talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Team is Most likely to Repeat as League Champions?

football forum

Which team is most/least likely to repeat as League Champions?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is most likely to repeat as League Champions?

• Real Madrid (La Liga)
    • Chelsea (Premier League)
    • Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)
    • Juventus (Serie A)
    • Monaco (Ligue 1)
  2. 2. Which team is least likely to repeat as League Champions?

• Real Madird (La Liga)
    • Chelsea (Premier League)
    • Bayern Munich (Bundesliga)
    • Juventus (Serie A)
    • Monaco (Ligue 1)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured

1. I put Bayern. BvB are on the rocks at the moment, and I wouldn't expect RB to be able to perform as well as they did this year. I think they walk it again.

2. Monaco seems to the obvious answer. They look to be getting picked apart, and PSG will end up winning the league (again).

Bayern for the most likely to repeat as Champions. The amount of competition in the mid section of the Bundesliga is so good that any competition will take points off each other and Bayern have that extra level not many clubs in the world have.

Least likely, I've gone for Chelsea. They've had a huge advantage of no European games this season and I can see them regressing a little bit next season.

• Subscriber

Good idea for a thread...

Hard to pick between Bayern and Juve for the most likely to retain their titles. Monaco for me are the obvious least likely side with their squad likely to be pulled apart this summer and PSG coming back strong next season.

I have a strong hope that the loss yesterday will have a carry over effect on Juventus next year. 

I have a feeling Serie A is going to be a lot closer next year, and wouldn't be shocked if Napoli or Roma were able to grab the title. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have a strong hope that the loss yesterday will have a carry over effect on Juventus next year. 

I have a feeling Serie A is going to be a lot closer next year, and wouldn't be shocked if Napoli or Roma were able to grab the title. 

For me, what occurred yesterday is a show of when it counts, how the supreme dominant force in Italy is so far behind the real elite.  Caution and conservatism got Juve all the way when the makeup of the team could've been more adventurous.

Just now, SirBalon said:

For me, what occurred yesterday is a show of when it counts, how the supreme dominant force in Italy is so far behind the real elite.  Caution and conservatism got Juve all the way when the makeup of the team could've been more adventurous.

And, I hope that such a obvious display of how to do things, will awaken the Italian teams on how to go moving forward. 

• Administrator

Bayern most likely to win. No-one really comes close to them in Bundesliga. Not consistently close, anyway.

Monaco least likely - their team is getting shredded and although some players might stay, you'd expect PSG to be the ones closest to usurping them as French league winners.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bayern most likely to win. No-one really comes close to them in Bundesliga. Not consistently close, anyway.

Monaco least likely - their team is getting shredded and although some players might stay, you'd expect PSG to be the ones closest to usurping them as French league winners.

I felt this these were the obvious answers. Monaco were a surprise and in football these days, surprise teams mean that they get taken apart. 

Bayern because their biggest rival, BvB, are going to have a lot of question marks since they are losing their best player, and coach.

• Administrator

to be fair, I think Juve and Chelsea will also win their league again. Juve might get challenged even more than this season, but reckon they'll come out winners. Depends how they handle their summer too and who they might buy off those challengers xD 

But Bayern more so than those 2. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

to be fair, I think Juve and Chelsea will also win their league again. Juve might get challenged even more than this season, but reckon they'll come out winners. Depends how they handle their summer too and who they might buy off those challengers xD 

But Bayern more so than those 2. 

Juventus are clearly head and shoulders above the pack, but I just think they maybe, just maybe, Napoli might overtake them this year. I think the likes of Atalanta, and Torino are going to lose their main talent, and I do think you'll have both Milan clubs, Juve, Roma, Lazio, and Napoli taking the top spots. which Milan missing the Euro League.

Bayern are the most likely to repeat, followed closely by Juve. Juventus also look likely, but at least there are a few teams that can challenge them in Italy.

Least likely are Monaco, as I reckon PSG to clinch it next season (and Monaco will likely lose some key players after their CL exhibition), followed by Chelsea on the account of the Premier League having a lot of teams who can potentially win it at this point.

La Liga is 50-50 I reckon. It depends on how Real Madrid and Barcelona step onto the pitch next season, although Real Madrid do seem to have an edge at the moment.

Archived