talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raheem Sterling Completes Move to Chelsea

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wouldn't want to join us and we shouldn't waste our small budget on him. Not that it'd be enough. As far as attackers, we need a creative midfielder. Not a runner. After that, a new manager that can actually use the players we bought...

Before Arsenal buy anybody they should show Arteta the nearest door. The man is not up for that job. Should have brought in Allegri when they had a realistic chance a couple of years back. 

I've not paid much attention to him at City this season, but is he really not one of their first choices anymore? Still played 31 league games in a side that rotates more than some of the other top sides. 1 goal in 3 still isn't bad

The archetype flatrack bully that is elite when he can walk the ball in. Not the worst player by any means, he is very talented but I never bought the hype. For what he is worth, Arsenal can get a better price on another player.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There is no way Arsenal can afford Sterling, or attract him in their current predicament.

End of story.

Depends how desperate City are to get him off their books. 

Might end up a bargain. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I've not paid much attention to him at City this season, but is he really not one of their first choices anymore? Still played 31 league games in a side that rotates more than some of the other top sides. 1 goal in 3 still isn't bad

I think his playing time is down to him not signing a new contract. Pep has said he doesn't want players who are not fully committed and has cut his playing time because he doesn't think he is.

On 31/05/2021 at 21:03, Redcanuck said:

I think his playing time is down to him not signing a new contract. Pep has said he doesn't want players who are not fully committed and has cut his playing time because he doesn't think he is.

100% he's still one of our best players when given a run of games, he's not played as much because if he doesn't commit to the club, Pep won't commit to him, its that simple, Pep only wants to work with players that want to be here 

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Spike said:

The side netting at Stamford Bridge should be afraid

At some point we will have a front three of Werner, Sterling and Pulisic and they will draw against Burnley 0-0 with an xG of 9. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

At some point we will have a front three of Werner, Sterling and Pulisic and they will draw against Burnley 0-0 with an xG of 9. 

I don't know why but I'm quite fond of Werner. Maybe because he looks like a dumb guy that tries really hard, so it's impossible to hate him.

41 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't know why but I'm quite fond of Werner. Maybe because he looks like a dumb guy that tries really hard, so it's impossible to hate him.

Nah can't fault his effort. Good player but just far too limited on the ball. 

He and Pulisic rumored to leave this window, particularly the latter given he apparently refused an extension. 

• The title was changed to Raheem Sterling - Linked with Chelsea
  • Subscriber
On 20/06/2022 at 06:30, Cicero said:

Yeah figured. 

Weird we have no interest in Gnabry as I thought Tuchel would definitely want him given his availability. 

Apparently Gnabry wont decide if he will extend until after hes returned from vacation... sometime next week I think it was reported. At that point if he wont he will be shopped but its still all up in the air for now, I dont believe they pulled his extension offer off the table yet. If Lewy does depart it might intrigue him enough to play in the middle, the one thing he does have is excellent finishing but Im not too arsed either way. 

Is this a new owner marquee signing or part of a master plan?

I quite liked how Havertz up top, Werner out wide and Mount pushing through the middle worked at times last season. Would replacing Werner with Sterling still get the best out of Mount and Havertz?

The other factor is Gallagher coming through the middle with a shot.

Think Werner will be here as cover (little interest) and Broja just might go to WHU rather than stay at SB.

If we can get money for both Pulisic and Ziyech we might get another forward option.

Though think defence is our main emphasis.

• The title was changed to Raheem Sterling Completes Move to Chelsea

Archived