Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Annual Next Everton Manager Thread

20 hours ago, LFCMike said:

A mate sent me this earlier

IMG-20210615-WA0004.jpg

That’s looks fake af tbf 

44 minutes ago, Rick said:

That’s looks fake af tbf 

To be fair, the fact 'NES' is written on the training gear would contradict that.

Edit - Nope, you're right xD Fair play.

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1

Talk that Moshiri is bored of his Nuno fixation already and has a Rafa Benitez fixation now. The man is utterly deluded and as long as he keeps trying to control the football side of things too much, the lack of expertise is just going to continue cancelling out the extra money be brings to the table.

If he hasn't learned by now to leave the football issues to football people, he isn't going to. It's just totally boring by now. Of course the majority shareholder is going to have a say in the next manager but looking at the names he's employed in the past and continues to be linked with just betrays the total lack of direction that exists. Completely scatter gun. Brands should be driving the process and Moshiri should be ticking it off.

It always amazes me how bad these people are at football when they've clearly enjoyed success in other fields, probably by investing in a project or company and then letting the people who know what they're doing run it day to day. Tony Fernandes always struck me as this type, Moshiri is starting to look the same and unless I get proven wrong or he eventually gets an appointment right there just isn't any prospect of things changing at Everton.

• Upvote 4

That’s a pretty poor knock up. 

Benitez, Liverpool links or not, just isn’t the right sort of manager, IMO. Properly stinks of Everton going for the wrong type of manager altogether (as they did with Rotund Samuel) or going for the latest flavour of the month and being baffled that it doesn’t work (as they did with Silva). 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s a pretty poor knock up. 

Benitez, Liverpool links or not, just isn’t the right sort of manager, IMO. Properly stinks of Everton going for the wrong type of manager altogether (as they did with Rotund Samuel) or going for the latest flavour of the month and being baffled that it doesn’t work (as they did with Silva). 

Completely agree although with Allardyce I will always argue that I don't count that as a proper managerial appointment. A glorified caretaker manager. Also, ironically, objectively the only manager we've had since Moyes who achieved what he was brought in to do.

The Benitez appointment seems imminent and just feels like the worst of all worlds. Personally I can get past the Liverpool history but the second we go on an iffy run it'll get held against him by the fanbase. A good tactician, sure, but no prospect of him building a genuine philosophy at the club and you can't expect him to play attractive football. Basically a continuity Carlo appointment without the same aura and the almost universal buy in from the fans that he had.

If Brands had a big say in this and he thinks an appointment like this serves any sort of long term progression then he should resign, and if he's been overruled by Moshiri because he's more interested in another big name vanity appointment than eventual success, then he should resign. What is the actual point?

I love Rafa so I hope he doesn't go there (wouldn't hold it against him at all though). On the other hand, the thought of him causing utter chaos there with Brands and Moshiri is highly amusing

Fuck the idea of Rafa having anything to do with that lot.

C'mon Moshiri, appoint someone else.

The thing is if there's one owner in the league who would bottle a decision at the last minute because fans are making nasty comments about it on social media it's Farhad Moshiri. If that happened, you could argue about whether he should listen to what the social media mob say when he's deciding how to run the club but you can't pretend it wouldn't be embarrassing that an owner who cares enough about fan opinion to react that way wouldn't see this reaction coming from the fanbase in the first place.

People absolutely fuming, I'm just so bored that I'm going to try to sit back and enjoy the circus instead.

56 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The thing is if there's one owner in the league who would bottle a decision at the last minute because fans are making nasty comments about it on social media it's Farhad Moshiri. If that happened, you could argue about whether he should listen to what the social media mob say when he's deciding how to run the club but you can't pretend it wouldn't be embarrassing that an owner who cares enough about fan opinion to react that way wouldn't see this reaction coming from the fanbase in the first place.

People absolutely fuming, I'm just so bored that I'm going to try to sit back and enjoy the circus instead.

This is me.

Sympathy to Nuno for agreeing a deal and then renegotiating that deal in the hope he could delay proceedings in case an Everton offer came along. Only for him to now be rejected by both clubs.

naat.jpg.0bc3d7f311c57ff4d5099a680809f366.jpg

• Haha 1

Not my preferred course of action and any anger at any of the touted candidates isn't where it should be directed, but this won't go unnoticed by the board.

Rafael Benetiz, the classic Liverpudlian name. Grew up a stones throw from the Kopp they say, didn’t even leave the limits of Liverpool for the first time till he was 36.