talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United 2021/22 Season Thread

football forum

Former Watford & Fulham manager Jokanovic in, 3 year deal, first overseas manager at the club. 

All the best to him trying to get a tune out of Brewster, Jack O’Connell will be back from injury on the positive side, as no doubt we’ll have to lose a few, including Sander Berge most likely. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this doesn't make good reading for next season in the Championship, this is an extremely experienced Championship team and Brewster has already proven he can score and play for fun at this level. Yeah they'll lose a few, but they never really spent big so that money should still be there to invest in the areas they've had to sell in.

With them, a cash rich Fulham and even a yoyo club like West Brom who again will be cash rich as they didn't spend too heavily it will be tough for other sides to come up. Really hope we do a job against Swansea.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Well this doesn't make good reading for next season in the Championship, this is an extremely experienced Championship team and Brewster has already proven he can score and play for fun at this level. Yeah they'll lose a few, but they never really spent big so that money should still be there to invest in the areas they've had to sell in.

With them, a cash rich Fulham and even a yoyo club like West Brom who again will be cash rich as they didn't spend too heavily it will be tough for other sides to come up. Really hope we do a job against Swansea.

Brentford scared the fuck out of me when Leeds were promoted.  They've earned a shot at the Prem after being close so many years and I'd like to think that their style would keep them up.  

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:
Seems like a pretty good appointment on face value. He takes charge of a good squad at this level. I'd very surprised not to see them at the very minimum in the playoffs next season.

Prior to Bielsa coming Jokanovic was on my wish list.  I agree that this is a great appointment considering the talent they already have.

Two out of two promotions so he know's what he's doing.

Plays good Football too. Both his Watford and Fulham sides press high and were possession based teams. His Fulham team were very good when they finally clicked and made a late run to the playoffs.

What is slightly different is, he managed Watford and Fulham who were both 'cosmopolitan' sides made up of a high mix of foreigners and not as much of a British core.

Sheffield United will be different as it's a heavy British mix with fewer foreign players and they won't be afraid to work hard so it feels like it should be a good fit.

• 5 months later...

We had our moment in the sun, back to the grim realities of Sheff Utd xD

Hopefully our pauper of an owner fucks off soon, apparently the Newcastle regulation situation will effect money he can put in the club too now, not that he was doing that anyway.

Oh dear. Stuart McCall as assistant manager too, didn't realise he was still getting gigs?

I'd be extremely disappointed as a Blades fan hoping to bounce back quickly.

I was half taking the piss with Warnock but I think I'd rather have a tilt with him for the romantic factor than this.

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

4.5 year deal to Heckingbottom?? Bit extreme isn’t it. 

The long contract is because he’s on peanuts basically. Only way of getting him to accept, as at least he’ll get a big-ish pay off when he gets the sack due to Brewster not being an actual footballer.

Our Poundland owner has 4 other clubs he’s dealing with, so no wonder he just wants a yes man in place now like Heckingbottom, no complaining about the lack of transfers or shite at his disposal. We’re basically done now.

• The title was changed to Sheffield United 2021/22 Season Thread
2 hours ago, DNA said:

The long contract is because he’s on peanuts basically. Only way of getting him to accept, as at least he’ll get a big-ish pay off when he gets the sack due to Brewster not being an actual footballer.

Our Poundland owner has 4 other clubs he’s dealing with, so no wonder he just wants a yes man in place now like Heckingbottom, no complaining about the lack of transfers or shite at his disposal. We’re basically done now.

That press conference was weird to say the least.

Do you reckon there's financial troubles on the horizon? My first thought was promoting the U23 Coach sends out the message they'll want to progress players from within.

Other than Sander Berge I don't see who you could raise funds from in January which is a bit worrying.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

That press conference was weird to say the least.

Do you reckon there's financial troubles on the horizon? My first thought was promoting the U23 Coach sends out the message they'll want to progress players from within.

Other than Sander Berge I don't see who you could raise funds from in January which is a bit worrying.

And even his stock had plummeted, surprised if we would receive anything of significance now. I’m sure aside from being someone who won’t complain they’ve got an eye on his expertise in the u23’s to blood through some players to cut costs.

“They don't want to have Slav in place any longer as he wanted more players and crucially, whisper this these days at Bramall Lane, he wanted ‘wingers’; that's like saying "Thatcher really was a great PM, wasn't she, she sorted out the Unions" at the Orgreave Miners Welfare Club” xD

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

@DNAI don't mean to jinx it but the early signs look positive. Theyve gone back to a system which suits the players and theyve began playing Conor Hourihane who I couldn't understand was out of favour with Jokanovic based on his Swansea form.

Yea, definitely playing with a lot more freedom, more direct. Not getting too carried away mind as there is a lot of work to do, we’re shocking at defending set pieces and in general we’re a bit Jekylll & Hyde as a side.

Archived