talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - French GP - 18-20th June

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Well that was surprisingly good. Madness for Mercedes in the first instance that they didn't pit Hamilton on the same lap as Verstappen. Red Bull made the right call over them not just once but twice. Verstappen thoroughly deserves the lead of the championship at this stage. Hamilton has made two significant mistakes at Imola and Baku where Max hasn't really apart from the race start today and he also had 25 points robbed from him through bad luck. Don't see why Mercedes didn't pit Bottas when he fell to 4th for the fastest lap. Perhaps there was something in the Perez overtake that made them think there might be a penalty so keep Bottas within 5-10 seconds, or maybe just cracks appearing. Another very good race from Perez, it's all coming together from Red Bull's point of view.

Bottas lost his rag as they didn't follow his instructions for a 2 stop.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Also Aston Martin making a strategy work really effectively again. Alonso starting to look like he's on top of the Alpine. Don't know what happened to Ocon today. Ferrari disastrous issues with tyre wear and ending up without points. Russell has had a phenomenal race finishing 12th with no retirements, ahead of Ocon, Leclerc, both Alfa Romeos. And all my predictions were right except for the fastest lap 😎.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Also Aston Martin making a strategy work really effectively again. Alonso starting to look like he's on top of the Alpine. Don't know what happened to Ocon today. Ferrari disastrous issues with tyre wear and ending up without points. Russell has had a phenomenal race finishing 12th with no retirements, ahead of Ocon, Leclerc, both Alfa Romeos. And all my predictions were right except for the fastest lap 😎.

Sleep with one eye open.

28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Great drive from both Aston Martin drivers, but especially from Lance Stroll who started from the back. 

Lando's overtake on Alonso was also great and brave. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Bottas had every right to be pissed off today.

Bottas apparently flat-spotted his tyres on stint one and had massive vibrations as a result, leading to a very early pit stop, so he kinda should be pissed off with himself, too. Then that mistake, letting Max through with no defending at all - basically the only job expected from him at that point, and he blew it. I can understand why he's frustrated, but to be honest, if he didn't want to be driver #2, he should have left a long time ago... It's obvious his days at Mercedes are numbered, either way.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Bottas apparently flat-spotted his tyres on stint one and had massive vibrations as a result, leading to a very early pit stop, so he kinda should be pissed off with himself, too. Then that mistake, letting Max through with no defending at all - basically the only job expected from him at that point, and he blew it. I can understand why he's frustrated, but to be honest, if he didn't want to be driver #2, he should have left a long time ago... It's obvious his days at Mercedes are numbered, either way.

I agree and we all know historically that bottas isn't up to scratch. I never knew he had a flat stop but saying that after the pit-stops he was close to Lewis in the train of 3, but never really attacked Lewis. He never challenged Max much when overtaken but neither did Lewis as by then they were both sitting ducks waiting to be overtaken. Being honest as you can see from my posts over the last year or so I've wanted him replaced as overall he just doesn't cut the mustard.

Just read now what Toto said at last Bottas complained and shown some fire in his belly. Took him years didn't it?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I agree and we all know historically that bottas isn't up to scratch. I never knew he had a flat stop but saying that after the pit-stops he was close to Lewis in the train of 3, but never really attacked Lewis. He never challenged Max much when overtaken but neither did Lewis as by then they were both sitting ducks waiting to be overtaken. Being honest as you can see from my posts over the last year or so I've wanted him replaced as overall he just doesn't cut the mustard.

Just read now what Toto said at last Bottas complained and shown some fire in his belly. Took him years didn't it?

Yeah, found his balls finally. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived