talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raheem Sterling Completes Move to Chelsea

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I look at the Sterling for England given the similarities in our set up and he’s always one of their top performers. 

I think he is rubbish for England

I hate the guy, but I also think it's a great signing for Chelsea. Yeah, his finishing isn't the most clinical and Chelsea have struggled with that, but I think he's a very good player that adds a lot of quality to Chelsea's attack immediately.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hate the guy, but I also think it's a great signing for Chelsea. Yeah, his finishing isn't the most clinical and Chelsea have struggled with that, but I think he's a very good player that adds a lot of quality to Chelsea's attack immediately.

A lot of people do. I don't get why, comes off as bit thick by harmless.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not for me. He, Shaw, and Phillips probably England's better performers. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Always acts with a chip on his shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not for me. He, Shaw, and Phillips probably England's better performers. 

Always acts with a chip on his shoulder. 

England has Kane's penalties and that's about it. Vastly overrated NT.

Well it isn't surprising given his life's history.

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

At first I just thought he was a dick because of the way he and his agent acted when he forced his move out with us. But hearing about his scrap with Joe Gomez made me just really detest the guy. Starting shit with an international teammate just because you weren't happy with a result in a league game? Twat.

48 minutes ago, Spike said:

Outside of Kane he has been up there as our best performer. Was brilliant during Southgate’s first tournament specifically and has deserved his place as a starter ever since 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

£45m is a great price to get him for Chelsea, they have done well out of that I think. He could well have gone for more when you see the prices of others.

I don't know why he get's the hate he does, he's been one of England's best players in recent times and his attacking numbers are solid for City. People seem to easily overlook that.

I think he'll link up well with Chilwell too if he adopts the left side of the three and of course, he offers flexability to play as a false 9.

He was the most high profile black footballer who got all of the “Sterling has 7 kids by 8 different women” headlines. He couldn’t buy his mum a carton of milk without it being scrutinised.

When you look at his beginnings, the sacrifices his mum and sister made for him, it’s a great story to see him doing well.

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Outside of Kane he has been up there as our best performer. Was brilliant during Southgate’s first tournament specifically and has deserved his place as a starter ever since 

*hits the side netting*

INGERLUND
INGERLUND
INGERLUND

Nah, he doesn't impress me for England.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

England has Kane's penalties and that's about it. Vastly overrated NT.

Well it isn't surprising given his life's history.

Sterling was easily England's best player at the Euros.

46 minutes ago, Spike said:

Hence the loss.

Tbh a player looking like one of the better attacking players in the tournament with a manager that I'm not convinced actually knows what he's doing is pretty impressive.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh a player looking like one of the better attacking players in the tournament with a manager that I'm not convinced actually knows what he's doing is pretty impressive.

Looking like is about the best you'll get in Sterling without Guardiola. I don't think he is bad per se, in fact earlier I said he is good but he always look so mediocre in comparison when he isn't playing for Man City. England are dire to watch, I always feel like a lucky free kick or penalty is the only route to victory, but I'm no England expert that is just my observation.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Looking like is about the best you'll get in Sterling without Guardiola. I don't think he is bad per se, in fact earlier I said he is good but he always look so mediocre in comparison when he isn't playing for Man City. England are dire to watch, I always feel like a lucky free kick or penalty is the only route to victory, but I'm no England expert that is just my observation.

It's not far off.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

That means Guardiola is really counting on Julián Álvarez for the next season. I thought City would loan him for another european club but looks like Álvarez will go straight to the 1st team.

I was gonna say - eggs in one basket but people forgetting this signing. Reckon he's going to feature more than people thought.

9 hours ago, El Profesor said:

That means Guardiola is really counting on Julián Álvarez for the next season. I thought City would loan him for another european club but looks like Álvarez will go straight to the 1st team.

Foden has taken Sterling's place with Greelish as back up, Alvarez and Haaland replace Jesus, Alvarez can play anywhere in the front 3, same as Foden with Mahrez and Bernardo also covering the wide positions too ..dont get why people are saying eggs in one basket when we are more than covered for Sterling & Jesus leaving and still looking to bring more players in too

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Foden has taken Sterling's place with Greelish as back up, Alvarez and Haaland replace Jesus, Alvarez can play anywhere in the front 3, same as Foden with Mahrez and Bernardo also covering the wide positions too ..dont get why people are saying eggs in one basket when we are more than covered for Sterling & Jesus leaving and still looking to bring more players in too

Because its a fair assessment. 

You are getting rid of two, influential and proven players who've delivered you 5 years of domestic success for two players who have never played a minute of PL football. Not to mention you are completely changing the way you play for one of them as it entails the team to be built around him. 

It'll be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because its a fair assessment. 

You are getting rid of two, influential and proven players who've delivered you 5 years of domestic success for two players who have never played a minute of PL football. Not to mention you are completely changing the way you play for one of them as it entails the team to be built around him. 

It'll be interesting. 

But we are not, Sterling & Jesus was mostly used off the bench, i don't think we will miss them and ask yourself why Peps happy to let them go to a premier league rival?  and Haaland will adapt to Pep's system, not the other way around 

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But we are not, Sterling & Jesus was mostly used off the bench, i don't think we will miss them and ask yourself why Peps happy to let them go to a premier league rival?  and Haaland will adapt to Pep's system, not the other way around 

Sterling is Pep's third highest ever goal scorer and Jesus bagged you almost 100 goals in 5.5 seasons, whilst playing second fiddle and out of position. The club had their hands tied with Sterling and I doubt Pep sees Arsenal as a direct rival. 

To me, I see Pep banking everything on Haaland and Alvarez to be a immediate success. He is changing his system to now having a focal point, and the last time Pep did something like this was in 2009 where he sold Eto'o in favor of Zlatan. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sterling is Pep's third highest ever goal scorer and Jesus bagged you almost 100 goals in 5.5 seasons, whilst playing second fiddle and out of position. The club had their hands tied with Sterling and I doubt Pep sees Arsenal as a direct rival. 

To me, I see Pep banking everything on Haaland and Alvarez to be a immediate success. He is changing his system to now having a focal point, and the last time Pep did something like this was in 2009 where he sold Eto'o in favor of Zlatan. 

Zlatan worked well

48 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It doesn't look that way to me because we have played a lot of games without them 2 players and been more than fine. lets take Haaland & Alvarez out for a minute and even without them we have a team that can and has won the title, nothing really changes without them, we lost better players in Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc and never missed them too because of the amount of quality we have in the squad ..so leaving them 4 players out we have this and still looking for more players to buy to boost the bench a bit

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Mahrez - Foden - Bernardo

BENCH:- Ortega, Stones, Ake, Zinc, Phillips, Greelish, Palmer, Delap, McAtee, Edozie, Doyle, Mbete, 

Full strength as it stands including Haaland/Alvarez

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bernardo

Alvarez - Haaland - Foden

BENCH:- Ortega, Stones, Ake, Zinc, Phillips, Greelish, Gundogan, Mahrez, Palmer, Delap, McAtee, Doyle, Mbete, 

• The title was changed to Raheem Sterling Completes Move to Chelsea

Archived