talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Duck

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Say hello to Baby Waddle. 

Still not walking, we're concerned he has something wrong with his legs. 

Screenshot_20210612_095001.jpg

Such a cutie... 

Isn't he walking at all? Like, not even trying, or his legs doesn't seem to support him when he does? Is his nutrition good enough? No deficiencies? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Say hello to Baby Waddle. 

Still not walking, we're concerned he has something wrong with his legs. 

Screenshot_20210612_095001.jpg

download.thumb.png.b2680cb1a88f3ce4d43d7104743fa9f8.png

Ducklings & Niacin - The Cape Coop

@nudge might just be right and I showed the wife who loves ducks and she fell in love with it but said a baby duck like any other animal needs a mothers touch so maybe there must be a place near you with ducks, male and female  who can guide the wee chick along at its early stages.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Such a cutie... 

Isn't he walking at all? Like, not even trying, or his legs doesn't seem to support him when he does? Is his nutrition good enough? No deficiencies? 

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

download.thumb.png.b2680cb1a88f3ce4d43d7104743fa9f8.png

Ducklings & Niacin - The Cape Coop

@nudge might just be right and I showed the wife who loves ducks and she fell in love with it but said a baby duck like any other animal needs a mothers touch so maybe there must be a place near you with ducks, male and female  who can guide the wee chick along at its early stages.

Spoken with a Duck expert and he's not that concerned about him not walking yet, it can take a few days before they get the strength to walk. 

He's currently causing loads of trouble in our house, everyone wants to hold him and I'm just not getting involved. 

5 hours ago, Devil said:

Spoken with a Duck expert and he's not that concerned about him not walking yet, it can take a few days before they get the strength to walk. 

He's currently causing loads of trouble in our house, everyone wants to hold him and I'm just not getting involved. 

A Ducktor?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Great news, Waddle has made fantastic progress, he's gained confidence and is walking and feeding himself from his feeding stations. 

The wife (and me) said pics please, and NO, we are not Mr & Mrs @MUFC  xD

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife (and me) said pics please, and NO, we are not Mr & Mrs @MUFC  xD

I'm at work mate so I will post some later. 

He's taken a liking to my youngest daughter and loves following her around the house. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil said:

He's taken a liking to my youngest daughter and loves following her around the house. 

Lol, told the wife that and she said the duck more than likely thinks she is his/her mother xD

Lol, told the wife that and she said the duck more than likely thinks she is his/her mother xD

Yeah, that's called imprinting. 

As you can imagine she's given him/her an awful lot of attention over the last 48 hours so I'm hardly surprised. 

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

@CaaC (John) will be eyeing it up for one of his delicious dinners...

Don't think so, the wife would kick the shite out of me, she won't eat chicken, duck etc and she has a load of duck ornaments around this lounge, she was bought up on a countryside farm with animals and she had pet ducks etc.

download.thumb.png.1fc340162e87b3038378cbd538c7e4c0.png

• Administrator

Don't think so, the wife would kick the shite out of me, she won't eat chicken, duck etc and she has a load of duck ornaments around this lounge, she was bought up on a countryside farm with animals and she had pet ducks etc.

download.thumb.png.1fc340162e87b3038378cbd538c7e4c0.png

I said your dinner, not hers :P 

Currently living in this rabbit hutch in my extension but he's gonna have a space in the garden or he will have to go to a bird sanctuary. 

Going to be hard to part with him to be fair, the kids love him. 

IMG-20210618-WA0002.jpg

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil said:

Currently living in this rabbit hutch in my extension but he's gonna have a space in the garden or he will have to go to a bird sanctuary. 

Going to be hard to part with him to be fair, the kids love him. 

IMG-20210618-WA0002.jpg

Bird sanctuary? How come? 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

More than likely he is thinking about a duck pond with other ducks around the wee fella, mother & father ducks with other baby chicks.

Me and the wife's dream was if we ever won the lottery would buy a bungalow somewhere in the country and have a big garden and build a big duck pond with ducks, geese, swans etc, but that is only a dream, sigh. :x

dd664e29-654d-41e9-95a3-36f1956e04ec.png.369b826c29c4e7d2b55da0f5ba2937f9.png

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

More than likely he is thinking about a duck pond with other ducks around the wee fella, mother & father ducks with other baby chicks.

Me and the wife's dream was if we ever won the lottery would buy a bungalow somewhere in the country and have a big garden and build a big duck pond with ducks, geese, swans etc, but that is only a dream, sigh. :x

dd664e29-654d-41e9-95a3-36f1956e04ec.png.369b826c29c4e7d2b55da0f5ba2937f9.png

The way I understood it, he's considering giving it away to a bird sanctuary, i.e. some wildlife care/rehabilitation/preservation center... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

To be honest we would only do that if the animal was unhappy or depressed. We love Waddles and its unlikely that will happen. 

But ultimately its about the happiness of Waddles. 

Archived