talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Winger Completes Move to Man City

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mahrez seems like he earns more than his output suggests he would

He was one of their best players last season. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

He was one of their best players last season. 

He's yet to break the 20+ goal mark for City and I think they will want that from their forwards, though being honest I don't know how Jack Grealish would fall into that

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Silva, Mahrez & Sterling I believe.

There is likely no demand for Sterling in my honest opinion, let alone a club that could actually finance his wages. 

Mahrez is 30, is on 200kpw and has 2 years left of his current deal. Can't see any value in him atm. 

Bernardo Silva probably the player likely to leave, but can't see it being a very large sum. 

I'm not ruling Kane out for City I'm just baffled they went all in for Grealish prior. 

Grealish is a confusing topic for me. He truly is a Villa fan himself.

But if Man City, or one of the other English based sides who think they rule football in general lay enough down, would he be tempted?

He's becoming the cult figure for many England fans right now, so perhaps a marketable merchandise seller perhaps. For those who just want to wear a winners shirt.

But, even as an existing admirer, I'm not sure Grealish wouldn't fade away if he was one of many similar level players in a squad he's being paid to be part of. And I can't quite see him ever becoming a prolific goalscorer. Everything about his play is much more in the role of creator. So much depends on what the buying club could be looking for.

At Villa right now he is the main man. Would he really want to swap that for his current England role with a side more likely to win league titles & cups? I'm sure part of Sterling scoring goals recently is looking at the likes of Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Saka & Mount jostling for limited spots in the side. And Sterling really wants to keep his own place in the side. Who knows for sure.. but I have quite a few doubts Grealish will be especially wanting to leave Villa. And the club owners aren't looking to sell. So I suspect it would take some incredible offers.

Grealish is still young enough to give Villa one more season. Considering some of the moves they are trying to make this window, I would seem they are serious about rising up towards the top of the table.

Stay, sign a new deal, try and get Villa into the Europa (very doable when you look at the shite that made it this season) and then leave for Liverpool next summer. 

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Grealish is a confusing topic for me. He truly is a Villa fan himself.

But if Man City, or one of the other English based sides who think they rule football in general lay enough down, would he be tempted?

He's becoming the cult figure for many England fans right now, so perhaps a marketable merchandise seller perhaps. For those who just want to wear a winners shirt.

But, even as an existing admirer, I'm not sure Grealish wouldn't fade away if he was one of many similar level players in a squad he's being paid to be part of. And I can't quite see him ever becoming a prolific goalscorer. Everything about his play is much more in the role of creator. So much depends on what the buying club could be looking for.

At Villa right now he is the main man. Would he really want to swap that for his current England role with a side more likely to win league titles & cups? I'm sure part of Sterling scoring goals recently is looking at the likes of Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Saka & Mount jostling for limited spots in the side. And Sterling really wants to keep his own place in the side. Who knows for sure.. but I have quite a few doubts Grealish will be especially wanting to leave Villa. And the club owners aren't looking to sell. So I suspect it would take some incredible offers.

I think from a business standpoint, not a footballing perspective necessarily, selling Grealish after this tournament would probably be a wise decision. I don't think his value has ever been higher, and coming off the back of a season where he looked brilliant & is the spark for England in an international tournament where England have knocked out Germany... the fee Villa can demand is absolutely outrageous.

From a footballing perspective, it could go either way imo. Invest that money well and the squad as a whole could end up looking a lot better, despite losing the main man in the side. Invest that money poorly and you've got a few expensive players you'll probably be wanting rid of and you'll be missing Grealish a lot.

Having said that, I think the way Villa have conducted business this summer indicates they'd likely spend at least most of that money pretty wisely.

I do think sooner or later, he's going to leave Villa - just because a club like City can offer outrageous money and basically can guarantee a few trophies if you stay for a few years. So imo, if I were in charge of Villa, I'd probably be thinking it's a decent time to sell him once England are in the tournament. Especially if England go onto the final and win Euro 2020 & Grealish keeps being the spark that makes things happen for England.

But also, if I were a Villa fan I definitely would not be wanting this homegrown hero to be leaving at all. I'd be hoping he can see out his career at Villa and hoping that his love for the club will always outweigh however much money any insanely rich side can offer him.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Rick said:

Grealish is still young enough to give Villa one more season. Considering some of the moves they are trying to make this window, I would seem they are serious about rising up towards the top of the table.

