Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Silas Wamangituka - Real Name is Katompa Mvumpa


Recommended Posts

Stuttgart announced today the player had approached the club to confess his real name and age. Since then Stuttgart have contacted DFL and DFB, to get a new valid player's license for Mvumpa. New personal documents are already sent.

http://www.kicker.de/vfb-teilt-mit-wamangituka-heisst- eigentlich-katompa-mvumpa-806862/artikel

Seems l'Equipe were on the right track with their suspicion last year. Will be interesting to see the legal consequences that has for both player and club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Silas Wamangituka - Real Name is Katompa Mvumpa
  • Subscriber

False identity, forged papers, fraudulent transfers. Will definitely be interesting to see what the legal consequences will be, if any at all. Also very interesting to see that Paris FC allegedly knew about it and actively participated in the whole deal (apparently in order to avoid paying for a transfer fee?). Crazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Eco said:

Seems unreal, but didn't this happen to another team a few years ago? If so, what was their punishment?

I can't remember the name of the player in question, seem to remember there were questions about the identity of a HSV player, though. This case isn't comparable as said player's identity wasn't proven to be false, by the way the person I'm talking about is or at least was asking for asylum at that time and had no documents at all, if I remember correctly. Here we're talking at least about document forgery and violation of the residence reporting law on top. And  Mvumpa has admitted the allegations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I can't remember the name of the player in question, seem to remember there were questions about the identity of a HSV player, though. This case isn't comparable as said player's identity wasn't proven to be false, by the way the person I'm talking about is or at least was asking for asylum at that time and had no documents at all, if I remember correctly. Here we're talking at least about document forgery and violation of the residence reporting law on top. And  Mvumpa has admitted the allegations.

I think we are are on the same wave length. I was thinking that the player was an HSV player, although the circumstances weren't coming to the top of my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think we are are on the same wave length. I was thinking that the player was an HSV player, although the circumstances weren't coming to the top of my mind.

Google is a gem. The name of this HSV player is Bakary Jatta and the public prosecutor is carrying out investigations against him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The Jatta thing sounds familiar, wasnt that in nudge jeopardy recently?

No, but I was very tempted to include a question "Name the player who faked his identity in order to hide the fact that he was playing for HSV" :ph34r: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I feel like he's one of the victims of this, tbh - but I guess he did technically break the rules/law... so it is right for him to get punished.

His former agent should be locked up though.

I think a lot depends on the circumstances and what actually happened; it's hard to judge without not knowing all the details. Did his agent actually threaten him, his family, and thus coerced him into doing it, or was it "only" psychological pressure ala "you won't have a career as a professional footballer if you don't do as I say"? Both are shit, but with a varying degree of Silas' personal responsibility. How much was he involved in the whole thing? I wonder how the German legal system sees it. One way or the other though, his former agent is scum. One can only imagine how many similar cases are there, with all those greedy bastards making themselves rich by pimping young kids and taking advantage of their dreams for a better life for themselves and their family. Manipulative, greedy cunts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nudge said:

I think a lot depends on the circumstances and what actually happened; it's hard to judge without not knowing all the details. Did his agent actually threaten him, his family, and thus coerced him into doing it, or was it "only" psychological pressure ala "you won't have a career as a professional footballer if you don't do as I say"? Both are shit, but with a varying degree of Silas' personal responsibility. How much was he involved in the whole thing? I wonder how the German legal system sees it. One way or the other though, his former agent is scum. One can only imagine how many similar cases are there, with all those greedy bastards making themselves rich by pimping young kids and taking advantage of their dreams for a better life for themselves and their family. Manipulative, greedy cunts.

What his agent did is human trafficking… so it’s incredibly fucked up. And it makes me wonder how many other times he’s done this or done other equally shitty things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What his agent did is human trafficking… so it’s incredibly fucked up. And it makes me wonder how many other times he’s done this or done other equally shitty things.

To be honest, aggressive youth scouting strategies outside of the club's local area seem very dubious for me, in general. Signing hundreds of kids in their pre-teens and moving them to other countries or even continents and putting pressure on them to succeed, considering that there's a good chance they won't make it, and then binning them when they don't, doesn't seem very healthy to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be honest, aggressive youth scouting strategies outside of the club's local area seem very dubious for me, in general. Signing hundreds of kids in their pre-teens and moving them to other countries or even continents and putting pressure on them to succeed, considering that there's a good chance they won't make it, and then binning them when they don't, doesn't seem very healthy to me.

Fully agree with you - I think there's a lot wrong with how European teams bring in promising young players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...