talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Winger Completes Move to Man City

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I think if City pulls this off it all but confirms Foden will be playing as the false 9. 

Rodri

KDB----Gundogan

Foden

Sterling-----------------------Grealish

Really.....

I know City score fun but that team won't win every week. No target man at all.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

They won the league without one. As did Liverpool. 

I know Firmino isn't you traditional number 9 but the team you have posted against the Liverpool front three can't be compared. Grealish isn't a known goalscorer, Sterling can be hot and cold and Foden is an attacking midfielder, there isn't enough goals in those three attacking players to carry them to the title this season. Two of Liverpool's front three are 20 plus goals a season men and Firmino chips in with a fair few when they are on form. 

Chelsea will improve, Liverpool will be back, United have strengthened and will improve. Leicester will improve as well. 

I hope you right and that's what he is planning, if he is planning that I doubt they will win the title. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

That should do the trick right?

Villa should go in for Benrahma, would flourish so much more under Smith playing alongside Watkins.

They're linked with Leon Bailey. Probably be cheaper than Benrahma.

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Man City Submit £100 Bid
Just now, Stan said:

They're linked with Leon Bailey. Probably be cheaper than Benrahma.

I feel like they could pay similar to what West Ham did, but if they can get Bailey for under £30m then it's an easy option.

The few City fans I've spoken to about this transfer aren't 100% sure he's better than what they currently have on the books. 

100 million is a lot of money for a player that you don't generally need. 

Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sterling, Torres, Gundegon and Bernardo Silva.. 

Not like they are struggling for creative players, surely 100 million should be going directly on a striker. 

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Man City Submit £100m Bid

He really is the closest thing to Eden Hazard but I feel Grealish has been vastly overhyped this past year considering he's been used as the 'stick' to beat Mount with after Maddison fell off a cliff. 

I hope this signing does happen as I am interested to see how he does when he isn't the star. 

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

100 million :4_joy: got to love the news papers lol

The world according to HB

Step 1. We're buying *whoever HB wants* 
Step 2. We're paying *half what the media report*
Step 3 If the player's not signed *didn't need that bitch*
Step 4 The player is signed for triple what HB reported *worth every penny* 

• Subscriber

In this market he’s worth 100 million. But I’m shocked they’ve publicly gone for him before Kane. From the outside looking in you’d say Kane would be the priority. 

No offence to any Villa fans but it’s about time he moved on and challenged with the worlds best. He’s in his prime years and being wasted at Villa. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The world according to HB

Step 1. We're buying *whoever HB wants* 
Step 2. We're paying *half what the media report*
Step 3 If the player's not signed *didn't need that bitch*
Step 4 The player is signed for triple what HB reported *worth every penny* 

The first line is correct, sigma's know best but all them steps you just pulled out your fanny :4_joy:

14 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

In this market he’s worth 100 million. But I’m shocked they’ve publicly gone for him before Kane. From the outside looking in you’d say Kane would be the priority. 

No offence to any Villa fans but it’s about time he moved on and challenged with the worlds best. He’s in his prime years and being wasted at Villa. 

I am shocked a Grealish bid is first. Kane's the one who's been whispering himself of moving on. And seems like the player they need more than another wing-attack-CAM type.

Southgate might change his mind if Sterling & Foden find themselves behind Grealish in Man City's pecking order.

On one hand, in a cold hard career mindset, it seems like the thing to do for Grealish doesn't it?

But Steven Gerrard wasn't looking for Champions League football when Liverpool were finding it tough to crack the top 4. Matt Le Tissier never left Southampton. Alan Shearer won 1 title & went to Newcastle as soon as the chance came. Not to Old Trafford.

• Subscriber
On 31/07/2021 at 01:43, JoshBRFC said:

Yeah but good luck getting Harry Kane out of Tottenham with 3 years on his deal. Levy wants huge money to even consider at this point 

4 hours ago, Storts said:

Yeah but good luck getting Harry Kane out of Tottenham with 3 years on his deal. Levy wants huge money to even consider at this point 

I really don't think we are going to go much over 100million with Haaland being available at the end of the season for 68million, you might just keep him 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I really don't think we are going to go much over 100million with Haaland being available at the end of the season for 68million, you might just keep him 

Yeah, especially not if the Grealish deal goes through. I think we have him one more year and he’s going to be pissed off but he will crack on 

Sounds like Aston Villa and Man City have agreed on a fee.

I'm really surprised by the attitude of those Aston Villa fans who have said they'll boo him for leaving the best team they've had in a decade. It's a fantastic opportunity for him and he's showed admirable loyalty over the previous three seasons.

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Man City & Villa Agree Fee
  • The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Winger Completes Move to Man City

Archived