talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stan's Euro 2020 Prediction League - Group Stage & Knockout Phase

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, been busy, forgot to predict on time. At least I beat Machado in the last round. :hh: Since I am on 3 points in 2nd place as it stands and Coma also forgot to predict for this final round, is there still a chance I can advance to the next round I wonder? :35_thinking:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Damn, been busy, forgot to predict on time. At least I beat Machado in the last round. :hh: Since I am on 3 points in 2nd place as it stands and Coma also forgot to predict for this final round, is there still a chance I can advance to the next round I wonder? :35_thinking:

You can send me the rest of the games via PM. You just won't get the 5-point extra for predicting all the games (2 additional points instead). 

• Administrator

ROUND 3 Results & Tables

GROUP A
@DeadLinesman 15-0 @LFCMike
@nudge 11-16 @Storts
Group A.PNG
@DeadLinesman & @Storts qualify.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GROUP B
@The Palace Fan 14-13 @Michael
@Coma 0-12 @Machado
Group B.PNG

- @Michael & @Machado finish level, but @Michael had the better H2H record, so he and @The Palace Fan qualify.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GROUP C
@Panna King 17-0 @Pyfish
@Spike 17-14 @Rajabhat Rovers
Group C.PNG

@Panna King qualifies as he has the best Points Difference (PD).
@Spike and @Rajabhat Rovers finish level, but @Spike qualifies as he has a better H2H record.

GROUP D
@Harry 21-0 @The Liquidator
@Viva la FCB 17-12 @Rucksackfranzose
Group D.PNG
@Viva la FCB and @Harry qualify.

GROUP E
@Tommy 21-20 @Redcanuck
@Lucas 12-11 @Dr. Gonzo
Group E.PNG

- @Lucas qualifies
- @Dr. Gonzo also qualifies as he has better PD.

GROUP F
@JoshBRFC 16-18 @Toinho
@Devil 14-18 @Batard
Group F.PNG
@Toinho and @Batard qualify

GROUP G
@6666 15-15 @McAzeem
@CaaC (John) 13-11 @londonerlilie
Group G.PNG
@CaaC (John) and @McAzeem qualify.

GROUP H
@Tar-Mairon 23-13 @Mel81x
@Dan 18-18 @Ploughendplonker

Group H.PNG

@Mel81x qualifies.

@Ploughendplonker qualifies ahead of @Dan due to having a better PD.

Knockout Phase to be posted in due course :). Please all continue to predict as your predictions will still be used for the League Standings!

• Subscriber

@Stan is points difference not a ridiculous way to do it? Surely it should be points scored to be fair - otherwise it’s just completely random for the person you happened to be matched up with 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

@Stan is points difference not a ridiculous way to do it? Surely it should be points scored to be fair - otherwise it’s just completely random for the person you happened to be matched up with 

I've been knocked out because somebody forgot to predict hahaha

1 hour ago, Storts said:

I would have advanced on points scored, but you can't change the rules half way through the game, if it was points difference when the game started so be it.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Deduct five points from this man on the next round for moaning.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I would have advanced on points scored, but you can't change the rules half way through the game, if it was points difference when the game started so be it.

It's always been Points Difference. The tie-breakers have been listed on the first page since the start of the tournament. It was the same for the World Cup 2018 as well. 

Blsme the people that didn't predict, not the rules of the game. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

It's always been Points Difference. The tie-breakers have been listed on the first page since the start of the tournament. It was the same for the World Cup 2018 as well. 

Blsme the people that didn't predict, not the rules of the game. 

The rules of the game are ridiculous though. I don’t understand the logic behind it. The only fair tie break when people are level is points scored as that’s an accurate judgement of the two posters . H2H between them also makes some sense if possible. But honestly points difference is bullshit.

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

The rules of the game are ridiculous though. I don’t understand the logic behind it. The only fair tie break when people are level is points scored as that’s an accurate judgement of the two posters . H2H between them also makes some sense if possible. But honestly points difference is bullshit.

Deduct ten points from this man in the next round for continued moaning.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Storts said:

The rules of the game were always there. 

There was also the opportunity to suggest something different, too, at that time before the competition started.

I will bear it in mind for the next time but saying it's ridiculous and bullshit is a bit of a stretch. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

The rules of the game were always there. 

There was also the opportunity to suggest something different, too, at that time before the competition started.

I will bear it in mind for the next time but saying it's ridiculous and bullshit is a bit of a stretch. 

Fair enough - I think it should be changed next time as it means more deserving people miss out on going through with it out of their control. 

Archived