talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Augsburg - Silent Investor Takeover

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm just surprised that I haven't heard anything about it until a few days ago. Although it's probably not that surprising if even Augsburg fans found that out accidentally from Handelsregister xD

Also, how is Hofmann and his investors group even allowed to hold over 99% of the club shares? I assume the majority of the voting shares are still in the hands of the e.V., so it is deemed to be alright in terms of 50+1? But then he's also the president of the club, with other investors also on supervisory board, so it's a bit of a joke, imo. 

• 5 weeks later...

So - I have not heard about this until you provided this source. Have you found any more news about it? 

It seems super sketchy and honestly gives Hoffman way too much control over the club. If I read this correctly, it appears that the supporters groups are behind this move, and if that's the case, we could the relationship between the fans, and the club began to get tense. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Eco said:

So - I have not heard about this until you provided this source. Have you found any more news about it? 

It seems super sketchy and honestly gives Hoffman way too much control over the club. If I read this correctly, it appears that the supporters groups are behind this move, and if that's the case, we could the relationship between the fans, and the club began to get tense. 

According to the article I linked to in the original post, the club kept it hidden from the fans for over two months, and only confirmed it when some supporter group accidentally found it out while looking at the entries in the German companies register. 

I haven't read anything else ever since I posted this... 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

According to the article I linked to in the original post, the club kept it hidden from the fans for over two months, and only confirmed it when some supporter group accidentally found it out while looking at the entries in the German companies register. 

I haven't read anything else ever since I posted this... 

That's some pretty shady shit there. 

Ugh..

Archived