Last Man Standing - Euro 2021 Edition!

football forum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Matchday 1D

Casualties (2)

It's an early exit for @Toinho and @Chaaay AFC, the only two entrants to back Poland against unfancied Slovakia in the first set of fixtures. The Poles looked on track to overturn their first-half deficit until Grzegorz Krychowiak received a second yellow card just after the hour mark, before Milan Skriniar's thumping effort put the final nail in their coffin. Unlucky chaps, thanks for playing!

Survivors (0)

Nobody else was involved today so the total number of confirmed survivors through to Matchday Two still stands at 19.

Not in play today (26)

Aside from the nineteen confirmed survivors, just 7 people are still waiting to learn their fate and will hope that Portugal can deliver on their favourites tag when they face Hungary tomorrow night. Those seven players - @LFCMike, @Viva la FCB, @DeadLinesman, @Mel81x, @6666, @Panna King and @Coma - are welcome to make a Matchday Two pick before tomorrow's game, especially if you have your eyes on one of the earlier fixtures. I don't want anyone left at a disadvantage by having less than 24 hours to pick! Obviously, if Portugal don't get the win, I'll just disregard your pick for the next Matchday. See the fixtures below!

884323309_ScreenShot2021-06-14at20_52_50.png.42de43a0a2bd2355c5784523aff96095.png

Matchday Two fixtures

1982586869_ScreenShot2021-06-11at22_03_48.png.c94a5f71edebe7507e378726a82f8217.png

The start of the second round of fixtures is fast approaching. I'm awaiting picks from the following players who have made it to this stage: @Dr. Gonzo @Redcanuck @Michael @Machado @Asura @...Dan. Don't forget to get your picks in!

23 hours ago, Devil said:

Don't want to be using too many of the big hitters early so I think I'm gonna roll the dice on Croatia. 

Going to change mine, after watching the Czech's yesterday I think this current Croatia side might struggle to break them down. 

My new choice is Ukraine. 

• Subscriber

Results - Matchday 1 (Complete)

Casualties (0)

With Portugal the only side receiving any backing in the opening pair of fixtures in Group F ahead of their victory over Hungary, there are no further casualties today. A total of 6 players from a pool of 32 entrants have been eliminated in the first round.

Survivors (7)

It wasn't straightforward for those who backed apparent bankers Portugal, but a flurry of late goals, including a brace from Cristiano Ronaldo, sees @LFCMike, @Viva la FCB, @Mel81x, @DeadLinesman, @6666, @Panna King and @Coma safely into Matchday Two. Thanks to those who have already made their next picks, the rest of you can look ahead at the fixtures below as Matchday Two is underway from tomorrow!

Not in play today (19)

Today's seven survivors join the nineteen players that had already progressed to bring the total number of players remaining ahead of Matchday Two to 26. Below are the full results from Gameweek One and the picks I have to date for Matchday Two. Please let me know in a new post whether I've got the wrong team for you or you want to change your pick! @Mel81x, @Panna King, @Asura and @...Dan are yet to make their next picks. Don't miss out as this set of fixtures will be over before you know it!

598180923_ScreenShot2021-06-15at20_16_54.png.b7bcf0efd83ce5f2aec8e4ba6b27f828.png

Matchday Two fixtures

These can be found below for the final time. Starting with tomorrow's update, I'll be posting the third and final set of group matches for the benefit of those who successfully make the next step into Matchday Three.

182852968_ScreenShot2021-06-11at22_03_48.png.64b6687db0faa9c289ae2b4c6525c647.png

Barring any changes people decide to make beforehand, tomorrow is currently set to only see a smattering of action, with Dr. Gonzo and Pyfish backing Russia in the early kickoff and CaaC (John) ploughing a lonely furrow, alone so far in putting his faith in Italy next.

Archived