Stay, sign a new deal, try and get Villa into the Europa (very doable when you look at the shite that made it this season) and then leave for Liverpool next summer. 

He definitely shouldn’t sign a new deal. Ask Harry Kane. Ask Wilf Zaha. See if they think it’s worth it to lose all your bargaining power when you want to move 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

He definitely shouldn’t sign a new deal. Ask Harry Kane. Ask Wilf Zaha. See if they think it’s worth it to lose all your bargaining power when you want to move 

Put a release clause in there. 

49 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, personally I think it's weird Kane or Zaha didn't demand a release clause when they signed new deals though.

Spurs might be like us and might be resistant to release clauses and maybe could have taken advantage of Kane's feelings regarding the club. Zaha, though, I think could have reasonably demanded a release clause that only applies to teams playing in Europe/just the CL & I feel Palace would have agreed.

The Zaha situation is pretty unique, he's a player that is capable of playing Champions league in my opinion but given the strength of the Premier league transfer market Crystal Palace are well within their right to demand 70 million plus for him. 

So the top clubs aren't taking the risk on him, so basically Zaha is having to accept his best years of his career are being spent at mid to lower Premier league side. 

On 25/06/2021 at 13:34, Cicero said:

Strange. It isn't as if he's needed at City. 

Surely that means Kane/Haaland is out of the question then. 

We will buy about 4 players this summer, Jack will be about 70m plus add on's, Kane about 100m, we have 220million transfer kitty plus player sales! 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We will buy about 4 players this summer, Jack will be about 70m plus add on's, Kane about 100m, we have 220million transfer kitty! 

You’re not getting Kane for £100 million 

Jack Grealish Drops Major Transfer Hint After Deleting Old Anti-Man City Tweets

Jack Grealish may have dropped the biggest transfer hint yet, as the England international has been caught deleting old tweets aimed at Manchester City.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Romano has spoken

Manchester City are now in direct contact with Aston Villa for Jack Grealish. Negotiations ongoing to reach an agreement - not gonna take long, decision to be made in the next days. 🔵 #MCFC

Aston Villa have already offered Grealish a new contract. They hope to keep him. #AVFC

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 29, 2021

On 02/07/2021 at 03:24, Happy Blue said:

Jack Grealish Drops Major Transfer Hint After Deleting Old Anti-Man City Tweets

Jack Grealish may have dropped the biggest transfer hint yet, as the England international has been caught deleting old tweets aimed at Manchester City.

xD I think he's going to Citeh for sure, but that's pretty fucking funny

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD I think he's going to Citeh for sure, but that's pretty fucking funny

Yeah, it's funny when players try hide past comments for a transfer to that club they was slagging :4_joy:  ..tbh, we don't need him and it's a lot of money for a back up player, he's behind Foden & Sterling on that side for me. maybe he can play on the right? then he's up against Mahrez, Bernardo & Torres ..doesn't make any sense on less we off loading a few of these

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think if City pulls this off it all but confirms Foden will be playing as the false 9. 

Rodri

KDB----Gundogan

Foden

Sterling-----------------------Grealish

That's one possibility i hadn't thought about 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah, it's funny when players try hide past comments for a transfer to that club they was slagging :4_joy:  ..tbh, we don't need him and it's a lot of money for a back up player, he's behind Foden & Sterling on that side for me. maybe he can play on the right? then he's up against Mahrez, Bernardo & Torres ..doesn't make any sense on less we off loading a few of these

Tbh I think it's a weird signing, because I'd have thought you'd have more of a need for an out and out striker and you've got lots of players that play in the same position as Grealish, as you said. I think if you sign him, he's probably starting regularly though and you're probably going to be going into the season set up with a false nine more often than not.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I think it's a weird signing, because I'd have thought you'd have more of a need for an out and out striker and you've got lots of players that play in the same position as Grealish, as you said. I think if you sign him, he's probably starting regularly though and you're probably going to be going into the season set up with a false nine more often than not.

I agree, our priority should be to sign Haaland. Kane, Mbappe & Kante

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Football looks to be evolving out of traditional strikers in favor of more interchangeable systems. 

We won the Champions League comfortably without a traditional striker

City won the League without a traditional striker

Even you lot won the league and Champions League without at traditional striker. 

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Man City & Villa Agree Fee
  • The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Winger Completes Move to Man City

Archived