has a single point lead although Essen have a match in hand.  Both teams play this weekend with Preussen at home for bottom side Homberg and Essen away to mid-table Wiedenbruck.  Essen's form has been sketchy with only 2 wins in their last 5 matches.  

If anyone needs me I'll be combing the depths of the internet for something to watch this weekend 😢.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at that Choreo. And that in 3. Liga.

And then you have clubs like Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Hoffenheim etc. in the Bundesliga who can barely get anyone into their stadium. 

On 08/04/2022 at 12:48, Rucksackfranzose said:

Next week's match between Lautern and FCS is sold out. It's been a while since a 3.Liga match attracted an attendance of 46k.:hh:

I meant to ask earlier, did you go to the match?  Looks like the atmosphere was electric.  

25 minutes ago, Coma said:

I meant to ask earlier, did you go to the match?  Looks like the atmosphere was electric.  

Nope, traditionally have Easter lunch with some mates, couldn't cancel it because it was my turn preparing it. Watched the match together on TV instead.

When I first went to a FCS home match we were in Oberliga(third tier then in 1980) - I experienced everything between Bundesliga and Oberliga (5th tier) in the meantime, still today was the first time I saw exactly 0 supporters in the away fans section of Ludwigspark. Although FCS lost this is shambolic for Verl fans.

Just to give a Regionalliga update for those that are interested:

West - Münster have a 2-point lead on Essen with three matches to play.  Essen's form has fallen away over the past couple months but they are now on an unbeaten run.  Preussen have a tougher run-in but their current form is excellent.

Nord - VFL Oldenburg are running away in the promotion group here.

Nordost - BFC Dynamo running away at the top of the table with Carl Zeiss Jena 8 points behind with three matches to play.  Unlikely to be caught although BFC have dropped points to some suprising sides this season.

Südwest - Elversburg and Ulm are locked at the top on 73 points with Kickers Offenbach 6 points back.  Three matches to play.  Elversburg has the easier schedule on paper.

Bayern - Bayreuth have an 8-point lead on Bayern II with three matches to play.  Barring a huge collapse they'll advance 

As it stands the following teams would be promoted to 3. Liga: Elversburg, Bayreuth, and Münster.  BFC and Oldenburg would enter the playoffs for the final promotion place.

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Just to give a Regionalliga update for those that are interested:

West - Münster have a 2-point lead on Essen with three matches to play.  Essen's form has fallen away over the past couple months but they are now on an unbeaten run.  Preussen have a tougher run-in but their current form is excellent.

Nord - VFL Oldenburg are running away in the promotion group here.

Nordost - BFC Dynamo running away at the top of the table with Carl Zeiss Jena 8 points behind with three matches to play.  Unlikely to be caught although BFC have dropped points to some suprising sides this season.

Südwest - Elversburg and Ulm are locked at the top on 73 points with Kickers Offenbach 6 points back.  Three matches to play.  Elversburg has the easier schedule on paper.

Bayern - Bayreuth have an 8-point lead on Bayern II with three matches to play.  Barring a huge collapse they'll advance 

As it stands the following teams would be promoted to 3. Liga: Elversburg, Bayreuth, and Münster.  BFC and Oldenburg would enter the playoffs for the final promotion place.

Since, you wrote consistently Elversburg, I wanted to point out this Saarish club is named Elversberg.:)

19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Since, you wrote consistently Elversburg, I wanted to point out this Saarish club is named Elversberg.:)

I went out of my way to check Oldenburg's spelling and put the umlaut on Münster.  I was obviously coasting by the time I got to Elversberg 😆.

32 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Looks likely that they'll be a Saarish derby next season then.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any other clubs in 3. Liga that are from Saarland?  Kaiserslautern I would assume are a regional rival but I think they are in Rheinland-Palatinate?

4 minutes ago, Coma said:

Looks likely that they'll be a Saarish derby next season then.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any other clubs in 3. Liga that are from Saarland?  Kaiserslautern I would assume are a regional rival but I think they are in Rheinland-Palatinate?

Saarbrücken are indeed the only Saarish club in 3.Liga or above. It wasn't always like this , though. With Homburg ,us, and Borussia Neunkirchen there are  three former Saarish Buli clubs.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived