The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing - Euro 2021 Edition!

football forum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

THE FINAL

So thankfully, I got very lucky and my fuck up ended up making no difference. @Dan seemed to accept Spain as his default pick while @It's Coming Home! arrived and picked Denmark because the Italy-Spain game had already been played. Both may have had cause to complain if they'd been knocked out, but as both were in a scenario where Spain and Denmark were their two remaining choices, and both lost anyway, it made no difference and I don't have to make any difficult decisions about how to handle the situation. Thank you both for playing, enjoy sharing the third spot on the podium.

As for the survivors, @Viva la FCB and @Eco mercifully managed to make their picks on time. Both with the choice between England and Denmark at this stage, they backed the Three Lions who just about got over the line to set up a head to head in the Final.

1140528857_ScreenShot2021-07-08at09_06_04.png.88470604c3564174c65dcb4fdf7e7841.png

As you've both already used Italy and England to make it this far, the slate is wiped clean and you get to make a fresh pick, so here's how the final is going to work.

1) Pick a match winner - if you pick different teams, it will be as simple as whoever picks the Euro 2021 Champions wins the Last Man Standing competition. However, if you both pick the same team, you will also need to...

2) Pick a first goalscorer - in this scenario, you can win even if your goalscorer doesn't score the opener, if he scores at all, you will win. If both of you pick different players who both score, whoever scores earlier in the game is the winner. In case you both pick the same goalscorer, or you pick different guys and neither of them score, you will also need to...

3) Pick the time of the opening goal - if it gets this far, whoever gets closest to the correct minute of the opening goal will win the competition.

Good luck to you both!

• Subscriber

Congratulations to @Viva la FCB who beats @Eco on penalties to win the Euro 2021 Last Man Standing competition. Viva will be investing in a new virtual trophy cabinet before too long, winner of the inaugural World Cup edition as well as the Last Man Standing League two out of the three seasons it has run. A simply incredible knack when it comes to these competitions, well done!

Full results below:

502040497_ScreenShot2021-07-12at09_22_50.thumb.png.017289f53d88a9e6e4dea0d51121a729.png

Last Man Standing is expected to return with a new league season starting off in the English Premier League.

11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

First off Id like to thank god, without him I wouldnt... yeah okay my acceptance speech needs work. Thanks guys fun competition as always and many thanks to @RandoEFC to keep running these. 

mckayla-maroney.thumb.jpeg.91156ba9a6046266a515f09fdb421835.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived