talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter: Euro 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

The regular season is all done and dusted, and the new season is a couple of months away so the focus for football fans is on the Euro 2021 tournament. And to add to all the other Euro 2021 editions of our favourite forum games, it's EURO 2021 GLORYHUNTER.

Those who are familiar with the regular Gloryhunter game will understand the basic premise but this mini-edition of the game will work slightly differently.

Getting Started / How Does It Work?

• Each player will be randomly assigned a team competing in the Euro 2021 tournament
  • If your team wins, you will get 3 points and stay with them for their next fixture.
  • If your team draws, you receive 1 point and get to choose which of the two teams you go to the next fixture with.
  • If your team loses, you receive 0 points and go to the next fixture with the team who have just beaten you.
  • If the team who have beaten you are out of the competition after that game (for example if a 4th place team happens to beat a 1st place team but is still out of the competition afterwards), you are also out of the competition.

Now obviously as this is a group stage and knockout format, some players will fall out of the competition after the group stage, and then it will be a free-for-all to reach the final where it quite possibly could be 2 groups fighting it out to be the champion in the final.

As mentioned above, you will be randomly allocated a team so if you’re interested, let me know and I’ll draw your teams in batches rather than individually. Once a team has been allocated, it won’t go to another player unless we run out of teams (which we won’t!).

The play off places from the regular season (myself, @Bluewolf, @Eco & @Batard) will have 2 reasons to play, as the highest ranked player from the play off places will be crowned Gloryhunter Season Two Play Off Winner.

Now to tag some people...

@Stan, @Deco, @DeadLinesman, @Lucas, @Toinho, @Mel81x, @CaaC (John), @Dr. Gonzo, @Drew, @londonerlilie, @nudge, @Tommy, @Rucksackfranzose, @RandoEFC, @McAzeem, @Robbie, @Smiley Culture, @Cicero

And anyone else who may see this and wants to take part!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Count me in.

I can't wait for the moaning to begin.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Before I say yes, how many teams does Stan get to choose? Does he get bonus fixtures for simply ‘being Stan’? How many extra points will you be giving him for the shits and giggles of pissing me off?

Didn't take long! You've outdone yourself! 

I'll take the extra points whenever you want @Pyfish :D

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Before I say yes, how many teams does Stan get to choose? Does he get bonus fixtures for simply ‘being Stan’? How many extra points will you be giving him for the shits and giggles of pissing me off?

Just for 'being Stan' he gets his pick of any of the bigger teams meanwhile you'll end up with one of the lesser teams. Only fair.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Just for 'being Stan' he gets his pick of any of the bigger teams meanwhile you'll end up with one of the lesser teams. Only fair.

I think I'll choose @DeadLinesman's team as well. That seems fair too. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Is this a new thing? we can pick another team from another member, if so, then I will pick one of @Stan's, Phils teams seem a bit dodgy. O.o

No. Just for me.

• Subscriber

Okay so we have 14 players/teams so far. I'll give it until Thursday evening and then we go with whoever we've got. 

Here are the teams that have gone so far... I will reveal who the lucky people are who've got them before the tournament begins.

GROUP A
TURKEY
ITALY
WALES
SWITZERLAND

GROUP B
DENMARK
FINLAND
BELGIUM
RUSSIA
GROUP C
NETHERLANDS
UKRAINE
AUSTRIA
NORTH MACEDONIA

GROUP D
ENGLAND
CROATIA
SCOTLAND
CZECH REPUBLIC
GROUP E
SPAIN
SWEDEN
POLAND
SLOVAKIA

GROUP F
HUNGARY
PORTUGAL
FRANCE
GERMANY

Yellow teams are taken, white teams still to be allocated.

• Subscriber

THE BIG REVEAL

Barring any last minute entries (I'll give you until 17:00 BST), we now have our players, we know the teams, and it's time to reveal which players will be starting with which teams...

The teams were all randomised and given a number. Each players was then subjected to a randomiser to find out which number they would get, and here is what the result of that was...

GROUP A     GROUP B     GROUP C  
TURKEY     DENMARK     NETHERLANDS @Toinho
ITALY     FINLAND Pyfish   UKRAINE  
WALES @Tommy   BELGIUM     AUSTRIA @Lucas
SWITZERLAND @Stan   RUSSIA     NORTH MACEDONIA @nudge

GROUP D     GROUP E     GROUP F  
ENGLAND     SPAIN @Rucksackfranzose   HUNGARY @DeadLinesman
CROATIA @Viva la FCB   SWEDEN @Robbie   PORTUGAL  
SCOTLAND @McAzeem   POLAND     FRANCE @londonerlilie
CZECH REPUBLIC @Bluewolf   SLOVAKIA     GERMANY @CaaC (John)

So those are your teams, best of luck! Remember, these are only your starting teams, so you may end up with the eventual winner. It's a race to the final, yes, but remember it's the player/s with the most points at the end of the tournament that wins.

Tommy v Stan 12/06 Wales v Switzerland Group A
Pyfish 12/06 Denmark v Finland Group B
Viva la FCB 13/06 England v Croatia Group D
Toinho 13/06 Netherlands v Ukraine Group C
Lucas v nudge 13/06 Austria v North Macedonia Group C
Rucksackfranzose v Robbie 14/06 Spain v Sweden Group E
McAzeem v Bluewolf 14/06 Scotland v Czech Republic Group D
londonerlilie v CaaC (John) 15/06 France v Germany Group F
Deadlinesman 15/06 Hungary v Portugal Group F

Archived