The better place to talk football.

Duck

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Buy him a little football when he's full sized then let's make him the forum mascot xD

This is the best idea I've heard in a long time xD

Waddle update, I don't know if I've mentioned this before but my wife owns a Childcare business and we have extension built on to our house to accommodate for the children. 

Waddles is getting tons of attention off all the children and is loving it. 

Screenshot_20210621_121403.jpg

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Waddle update, I don't know if I've mentioned this before but my wife owns a Childcare business and we have extension built on to our house to accommodate for the children. 

Waddles is getting tons of attention off all the children and is loving it. 

Screenshot_20210621_121403.jpg

These updates are all great and everything mate but I need to know how much he weighs so I know how many empty tins of these I need to order.... 

Duck Paté With A Slice Of Orange 180G

He looks very tasty though so thumbs up for that... B|

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

These updates are all great and everything mate but I need to know how much he weighs so I know how many empty tins of these I need to order.... 

Duck Paté With A Slice Of Orange 180G

He looks very tasty though so thumbs up for that... B|

:4_joy: If he continues shitting on my patio at the current rate he is, it might be me making the Pate not you!!!

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Growing fast, kids love him the dog isn't as sure. 

IMG_20210626_185445.jpg

If your dog decides to bite it's head off eventually, please refrain from posting any pics of that. 

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

If your dog decides to bite it's head off eventually, please refrain from posting any pics of that. 

The duck will end up bigger than him and I think he will eventually accept him as part of the family. I actually think he's just jealous at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

The speed of growth of a duck is incredible. 

Must have doubled in size in a week alone. 

IMG_20210701_202228.jpg

Get him on the treadmill, those legs look a bit puny... Give him a proper workout as well... He seems to have lost some colour but I don't suppose that's going to matter much when he is mashed up in a jar.. 

run duck GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Get him on the treadmill, those legs look a bit puny... Give him a proper workout as well... He seems to have lost some colour but I don't suppose that's going to matter much when he is mashed up in a jar.. 

run duck GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

He turns white that's why he's lost his colour and if you check back in the thread he's had issues with his leg. I had to seek help because he wasn't extending them out correctly, he walks fine now but has a slight deformity on his left leg which you can see, it's slightly turned in to his body and that's the reason he was reluctant to extend his legs when smaller. 

So the name waddles is perfect for him as that' basically how he walks, with a waddle. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on the Duck situation. 

Over the last week we'd noticed Waddles was spending more time sat on the same spot with little interest in moving about around the garden. In fact it got to the point he spent nearly the whole day sat inside his hutch (which I'd just bought) looking from what I could see was depressed. 

So we consulted a few people for advice and the response from both was he either needed company of his own kind at home or it would be he goes to either a bird sanctuary or a farm with more ducks. 

So we spent two days looking to rehome him which wasn't easy because we wanted somewhere where we could visit and also where we know he'd be happy. We eventually found a lady in Mobberley who has a pond, farm land and loved animals. My wife visited during the day and gave her the thumbs up and we took Waddles on Friday evening. It was horrendous seeing him go but the images we've since been sent have really made me realise we made the best decision by Waddles. 

He's up and about and spending all his days with his new duck friends. 

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good decision... Ducks are social animals and need company of other ducks to stay healthy and happy, so it's for the best. You won't be getting any more then?

To be honest no, we loved Waddles but if we were going to get more we'd have kept him. 

Rightly or wrongly I've bought my youngest a Rabbit yesterday, I know it's wrong to replace but at 7 she didn't understand the reasons behind the decision to rehome Waddles. She was extremely cut up and I needed to cheer her up.

One things for certain we will be kept up to date with Waddles progress, my wife is far to loving to let him go fully, she's even told the women she will take him back if he doesn't settle. 

52 minutes ago, Devil said:

Well getting this lot in was a waste of good money then.... 

Image result for empty jars

Going to have to improvise and put my Bramble Bush to good use but to be honest 'Bramble Pate' sounds shit... thanks a bunch!

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil said:

Bit of an update on the Duck situation. 

Over the last week we'd noticed Waddles was spending more time sat on the same spot with little interest in moving about around the garden. In fact it got to the point he spent nearly the whole day sat inside his hutch (which I'd just bought) looking from what I could see was depressed. 

So we consulted a few people for advice and the response from both was he either needed company of his own kind at home or it would be he goes to either a bird sanctuary or a farm with more ducks. 

So we spent two days looking to rehome him which wasn't easy because we wanted somewhere where we could visit and also where we know he'd be happy. We eventually found a lady in Mobberley who has a pond, farm land and loved animals. My wife visited during the day and gave her the thumbs up and we took Waddles on Friday evening. It was horrendous seeing him go but the images we've since been sent have really made me realise we made the best decision by Waddles. 

Sad buddy but you have done the right thing there, your young lady will understand when she gets older why you moved Waddle on so he had his own kind for company and a duck pond.

What you posted above sounds a bit like wee Kaiden and our daughter trying to explain to him that pet rats do not have a long life span and will either die or end up riddled with tumours as old age creeps in and they have to be put down, the daughter has already lost 3 pet rats and I think the last one I was holding is nearing the end and this is why the daughter has decided not to get any more rats and has been given a wee kitten for Kaiden and she plans to get another one for the company, Kaiden seems happy about that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

In ref to what I said above, the daughter lost another pet rat a week ago and now has only 3 left, the oldest one out of the 3 left has started to slow down a bit in her movements so once she goes then she will adopt the other 2 out to someone else, and sell the cage.

But as I mentioned in the other post, she has a wee kitten ready in 2 weeks time to adopt and bring him home to her flat then later she will get another one which will keep Puddin happy having someone else growing up with him, how's Waddle keeping, any news from his new home?

IMG-20210727-WA0007.thumb.jpg.10c89b9512de463aaf196a9c0b26cb3c.jpg

Archived